SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brad Diamond: Butler -11 at Cleveland St

Butler -11 at Cleveland St

Game Time: 2/8/2007 7:00:00 PM
    By: Brad Diamond
    http://www.playbook.com

Lay the points and take the Butler Bulldogs this evening when the meet the Cleveland State Vikings on the road at Wolstein Center.

There is not much of a handicap when you have two clubs going in opposite directions. Cleveland State is 8-17 straight up with a losing home record of 5-7 straight up. Butler is rolling no matter the site, achieving a wonderful 22-2 record overall and solid markers on the road at 6-2 straight up. Not only is Butler at the top of the Horizon League and a lock for the NCAA tourney, but a feared opponent in a first round game come March Madness.

The Bulldogs are ranked #13 in the AP and come with a red hot 8-0 straight up and against the spread run, 7-0 against the spread in the role of favorites. They have three double-digit scorers, and go eight deep with a senior and junior laden lineup. The Bulldogs are one dangerous basketball team considering they commit just 9.7 turnovers on average while defensively allowing 55.4 points per game.

Cleveland State has been depressed lately achieving poor game marks of 2-8 straight up and 3-7 against the spread in Vegas. The Vikings are 18-41-1 against the spread off a straight up loss. The home team in this series has covered seven of eight, but we doubt this battle will have Cleveland State counting the cash.

Play: Butler -11

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only way I could play this game is the over 118.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've got a strong feeling CSU covers this game and could actually steal it.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've actually got this line at -10.5 right now and I believe Butler is the right play.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on Cleveland State already for four units.

GUNZ-05
    GUNZ-05's Avatar Become A Pro!

butler -10.5

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game was never close... I live in Indy so I watched it... Butler was ahead by 47 @ one point! WHAT A JOKE! They hit 20 three balls... You'll usually win when you do that! WOW!

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    This game was never close... I live in Indy so I watched it... Butler was ahead by 47 @ one point! WHAT A JOKE! They hit 20 three balls... You'll usually win when you do that! WOW!

I ended writing this one off at halftime.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I ended writing this one off at halftime.
    Better to get blown out then lose in a close one. I think anyway.

If I didnt back up Fairfield with the spread yesterday, had them on the ML, I would of rather them get blown out then lose my +350 by 1.

Illusion

I ended up losing two games by the hook last night (DePaul and Louisana State) I would much rather get blown out than lose like that.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I ended up losing two games by the hook last night (DePaul and Louisana State)

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post

Yeah, usually.
    Butler's winning streak comes to an end Saturday.

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you mean the Raiders win streak comes to an end on Saturday but good luck with the rest of your plays