SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dave Cokin: Eagles +8½ at Jayhawks

Eagles +8½ at Jayhawks

Game Time: 12/23/2006 2:00:00 PM
    By: Dave Cokin
    Football picks NFL Picks sports gambling Baseball picks college football picks basketball picks odds

Phog Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence is the site for this ACC-Big 12 matchup. Take the Boston College Eagles as underdogs against the Kansas Jayhawks.

The Eagles seem to all be on the same page now after some shaky early outings.

Boston College (7-2) is a very talented team that is a cinch to be in the Big Dance again this season, and has the look of a team that can certainly command a Sweet 16 position. After opening 1-2 on the season, the Eagles have won six straight, including a 1-0 start in ACC play with a 73-62 win over Maryland about two weeks ago.

BC is led on the offensive end by Jared Dudley (Sr, 6-7) with a 19.3 scoring average. Dudley also leads the team with 9.1 rebounds per game and is second with 3.8 assists.

Kansas (9-2) is ranked 11th in the AP poll and 12th in the ESPN/USA Today. They topped the defending champs and then-#1 Florida 82-80 in the Las Vegas Invitational over the Thanksgiving weekend, and come into this contest having won three straight.

No question Kansas is very good and they're tough at home. But I can't resist taking this many points with a very tough and gritty visitor. BC plus the points is my choice.

Play: Boston College +8½

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

::rips up BC +9 ticket::

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too like Al Skinners team in this spot plus those points.