Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

LKid1's 2013-2014 NCAA Hoops Thread

Going to have my thoughts on Opening night shortly.

I doubt we can repeat last years Numbers but it's all about the ride in this game

Good Luck this season

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Alabama vs Oklahoma @ Dallas, TX
    Fri, Nov 8 5:00 PM ET

The Sooners are completely depleted after losing their top 3 scores from last season's NCAA Tournament Squad. They do have a talented backcourt sending I. Cousins, B. Hield, & J. Hornbeak into their Sophmore campaigns. However their frontcourt offers nothing to talk about.

The Tide are very experienced group, lead by a great talent in Sr. Guard Trevor Releford. His side kick Jr. Rodney Cooper provides a nice compliment. They have some big boys they rotate in the Frontcourt that really work well together.

You guys know Anthony Grant's style: Play hard nose defense and really work the ball around on the offensive end. They play a slow style and are relentless on the defensive side of the ball.

I think Alabama will wear out Oklahoma and easily win the turnover battle with the more experienced group. This game won't be fun to watch and I see this something like 64 - 56 type of game. Zero chance I will be playing totals for a while until I see the rule changes first hand. However I will take my chances with the Crimson Tide here -4ish or less.

I'll be starting the year making 0.5 unit plays just until I settle in.

I'll post Offical plays when lines come out

More thoughts to come

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Lines have been out for around 2 hours.. Bama is 6

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

TCU vs SMU @ Dallas, TX
    Fri, Nov 8 7:30 pm ET

This game has blowout potential. Larry Brown's group returns all 5 starters and expectations are growing by the minute. They have some depth this year, which will really play a big role in their run towards the dance. TCU is a very inefficient squad who lost their best big man to a season ending injury.

I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Brown's squad gets out a a quick start and doesn't look back.

Will play SMU at single digits most likely

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Colorado vs Baylor @ Dallas, TX
    Fri, Nov 8 10:00 PM ET

I like the players coming back for the Buffs this year and not sold on Baylor (per usual). However I'm hesitant to take the dog because I do think Baylor has the advantage on the glass. Colorado doesn't not have an answer for Isiah Austin. This is a game I'm most likely going to take a wait and see approach, even though I might be passing up a nice ML Score here.

Maybe I can talk myself into this one by tomorrow.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Boston College @ Providence
    Fri, Nov 8 6:00 PM ET

I like Ed Cooley's squad and think he is one of the more underrated coaches in the nation. They have star talent on this squad with Cotton, Batts, Dunn, & Henton. Just imagine if Ledo played 1 year! This team will be dancing in March.

BC had a better than expected season last year and return everyone. They will be hard but at the end of the day the Friar's talent @ home will be too much. Just as along as Providence does not turn it over 20 times.

Give me the Friars at home minus the short #

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    TCU vs SMU @ Dallas, TX
    Fri, Nov 8 7:30 pm ET

This game has blowout potential. Larry Brown's group returns all 5 starters and expectations are growing by the minute. They have some depth this year, which will really play a big role in their run towards the dance. TCU is a very inefficient squad who lost their best big man to a season ending injury.

I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Brown's squad gets out a a quick start and doesn't look back.

Will play SMU at single digits most likely
    I'm with you on this one, line should be like 15/16 had alot of fun fading them last year on the road.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
    I'm with you on this one, line should be like 15/16 had alot of fun fading them last year on the road.
    Good Luck this Season

Emancipator

Good Luck this Season
    run them jewels

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Took a long time to go over that card.

My Card will be looking something like this

1x Ml Parlay
    SMU
    UCONN
    Alabama

0.5x Prov -2.5

Leans towards Buffalo +5 & Drexel +10

Lines are just soft openers from Bet Online

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

LK......havent kept up with it since I don't have funds, but just peaking at the lines, Illinois St +19.5 at VCU seems intriguing.
    I know Carmichael is gone, but what about Brown? Illinois St may be in complete rebuild mode, and I'm guessing thats probably the case with such a huge number for a respectable program.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    LK......havent kept up with it since I don't have funds, but just peaking at the lines, Illinois St +19.5 at VCU seems intriguing.
    I know Carmichael is gone, but what about Brown? Illinois St may be in complete rebuild mode, and I'm guessing thats probably the case with such a huge number for a respectable program.
    Illy St bringing in like 10 new faces, so yeah complete re-build. Number might be 1-3 points high but not touching it...

GL

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I used to have more success over the next 2-3 weeks then any other time of the year.
    I think I hit close to 70% 3 straight seasons about 30-40 into the season. Obviously I always tapered off, but this is a time to exploit perceptions, and really hammer what are known as traditionally strong or weak programs.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Yeah I hear ya, non-conference play is normally very profitable

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Offical Plays (so far)

528 SMU -10 1x
    532 Providence -3 1x

541 Missouri St -3 2x
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 11-07-13 at 08:06 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Missouri St @ Old Dominion
    Norfolk, Va
    7:00 PM ET

ESPN Full Court

ODU brings in new coach Jeff Jones to try and turn around a team that only won 5 games last year. They were one of the worst teams in the nation last year. Returning 4 starters but not sure how much that means for this unit.

The Bears have Postseason expectations for this '13 Campaign. They return basically their entire rotation including MVC Freshman of the Year Marcus Marshall. They also get back Senior Forward Jamar Gulley after missing all of last season.

The pace of this game should be faster than most would expect. Both teams foul a lot, and Missouri St should want to get out and run more than they did last year. If a Low Total Comes out, like 126, I'd hit the Over as well.

The mismatch is clear in this one and its located in the Frontcourt. Bigtime size advantage for the Bears in this and w/ the reigning FOY in the backcourt they should have no problem leaving Norfolk with the Win.

