McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Michigan players going pro?

Michigan with a lot of young players and the draft coming up, who's likely to stay.

Tim Hardaway Jr (junior)
    Trey Burke (sophomore)
    Glen Robinson III (freshman)
    Mitch McGary (freshman)

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthyFam View Post
    Michigan with a lot of young players and the draft coming up, who's likely to stay.

Tim Hardaway Jr (junior)
    Trey Burke (sophomore)
    Glen Robinson III (freshman)
    Mitch McGary (freshman)
    Burke goes to NBA (lottery pick) - stock high just won National Championship .. his stock can only be hurt if he returns imo

Hardaway will stay - doesn't need the money, so he will stay for his senior year... get a degree to make moms happy and work on raising his stock in next years draft.

Robinson III will stay - also doesn't need the money, he would get drafted 1st round, but really isn't ready for the NBA at all. Should be easy for him to stay and develop with Hardaway returning as well.

McGary - should go to the draft before he gets exposed more.. people were really high on him but in reality he has no chance at a starting job in the NBA ever, maybe a role player at best so he might want to grab the money now.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Burke leaves, But the others are tossups. Possible group decision with those 3 maybe?

Ill say they all go pro except Hardaway

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Burke leaves, But the others are tossups. Possible group decision with those 3 maybe?

Ill say they all go pro except Hardaway
    They should stay, no where even close to NBA talent. Of all the mocks out there, I see GR3 and THJ first and second round, seen McGary on a few as well.

Chad Ford's redic mock has Burke 6, McGary 12 GR3 18. I just don't see it. Don't believe any will have NBA success.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Burke obviously leaves, the others I don't know. I think McGary will be a pro at some point. Hardaway and Robinson are kinda iffy to me.

Wilfred

Agreed Deuce. However, GR3 is a 1st rounder in a lot I've seen, and McGary's stock is as high as it gets I think. He'll be 21 at draft time as well. Have to take how weak this draft class is into consideration.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Trey isn't ready for the nba. It's a shame because Michigan would be really fun to watch next year.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    Trey isn't ready for the nba. It's a shame because Michigan would be really fun to watch next year.
    I disagree. I don't think there's anymore for him to do at the college level.

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    His stock is as high as it'll get. The only thing he could really work on is... Height?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Very possible they come back, save burke.

McGary is a kid who has no problem staying in school, regardless. (Obviously a top 5 pick would move him)

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

No talent here

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Very possible they come back, save burke.

McGary is a kid who has no problem staying in school, regardless. (Obviously a top 5 pick would move him)
    McGary will be 21 by the draft he is not staying in school too long probably gone, all of them could leave Robinson the most likely to stay

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

It'd be awesome to see them all come back and win one for Beilein. But I just feel like that's not going to happen.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Burke is gone. It's not even a question. The others are all negotiable and I'm sure they want to get a feel for where they might be drafted.

I see a mock today that has obinson going #10. If that's anywhere close to true, then he will come out too. Personally I don't quite see it, but who knows.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

all 4 are going, if Burke leaves.

Burke is a lock for top 5
    Robinson is Lottery/mid first

So they both leave, Hardaway leaves cuz they do and McGary is mid/late first and his production/peak cant get any better with everyone leaving.

I hope Russ Smith doesnt leave, horrible decision and I think his dad is pressuring him.

I would love to see Gorgui stay as well but he's already 23 and projected late first.

Hopefully Chane stays as well, never know with these kids...

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Burke obviously leaves, the others I don't know. I think McGary will be a pro at some point. Hardaway and Robinson are kinda iffy to me.
    I dont think Hardaway will have a problem making the Miami heat as a 12th man, Since his father is a scout for them........

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Footballtime View Post
    I dont think Hardaway will have a problem making the Miami heat as a 12th man, Since his father is a scout for them........
    Yeah, I'm sure he'll get a sniff, but I don't think he'll do much in the NBA, despite his name.