SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Al McMordie: Play La Salle +4 vs Penn

Play La Salle +4 vs Penn

Game Time: 1/18/2007 7:00:00 PM
    By: Al McMordie
    http://www.10starpicks.com

An intra-Philly game is on the menu, with the La Salle Explorers the right play versus the Penn Quakers.

Our college basketball selection is on the La Salle Explorers, as underdogs of +2 to +6 points are a 67% play in Big Five Tourney games since 1990.

The Big Five Tourney is a Philadelphia City round robin that involves Penn, La Salle, Temple, St Joes, and Villanova. The Explorers (8-9, 1-3 in A-10) have won two of their last three and are led by junior guard Darnell Harris' 14.2 points. Rodney Green (Fr, 6-5) is second on the La Salle squad in scoring (14.0) and rebounding (5.2).

Penn (9-6, 2-0 in Ivy League) comes into this one with three straight road wins, though this is not a road game in the truest sense. The Quakers are led by Mark Zoller (Sr, 6-7) who tops the team with 18.5 points and 8.0 rebounds.

Play: La Salle +4

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Explorers on the ML in this game.

Penn is not the Penn team of years pass under the coaching Fran Dunphy.

ivyconniver
    ivyconniver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

You're right, they're more aggressive, play a much stronger pressure D, and run the floor quicker under Miller who's still fighting tooth and nail to prove himself to the wary red and blue alumni.

I'm on the other side of this one.

But I do like your thinking. In most ncaab games, if I like a dog of 4 or less, I'd hit the ML instaid of the spread. Rarely hit a dog of 4 or less ATS when they lose the game due to fouling late.
    Last edited by ivyconniver; 01-18-07 at 12:04 PM.