Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Early thread for Wisconsin/Indiana 01/31/07

Indiana is 11-0 @ home this season... Wisconsin will come in riding a 17 game winning streak! Although, I think IU will be favored in this game(I'll say by 2.5?) and I know that most people will want the Badgers and the points... However, I really see Indiana winning this game! They shoot lights out from 3 point range at the friendly confines of Assembly Hall... Sampson has them playing in your face defense... The UNDER is something to look at as well... I believe they will set the total too high, but Wisconsin hasn't seen a defense like IU's all year... This is one that I'm really looking forward to!

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this game...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm still capping this sonics/Clippers game tonight bud, and your asking me for a game that does tip for like 3 days

All joking aside bud. I really don't know what to make of this matchup yet. I keep waiting for Wisky to come back down to earth, but they just keep chugging along.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Just got home from the Pacer game and was definitely anxious to check this line out... IU/Consin PICK EM! I'm on IU big here... Wisconsin's winning streak is due to come to an end and tomorrow it will end in Assembly Hall! The Hoosiers are 11-0 @ home this year and have just bombed teams from 3 pt range there this season... This is not just a play from being a huge IU fan, I really think that IU will win this game on their home floor! Suns 17 game winning streak came to an end last night, Wisconsin's 17 game winning streak comes to an end tomorrow night!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure I'll take a side on this one, but I'm leaning toward Wisconsin. IU hasn't played any team as complete as Wisconsin this season - be it home or away. The 3 can be negated by Wisconsin's D which is only giving up like 20-some odd percent on the road from 3-land. I think the best play in this game might be the under at 129.5. GL!

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

My early lean is Indiana pk for tonights game.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    My early lean is Indiana pk for tonights game.
    Hell yeah bro! I really think Indiana will win this game and snap Wisconsin's 17 game winning streak... They are having a white out tonight for the game! The crowd should be crazy and IU will feed off the fans to get the win tonight!

Let's cash this ticket!

bigboydan

After looking at this game a bit closer, I have a very slim lean towards Wisky in this game. This Badgers team appears to be on a mission this year.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    Hell yeah bro! I really think Indiana will win this game and snap Wisconsin's 17 game winning streak... They are having a white out tonight for the game! The crowd should be crazy and IU will feed off the fans to get the win tonight!

Let's cash this ticket!

Well, I just bet them for four units, good luck brother.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm glad someone was kind enough to accept my offer on Matchbook so I can get +109 with the Hoosiers.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Logical handicapping tells me Wisconsin, but the Big Ten home dominance scares me, so I will just pass and watch my KNICKS +150 wager instead!

Good Luck All

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits
    Logical handicapping tells me Wisconsin, but the Big Ten home dominance scares me, so I will just pass and watch my KNICKS +150 wager instead!

Good Luck All
    I'll pass as well. Don't feel good either way about this one

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1183

oops wrong thread.
    Last edited by gummo; 01-31-07 at 04:00 PM.

EaglesPhan36

Wisconsin +3? Wow, you guys have been hammering this line! Sorry, but I'm jumpin' on the Badgers with the points now.

Peyton2MarvinN06

OH MY GOD! HELL YEAH! IU WINS! IU WINS!

Props to everyone that followed me on the Hoosiers! Had a great feeling that they were gonna win this game! f\*\*k the AP who dropped IU out of the top 25 this week! This was a hell of a game gentlemen! Did anyone else get to watch it? It was on espn + so i was wonderin if anyone would get to see it... Oh man I'm pumped! IU beats #2 Wisconsin tonight, the Colts win the Super Bowl on Sunday! HELL YEAH!

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1183

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Good job, and congratulations for your favorite team pulling a big upset.

EaglesPhan36

Congrats to the IU backers. I was disappointed that the total went over! Where was the D in the 2nd half?!

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Good job, and congratulations for your favorite team pulling a big upset.
    Upset?

Nice call P2M.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

love the fans running on the court...hello, your team was favored in the game.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Upset?

Nice call P2M.
    Yes, a #25 beating a #2. Upset.

Not talking the spread here.

bigboydan

Looks like your early homework paid ofd on this one P2M.

Congrats

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Yes, a #25 beating a #2. Upset.

