TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Champions Classic Projected Lines for Tuesday

Michigan State -4 over Kentucky
    Duke -4 over Kansas

Michigan State is MUCH more athletic this year than they've been in... well forever. This UK team is more on the level of Cal's second team there (Brandon Knight's team) and that is the number I used for them. I firmly expect UK to be a 1 or 2 point favorite

Why so much hype around Kansas? They lost their ENTIRE starting 5 from last season. Tarik Black is a garbage man, nothing more. He isn't on the level that Withey was for sure. The new players are pretty solid. They have Wiggins who is the best recruit in this class, as well as Wayne Selden who is a top 20 player. Hunter Mickelson is solid but not spectacular and Embiid (the big 7 footer) is a great specimen but very raw. On the other hand, Duke brings back their starting backcourt (Cook and Sulaimon). They get one of the best transfers in the country eligible in Rodney Hood. Throw in Jabari Parker and you have 4 VERY solid players. Amile Jefferson isn't a good center by any means but for Duke, he'll be fine. Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston are two solid senior role players. I can't see Duke losing

Goodfella10
    Goodfella10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

I heard somewhere (can't remember now), that UK would open at -2.5 pts Tuesday, so you are right on in your expected line for that game.

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Tarik Black is a good player.. But I agree and expect Duke to win and agree Ab the athleticism of Mich St most athletic team since Shannon Brown

Amb012
    Amb012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Kentucky -2.5 and duke -5 IMO

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the dukies here as well. Not much of an expert except for the big teams but I agree with everything you said and will follow both teams closely because of JB and Wiggins and I really am not that much into Kansas right now. If those are the lines they really look like its worth a play on duke.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

nobody has seen these lines?

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Michigan State -4 over Kentucky
    Duke -4 over Kansas

Michigan State is MUCH more athletic this year than they've been in... well forever. This UK team is more on the level of Cal's second team there (Brandon Knight's team) and that is the number I used for them. I firmly expect UK to be a 1 or 2 point favorite

Why so much hype around Kansas? They lost their ENTIRE starting 5 from last season. Tarik Black is a garbage man, nothing more. He isn't on the level that Withey was for sure. The new players are pretty solid. They have Wiggins who is the best recruit in this class, as well as Wayne Selden who is a top 20 player. Hunter Mickelson is solid but not spectacular and Embiid (the big 7 footer) is a great specimen but very raw. On the other hand, Duke brings back their starting backcourt (Cook and Sulaimon). They get one of the best transfers in the country eligible in Rodney Hood. Throw in Jabari Parker and you have 4 VERY solid players. Amile Jefferson isn't a good center by any means but for Duke, he'll be fine. Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston are two solid senior role players. I can't see Duke losing
    Kentucky/Michigan St should open as a Pick or Kentucky will be at -1.

Duke Line looks good.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Powell...I appreciate your guesstimated lines, but UK will be favorite here for sure. I don't care how athletic or experienced Michigan St is.....the public will LOVE UK and all the talent, and this alone makes them favorite of around 2 or 3.

According to your predicted line, you will love seeing the Spartans getting a few points here.

TPowell

I expect UK to be - 3 or so but that was my first line

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

I expect UK to be - 3 or so but that was my first line
    If the books shave the points that much, then betting Michigan St becomes enticing.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

TPowell so, if I get this right, you see lots of value in Michigan St, right?

TPowell

I definitely do long as msu is healthy.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I definitely do long as msu is healthy.
    As far as I can tell, they are.

I might go huge on MSU here.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You were right on the Duke line, but MSU opens at -2.5 and goes to -3.5. Wow.

TPowell

damn, thought I might get some value