EDIT total set at 136, too high for me but oddsmakers seem to agree about the pace.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

GL this season Kid

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

Going to have my thoughts on Opening night shortly.

I doubt we can repeat last years Numbers but it's all about the ride in this game

Good Luck this season
    have another great season pal

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    GL this season Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post

have another great season pal
    Thanks Fellas

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Best if luck- I'll be tailing hope to make some $$$

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I'm going to post some info about a few teams that might be under the radar some.

IOWA HAWKEYES

I have no clue how this team is not ranked in the top 25. Ken Pom has them at 15, which is all that really matters. However this is my sleeper pick to make a deep run this year. Fran McCaffery's 4th year and he has done an excellent job, fresh off a 25 win season. Leads me to believe this is the year it really comes together.

This team is incredibly deep and very experienced, having gone to the NIT Championship game last season. Roy Devyn Marble is primed for a huge Sr. season. Aaron White is a very good player at the forward position and they both have a solid group around them. They team rebound, take care of the ball, & shoot it very well from the line. They had 6 losses by 4 points or less last year.

They are going to have a big time season.

Other Teams that should have strong seasons, that not many are talking about:

UConn
    Memphis
    Providence
    St. Johns
    Harvard
    UMass
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 11-07-13 at 07:24 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Connecticut vs Maryland @ Brooklyn, NY
    Fri, Nov 8 6:30 PM ET ESP2/WatchESPN

I don't see much to like with the Terps this season. Dez Wells can score but they have a question mark at the Point with the injury of Seth Allen. I don't like their frontcourt and they are most likely going to play 6 freshman in a 9 man rotation.

Kevin Ollie is a very good coach and his Backcourt is an outstanding one. The duo w/ Bazz & Boatright is among the nations best. They have experience and really provide solid pressure on their opposing guards. Which will play a role in this one, with the question mark @ the point for the Terps.

The Huskie's brought in a much needed Frontline. They couldn't rebound anything last year and I'm hoping these newcomers will improve that category. But as I stated before, Maryland's no better.

I just don't think the Terps can hang in for 40 minutes in this game.

Moneyline's aren't out yet but I'm considering playing the Huskies on the ML parlayed with the Tide. (It should be around +125)

For some reason I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on the -5 and -5.5 in these 2 games.

Will post if I do make a play....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    Best if luck- I'll be tailing hope to make some $$$

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Drexel & Buffalo are still standing out to me as live dogs, but haven't hit those 2 either, at this point.

TPowell

Connecticut vs Maryland @ Brooklyn, NY
    Fri, Nov 8 6:30 PM ET ESP2/WatchESPN

I don't see much to like with the Terps this season. Dez Wells can score but they have a question mark at the Point with the injury of Seth Allen. I don't like their frontcourt and they are most likely going to play 6 freshman in a 9 man rotation.

Kevin Ollie is a very good coach and his Backcourt is an outstanding one. The duo w/ Bazz & Boatright is among the nations best. They have experience and really provide solid pressure on their opposing guards. Which will play a role in this one, with the question mark @ the point for the Terps.

The Huskie's brought in a much needed Frontline. They couldn't rebound anything last year and I'm hoping these newcomers will improve that category. But as I stated before, Maryland's no better.

I just don't think the Terps can hang in for 40 minutes in this game.

Moneyline's aren't out yet but I'm considering playing the Huskies on the ML parlayed with the Tide. (It should be around +125)

For some reason I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on the -5 and -5.5 in these 2 games.

Will post if I do make a play....

The guy has coached one year........... Maryland has a lot of young talent but not liking their PG situation, its a pass for me

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    The guy has coached one year........... Maryland has a lot of young talent but not liking their PG situation, its a pass for me
    The words been out on Ollie for years now, his team will always give 110%.

TPowell

The words been out on Ollie for years now, his team will always give 110%.
    I'll hold off judgement until when he doesn't have 2 legit PG's in the lineup at all times. I think they could potentially be a Sweet 16 type team if they can find a post presence

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I'll hold off judgement until when he doesn't have 2 legit PG's in the lineup at all times. I think they could potentially be a Sweet 16 type team if they can find a post presence
    Lol, well if he doesn't than his failing to recruit...

They will have a strong year, no doubt.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bookmark, didn't realize you had a thread in here. Ready to roll this year
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Bookmark, didn't realize you had a thread in here. Ready to roll this year
    Lets get it

Emancipator

Offical Plays (so far)

528 SMU -10 1x
    532 Providence -3 1x

541 Missouri St -3 2x
    Tailed your SMU play, BOL.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay I've locked in my first 2 early plays for tomorrow. Will have more plays for the evening games but I cannot cap anymore tonight or my wife may murder me. Looking hard at SMU, Im not there yet but I have some time.

Ticket # Accepted Type Risk To Win Short Description
    11/7/2013 9:42PM Spread 54.00 50.00 Basketball - 532 Providence -3 -108 for Game
    11/7/2013 9:42PM Spread 54.00 50.00 Basketball - 585 Air Force +3 -108 for Game

YoGaddy
    Update your status
    YoGaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2203

BOL this year Lkid! You had a great year last year and I know you'll do the same this year

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Offical Plays (so far)

528 SMU -10 1x
    532 Providence -3 1x

541 Missouri St -3 2x
    Adding

Ml Parlay 1x
    Alabama -175
    Connecticut -230
    (+125)

Final card

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by YoGaddy View Post
    BOL this year Lkid! You had a great year last year and I know you'll do the same this year
    Thanks man, looking forward to it

good luck

1234 ... Last