LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

ESPN Midnight Special - Portland U +13

Portland has surprisingly held its own in this head-to-head series going 6-2-1 ATS in the last nine meetings with the Zags, and this is a much weaker Gonzaga team than recent seasons this year.

The Bulldogs have already lost seven games, and all of those defeats have come away from home as they are just 5-7 SU either on the road or on neutral courts. Gonzaga lost its last game 80-75 at St. Mary’s last Monday, and its defense is allowing a horrific 83.5 points per game on the road. Yes the Bulldogs played a difficult non-conference schedule, but that is still too many points for a double-digit road favorite like this to be giving up.

The Pilots are 6-3 SU here at home overall including a perfect 2-0 inside the conference, and they blew out Loyola Marymount 81-65 the last time they played in this building. They shoot the ball much better at home that they do on the road, as their 67.4 points per game and 46.9 percent shooting at home are considerably better than their 58.7 points on 40.0 percent shooting overall. Throw in a frenzied home crowd and a national ESPN audience, and we look for the Pilots to give the Zags all that they can handle tonight.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This line seems to be all over the place right now. I see this line as low as 12.5 at thegreek and as high as 13.5 at Cris right now.

I like the Pilots in this game myself bud.

The Zags aren't as strong as they were in years past, and it's starting to show a bit too from some of the games I've watched on Fox sports NW. They just don't seem to have the ability to play up and down to there composition like years past

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I'm in on this as well. I've lost several wagers on Gonzaga this year before I finally figured out they're not that great. One thing of concern for Portland backers. Darren Cooper who averages 13.2 ppg is questionable with a knee injury.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cooper is definitely playing tonight, for what it's worth. Hopefully he'll be effective. Best of luck with Portland everyone!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Now that's a brilliant cover. Meaningless bucket with 2.8 secs left. 80-68 Gonzaga. Nice one!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Never in doubt!

LOL

I love this game. I guess this makes up for some of the UNDER losers I have had lately on meaningless late fouls.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

Good stuff LT! Thanks for posting. I think pags11 hit this as well.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

We'll take it won't we LT.

Congrats