Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida/Tennessee

Can Florida really lose 3 out of 4? I think I will stay away from this one as Tenn is really good at home, but I just don't see how Florida loses this one tonight... They should come out pissed off as hell tonight and really try to take it to Tennessee... If Tenn is not hitting their 3 balls then I think Florida wins this one easily tonight...

What are your guys thoughts on this one?

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

i like Florida, but they are not playing well, probably a stay away game for me

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can see Florida lose again tonight P2M. In fact I'm considering playing Tennessee on the ML tonight.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wish that I was on ol' Rocky Top
    Down in the Tennessee hills
    Aint' no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top
    Ain't no telephone bills
    Once I had a girl on Rocky Top
    Half bear, other half cat
    Wild as a mink,
    but sweet as soda pop
    I still dream about that.

Rocky Top you'll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good ol' Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee,
    Rocky Top Tennessee

bigboydan

Did you guys catch this little tid bit?

"I'm worried about our team right now," center Al Horford told USA Today. "We've just got to get back in there and just figure this out. If it's not going well on offense, guys quit on defense. That's something we never did last year, so that's something we have to deal with. We've got to be able to overcome that and know that some nights we're not going to score 80 points."
    The comment of "guys quit on defense" does rather intrigues me a little bit fellas.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I would lean to Tennessee...but I am taking some time off these days to focus on other things.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, this is a tough one. Florida did have a similar losing period in late February last year as well, and they of course rebounded magnificently.

On the other hand, Bruce Pearl is a very effective coach. Tennessee is undefeated at home this year, and he has put great importance on finishing the year undefeated at home, for "historical" purposes. Also, Chris Lofton was out when Florida destroyed Tennessee earlier this year, and he seems to be playing well on his return.

I think Tennessee could well win this game outright. Getting them at +4 or in the +160 ML range is probably where the value lies. But there are too many unknowns involved to make any play a large one. I'd take Tennessee, because of the value, but of course if Florida rights themselves a blowout win would not be a surprise.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am leaning towards Tennessee, but will probablly pass.

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

I om FLA i think they will rebound from the last 2

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

florida taking it on the chin so far, tenn backers looking good

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any second half bettors with leans? side is 6 and total is 79.5/

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

i put 1/2 unit on the under. think vols will try to slow the pace a bit with such a big lead.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

WOW! Sure am glad I stayed away from this one... Florida was the only side I was considering playing... Glad I decided to go with the Wolverines instead of the Gators! Props to those of you who have Tennessee in this one! The rout is on! Although, I just sat through the Pacers blowing an 18 point lead so anything is possible! I think the Vols would probably beat the Pacers right now though! LOL

Razz

The very definition of heart:

Good to see him go out a winner on Senior Night.
    Last edited by Razz; 02-27-07 at 09:41 PM.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Should of bet TENN

Was so close but couldn't pull trigger..

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Only a 10 point game now. Wasnt this thing up to 27?

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, and double yes. Hit a 1 unit TN ML at +165 and hit the Florida side (-6) at half. Lovin it'.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Good call on Tennessee fellows....

bigboydan

This Gators defense was just horrid tonight wasn't it. They need to start playing some D, or you might as well write them off for any possible chance of repeating this year.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    This Gators defense was just horrid tonight wasn't it. They need to start playing some D, or you might as well write them off for any possible chance of repeating this year.
    They came into the dance struggling last year as well though. Also, playing at Tennessee is about as difficult as it gets in regards to college environments.

Razz

I actually liked what I saw from the Gators in the second half. The last 10 or 15 minutes was the first time I've seen them bring any intensity to a game in over a month.
    Still, they have so many flaws. Brewer kills the team offensively - he can't make an open jumper, and when he tries to handle the ball, it almost always results in a turnover - and he doesn't play lockdown defense like he used too. They don't have anyone that plays defense at the guard position (Humphrey has been terrible all year. The only reason he is on the floor is to make open jump shots, and he hasn't been doing that very well this season), and Noah has been their third best big man the past couple weeks - actually, Richard was their best player tonight.