tnkwilli
    tnkwilli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Need Raw Data

I would say the I am pretty skilled when it comes to creating excel spreadsheets and analyzing numbers & such. The other day I was able to get my hands on a database from SI that someone had purchased which was for the NCAA. The only bad thing is that it only went back to 2003. I am trying to find a place to get many years of raw data. If I could do that I would like to work in conjunction with some of you guys that have good ideas on the types of situations to analyze. The only bad thing is without the raw data it makes it next to impossible to analyze anything that has statistical significance. I feel like this is one area that I could contribute in this forum. If anyone has any ideas of how to get raw numbers or has them and could help me out that would be great. Also, if I get the numbers and anyone would like to collaborate on analysis, I would welcome that as well.
    Thanks for the input!
    Also if anyone would like the NCAA DB I already have have, PM me with your e-mail and I will get you a copy.

JDK192
    JDK192's Avatar Become A Pro!

Donbest goes back pretty far. Don't know exactly what year. Go to NCAA Basketball scores, then click on choose date. It goes day by day - pretty tedious but that's the best place I know of.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Are you looking for daily info NBA NFL NHL etc...
    backdating say 10 years or so, or would this be too much

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would agree with JDK192 and say DonBest would be a good place to start for the info you are seeking tnkwilli.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Covers goes back 10 years if you do not mind going on a team-by-team basis.

tnkwilli

I am looking for as much raw data as I can get. The more data I have the more I can manipulate and analyze many different things. I have been to Don Best & such to look at these things but the only way I can use that info is if I put the numbers in by hand game for game. What I am looking for is raw data already in a .csv or .xls format. I am not sure if you can get that data anywhere or if anyone has access to that data. I am good at searching online and I have not really found anything yet that suits the needs.
    Thanks!

Meestermike
    Meestermike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

How raw do you need? Box Scores, Game data summaries, YTD data by teams???

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

I'm interested tnkwilli. I'll make contact. Thanks for posting.

Meestermike
    Meestermike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

I extract data from Statfox and create numerous formula play sheets from that data. Have TY in .xls format. Can get data back to 96/97

tnkwilli

I am looking for things like opening line or closing line, Half-time totals, box scores. If I can get the lines, along with the box scores that would be ideal.

Barraketh
    Barraketh's Avatar Become A Pro!

long time lurker, but I would also love to have some raw data if someone is willing to share, especially NBA data. I'm interested in boxscores and opening/closing lines, especially over/under. I'm hoping to play around with some machine learning algorithms, but they all require fairly large training sets, so at least 5 years would be great. If anyone can share I would greatly appreciate it (and obviously would share my results if I find anything useful =))
    Last edited by Barraketh; 02-11-07 at 08:23 AM.