SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michael Alexander: Terps -4½ vs Cavs

Terps -4½ vs Cavs

Game Time: 2/6/2007 9:00:00 PM
    By: Michael Alexander
    http://www.10starpicks.com

Take the Terrapins as home favorites tonight when Maryland hosts the Virginia Cavaliers in an ACC rivalry.

The Virginia Cavaliers take to the road tonight for an ACC battle at Maryland against the Terrapins. The Cavaliers have been red hot of late winning six in a row that included big road wins at NC State and Clemson. By virture of the winning streak, Virginia sits at 15-6 overall and a very profitable 10-5 against the spread.

However, the Cavaliers have struggled on the road as they are only 3-5 this season. The Virginia offense has been a scoring machine at home averaging 79.5 per game has really struggled on the road, dropping almost a full 13 points to 66.7 per game. Their defense has been just about as bad away from home as well, giving up a rather high 72.1 points per game.

The Terps come into this game off a big win on the road at Wake Forest and sit 17-6 straight up and 11-6 against the spread this season. At home, Maryland has been unbeatable as they are 13-1 straight up and a money making 7-1 against the spread.

Maryland's offense certainly hasn't had any trouble scoring this season at home as they are averaging a potent 84.1 points per game. While their offense has been scoring their defense has been tough giving up only 62.5 points per game on their home court.

Things to consider: Virginia is 6-22 against the spread as a road underdog of six points or less or pick 'em since 1997. Virginia is 9-26 against the spread in February road games since 1997. And the Cavs are 0-7 against the spread off a no-cover where the team won straight up as a favorite over the last three seasons.

Too much firepower with the home team in this one, and with a fairly low number to cover. I'm taking Maryland.

Play: Maryland -4½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

That first meeting they had this year was total domination by the Cavs. The Terps did make that big run in the 2nd half of that game, but they just never could pull any closer than 3 at the 10 minute mark left in the game. Then the Cavs just busted Maryland right back open with a 15-2 run or something like that.

I think I'll take my chances with Virginia plus the points in this game tonight.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under 155 and will pass on the side.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Maryland is the correct play here, but I'm not getting involved. Good luck with that under.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I bet Virginia at +5.5 a few minutes ago.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I'm gonna ride UVA at +5.5 also.