Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14461

LIU-Brooklyn Blackbirds Lose in Triple OT . . .

my favourite college team LIU-Brooklyn Blackbirds lost last night to Mount St. Mary's 78-76 in triple overtime . . . no action on the play, just feel sorry for 'em enough to post . . .

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

They had a really good team a few years back if I remember correctly. If I'm not mistaken the brother was the coach, and the other brother was a very highly recruited player. Do you remember who the brother duo was Checkerboard, because I can't remember for shit right now.

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    They had a really good team a few years back if I remember correctly. If I'm not mistaken the brother was the coach, and the other brother was a very highly recruited player. Do you remember who the brother duo was Checkerboard, because I can't remember for shit right now.
    The Blackbirds had a very good year in 04-05, but the injury bug bit in 05-06 . . . I don't know if Ferry's bro was on team, he's a very enthusatic recruiter to say the least, so I think he'd suit up his grandmother if she was tall enough . . . you might be going back into the '90s with that . . . but the mind, as I understand it is full of little compartments holding all sorts of info, so if you don't think of it, I'm sure the surname of the sibling duo will pop into your head when you least expect it . . . and then, if you can remember to come back here and post it, that'd be great, LOL . . .

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was in the 90's when they both were there, however I can't remember the names. They would play that up-tempo type game and score like a 100-110 points a game.

Checkerboard

Jeez, I should know, that's just about when I was down there and began developing an interest in them . . . maybe it'll come to me.