Purdue +5½ at Michigan

Game Time: 1/20/2007 12:15:00 PM
By: Mike Rose
http://www.who2beton.com

Back the Boilermakers on the road as underdogs this afternoon when Purdue visits the Michigan Wolverines.

Hold the phone here! Am I wrong in thinking that Purdue just rolled up and smoked the Wolverines only a short week ago as 5-point home chalk? I could have sworn they cruised the entire game, and ended up winning by a comfy double-digit margin.

Hmmmm, let me look at my past tickets.

Yes, that's right, the Boilermakers took care of business only a short week ago against these same Wolverines yet find themselves installed as the same type of dogs on the road this time around. Ok, ok, I know Purdue hasn't been the greatest on the road this season with a 2-6 mark on on the road or on neutral courts. But they put forth a solid effort their last time out at Wisconsin and covered easily as double-digit pups.

I believe they'll carry the confidence over from that game, and they certainly know they can handle these Wolverines with ease if they get right back to doing what they did only a short week ago. Michigan certainly is a completely different animal in Ann Arbor, but these teams are so even in terms of talent that you just have to grab the points in this spot.

This contest will be much more competitive than the first time around, and I feel it won't be determined until the final minutes of play. Best to have a few buckets in your pocket. Grab the points with Matt Painter's Boilers as they look to sweep the season series.

Play: Purdue +5½