SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Penn -10 at Harvard

Penn -10 at Harvard

Game Time: 2/23/2007 7:00:00 PM
    By: Dennis Macklin

Lay the points on the Penn Quakers on the road at Lavietes Center to take on the Crimson of Harvard.

When looking at the Penn Quakers, you pretty much have to throw their number out prior to conference play as they're the only Ivy League team left with the hutzpa to venture outside the witness protection program when making their November and December schedules.

Playing better competition and in reality having the best kids is the reason that Penn has dominated the Ivy in the new millennium. Penn is 3-1 straight up and against the spread on the Ivy road this year with wins of 18, 26, and 16 points. Harvard is a very pedestrian 3-2 straight up and 2-3 against the spread in five Ivy homies.

Nine of Harvard's last opponents have shot at least 50% from the field. Penn is 17-2 straight up in the series winning the last five, and 7-2 in their nine most recent visits here. Penn won the first go around by 14 in Philly, and covering 10 here seems very doable.

Play: Pennsylvania -10
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 08-05-14 at 04:34 PM.

SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quakers -10 at Crimson

Game Time: 2/23/2007 7:00:00 PM
    By: Alex Smart

Back the Quakers of Pennsylvania as road favorites this evening when they travel to play the Harvard Crimson.

The Pennsylvania Quakers enter into this game against Harvard in first place in the Ivy League by a half-game lead over Yale.

Penn is now being asked to cover a hefty spread on the road tonight against a reeling Crimson team that, since losing their most talented player Brian Cusworth due to Academics for the season, has looked lost. Harvard has dropped five of their last six, the lsat three of which have been on the road. Can Penn cover the number? I say they can.

Final Notes & Trends: Pennsylvania is an impressive 9-3 against the spread their last 12 on the road as 7-12½ point favorites. The Quakers have covered four straight at Harvard by an average of 15.8 per game. The Crimson are 2-9 against the spread the last 11 they have played at home.

Projected Score: Quakers-81 Crimson-67

Play: Pennsylvania -10
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 08-05-14 at 04:34 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man, I guess I'm the only one that likes Harvard here uh.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Man, I guess I'm the only one that likes Harvard here uh.
    I also have a lean towards Harvard, but will probablly pass.