No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Michigan proving how much of a down year this is for college hoops

This team barely played .500 ball down the stretch of the season, had an epic collapse on their home court with a Big Ten title on the line, got owned by Wisconsin in the Big Ten Tournament, did everything in their power to blow the game tonight at the free throw line (just like they did at home vs. Indiana and MSU this year), and basically has nothing underneath other than an emerging true freshman that can't make a foul shot to save his life.

I love college basketball and all and I respect what Michigan was able to do to VCU and Kansas in the tournament, but damn. I'm a Big Ten guy and I can't believe this team is playing for the national championship.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

michigan beat VCU, KANSAS, FLORIDA and now the mighty zone and CUSE and because they played in the toughest conference and struggled down the stretch of the reg season its a down year?

they have peaked at the right time

you are such a debbie downer with all your loser mentality threads
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CBASS, and skibrat

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3277

And the Baltimore Ravens shit the bed last part of the regular season and tied Denver in the playoffs on a hail Mary. Then they won the Super Bowl. Guess by the OP's Calculations NFL had a down year too.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

coiner just getting slaughtered

scottgodson1985
    Update your status
    scottgodson1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11154

totally agree with easy rider

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2587

Nobody had them in the Final 4 much less title game.
    glad they knocked out Kansas in my bracket.
    Luck(?) runs out tomorrow, like LOU - 4

EZ

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    michigan beat VCU, KANSAS, FLORIDA and now the mighty zone and CUSE and because they played in the toughest conference and struggled down the stretch of the reg season its a down year?

they have peaked at the right time

you are such a debbie downer with all your loser mentality threads
    If you watch these games and think college basketball -- or Michigan in particular -- is up to its recent standards in terms of quality, I really don't know how to respond to that.

The Wolverines have a good team, don't get me wrong, and they got hot at the right time. But relatively speaking, this squad would not be able to make a run like this during most college basketball seasons.

We heard all year long from the experts that the quality of college basketball wasn't up to its typical expectations, and there were no elite teams or dominant players. I think the tournament has stayed true to form and proven exactly what the regular season taught us -- that this is a down year for college hoops.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

weren't they the last undefeated team? at like 19-0 Michigan has been the best offensive team in the country all year and when it is on the line everyone plays hard on defense not a big surprise here

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    This team barely played .500 ball down the stretch of the season, had an epic collapse on their home court with a Big Ten title on the line, got owned by Wisconsin in the Big Ten Tournament, did everything in their power to blow the game tonight at the free throw line (just like they did at home vs. Indiana and MSU this year), and basically has nothing underneath other than an emerging true freshman that can't make a foul shot to save his life.

I love college basketball and all and I respect what Michigan was able to do to VCU and Kansas in the tournament, but damn. I'm a Big Ten guy and I can't believe this team is playing for the national championship.

yeah, they were really bad ats winning lots of close games...perhaps it made them battle tested

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    yeah, they were really bad ats winning lots of close games...perhaps it made them battle tested
    I'm still not convinced Burke is a closer. I know he had a great game late vs. Kansas and I give him credit for that, but he's gagged in every other clutch situation this year. Did you see him throw the ball away vs. Syracuse on the play where Hardaway saved his ass.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm still not convinced Burke is a closer. I know he had a great game late vs. Kansas and I give him credit for that, but he's gagged in every other clutch situation this year. Did you see him throw the ball away vs. Syracuse on the play where Hardaway saved his ass.
    lol. ohio st game much?

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1696

Michigan is legit.
    so they had a bad few games.
    remember how everyone was saying how bad louisville was 2 months ago?
    geez.....