Not talking the spread here.
    Sorry, but a 2.5 point favorite winning isn't an upset in any world.

bigboydan

It is when that other team is ranked #2, and the media don't care about spreads at all. (RPI ranking would claim differently)

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Sorry, but a 2.5 point favorite winning isn't an upset in any world.
    It can be a upset in more way then one. Step out of the betting suit for a minute and take away the spread. Sometimes its good to look at things without thinking betting.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

rankings are arbitrary numbers that mean absolutely nothing....in this given situation Indiana is the better team and SHOULD win the game. It's not an upset by any stretch of the imagination. Fans are looking for excuses to run onto the court...

Razz

It's the University of Indiana. If it was Purdue, or Michigan, or Iowa, maybe this could be referred to as an upset. But not a school with this much history that has been playing so well. I can't believe anyone that knows anything about college basketball would make that mistake.

cadillacb
    cadillacb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you guys absolute morons?, if a team is supposed to win then, (note correct usage of then) It can not be an upset, doesnt matter if im wearing a betting suit, a bathing suit, or any other suit. onlooker you are an idiot

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacb
    Are you guys absolute morons?, if a team is supposed to win then, (note correct usage of then) It can not be an upset, doesnt matter if im wearing a betting suit, a bathing suit, or any other suit. onlooker you are an idiot
    Thanks for the kind words cadillac.

Looking at it from the rankings (polls and rpi), its a upset. Thats why you get a reaction like that from fans and someone that is not up to speed with the betting aspect of the game.

Thats just the way it is. I feel its a upset because "I" think Wisconsin is a better team then Indiana. By mid-march, Indiana could be out of the top 25.

cadillacb
    cadillacb's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess that means that people think the colts beating the bears would be an (note correct usage of an, as an precedes vowels, not a) upset because the bears have the better record? No, nobody thinks that everyone knows that the colts are the favorites. The world revolves around point spreads and they determine upsets, not moron fans or media. Should you decide you want a history lesson on the term "upset" make another dumb statement and one, or as you would say "Won" will be provided.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I guess that means that people think the colts beating the bears would be an (note correct usage of an, as an precedes vowels, not a) upset because the bears have the better record? No, nobody thinks that everyone knows that the colts are the favorites. The world revolves around point spreads and they determine upsets, not moron fans or media. Should you decide you want a history lesson on the term "upset" make another dumb statement and one, or as you would say "Won" will be provided.
    NFL is not a good comparison to college sports. College sports live off ratings and polls. If we like it or not.

Trust me I understand the spread, and yes, its not a upset in that aspect. But the better team did get beat, and that to me is a upset. The site where the game was played is why the team was favored by closing.

I hope you all made out big on this game, since you all knew Indiana was going to win this game.

What the hell, give me a history lesson. This should be good.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14361

Peyton2MarvinN06 thanks for posting.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Way to introduce yourself Cadillac....Onlooker is not an idiot by any stretch of the imagination. He is one of the best across the gaming forum scene. He knows what he is talking about....he is just a little confused here.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Thanks BuddyBear.

I've been confused more then once in my life. But it was still a upset.

Good luck today guys.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Easy-Easy here fellas... This is an upset if you are looking at the rankings... However, IU is always strong on the home floor... If these two teams played in Wisconsin, the Badgers would probably be favored by 5 or 6... IU is coming on strong and I believe will be a tough out in the NCAA tourney this year... I was glad to be able to see my favorite team win and also make money off of them... The Badgers will not be fazed by this loss at all... Actually, I think this loss helps them because they will come down to earth a little bit... I think they win the Big 10 title easily this year... They might suffer one more loss @ Ohio State, but other than that I can't see anyone else beating them... Congrats to everyone that was on IU and thanks for the kind words...

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    Easy-Easy here fellas... This is an upset if you are looking at the rankings... However, IU is always strong on the home floor... If these two teams played in Wisconsin, the Badgers would probably be favored by 5 or 6... IU is coming on strong and I believe will be a tough out in the NCAA tourney this year... I was glad to be able to see my favorite team win and also make money off of them... The Badgers will not be fazed by this loss at all... Actually, I think this loss helps them because they will come down to earth a little bit... I think they win the Big 10 title easily this year... They might suffer one more loss @ Ohio State, but other than that I can't see anyone else beating them... Congrats to everyone that was on IU and thanks for the kind words...

Haven't looked at the schedule, but if Wisky travels to East Lansing, I'm thinking MSU will beat them as well. That won't be an upset either.

12 Last