imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

imgv NCAA Hoops for Thursday (YTD: 18-18 +0.03 Units)

YTD: 18-18 +0.03 Units

Put a lot of work into the card tonight defintely more than I usually do, hopefully this hard work comes through..

Been a very average season so far for me so let's hope today gives me some breathing room.

As always would love feedback on these..

1*Tulsa +6.5
    This is a big time rivalry here and I just don't see Oklahoma being a powerhouse this year. Has close game written all over it.

1* Va Tech -3
    Seton Hall seems overrated. Average power rating of opponents played: VIRGINIA TECH 71.8, SETON HALL 64.4... V-Tech is the better defense. Can see Seton Hall struggling to score in here..

1* Coll of Charleston -1 -101
    Average power rating of opponents played: COLL OF CHARLESTON 74.5, W CAROLINA 63.4 that right there alone makes this play.

These stats as well

COLL OF CHARLESTON is 4-1 against the spread versus W CAROLINA since 1997
    COLL OF CHARLESTON is 8-1 straight up against W CAROLINA since 1997

1*ARKANSAS STATE -6.5
    Had this line at 10.5 so only giving -6.5 is a score to me.. I've actually followed Denver some this season and all I can say is this team is horrible. They have nothing going for them at all. 48% DEF FG% ouch.

Denver always loses by DD. Arkansas State already beat them 15 six days a go and I don't believe Home court is worth 8.5pts here. Arkansas St will have to turnover the ball a lot and make mistakes in order for Denver to cover.

1* GONZAGA +3 -108
    Duke is an overrated 10-1 team and should outright lose this game. Their not at home and that will make a HUGE difference. GO GONZAGA!!!

1* NC CHARLOTTE +7 -109
    I had this line at +3.5 so getting seven looks like a gift to me..
    Average power rating of opponents played: CHARLOTTE 73.1, HOUSTON 67.6

CHARLOTTE is 6-3 against the spread versus HOUSTON since 1997
    CHARLOTTE is 8-1 straight up against HOUSTON since 1997

Has close game written all over it.. Love that it will take three possessions to defeat them. Houston has been blown out twice in a row as well..

1* OHIO +3.5
    Expecting a close game here so taking a stab with Ohio. Had the line at Ohio -1 so I have to take them at +3.5

Alright there you have it, seven games on the docket today.. 4 dogs and 3 favs usually do well when I have a balanced card.. Would love a 5-2..

Again any feedback is appreciated thanks!!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL imgv...

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Looking at the Zags tonight, I just don't trust them enough to pull the trigger after watching them against Georgia. This game is at MSG though, where the Zags beat UNC.
    Last edited by MickChunky; 12-21-06 at 08:20 AM.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vandy-App State (Over 142)
    Both teams' lowest point total in San Juan is 75. I think this total got deflated a little due to Vandy's game with Tennessee Tech which had a huge total set at 158.

Oklahoma State -2
    Cowboys almost beat a good Tennessee team in what amounted to a road game @ Nashville. Playing at Oklahoma City here, they should have an advantage against a Pitt team that had been begging to get beat on the road and did badly at Wisconsin. Until Pitt proves they can play solid ball on the road, I'll take a good team giving just a bucket any day.

Not gonna touch that OU-Tulsa game. Tulsa has only played one road game and lost to North Texas. OU is up & Down so far. I like your Gonzaga pick. I think the over might be a decent play there too.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 12-21-06 at 10:08 AM.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's my feedback:

Tulsa is a very good play. They have already played two teams as good as or better than OU, going 1-1, with the loss by two points. The mid-major getting points from the BCS team is the way to go in these neutral court rivalry games.

I played Seton Hall. I honestly think they are every bit VT's equal. VT is incredibly disappointing, a lot of people expected them to be a surprise this season, and I don't think they are good enough to win what will turn into a road game (Seton Hall is pretty close to MSG) I think VT is a terrible play at -5, but at least you got a good line.

I think Denver might win that game outright. The line is certainly inflated because of the game the other day, and Arkansas State has no business being that kind of a road favorite.

Love Gonzaga. Perfect spot for them off the loss to a Georgia team that most people don't realize is better than Duke. The way to beat the Zags is with incredible athleticism, and Duke just doesn't have it.

I'd lean to Houston - good situational play, but the line seems a bit high - and Ohio. No real opinion on the other. Good luck today bud.

Also think Eaglesfan has two good plays. I really, really took a long hard look at OSU, and I agree that the TT game should be a shootout. Best of luck with those as well.

EaglesPhan36

Shoot I didn't realize the Tulsa game is in Tulsa. Thought it was a road game for some reason. Now that I see that, I do think Tulsa is a decent play at +6.5.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36
    Shoot I didn't realize the Tulsa game is in Tulsa. Thought it was a road game for some reason. Now that I see that, I do think Tulsa is a decent play at +6.5.
    It's not, it's in Oklahoma City.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonzaga sits in a very good spot here as Razz mentioned above bro. However, I feel the under in that game might be the better way to go in this one.

I do like Davidson -3, but passed on that game though.

I do like Tulsa +6.5, but it's not a game I was really considering playing though.

Good luck bud

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    It's not, it's in Oklahoma City.
    Yeah I was originally correct, but then I was looking at Yahoo Sports before the tip and they had the location listed as Tulsa, OK.

I steered clear of this one and decided to just play the Vandy-App State over which helped me recover the cash I lost earlier.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

pioneers & indians matchup postponed, just like last night's nuggets game . . .

imgv94

Tulsa blew it.. But VT did what I thought they would..

I'm telling you guys Seton Hall is a fraud..

imgv94

TODAY: 2-4 -2.37 Units

YTD: 20-22 -2.34 Units

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

we got hosed in the Gonzaga game and Tulsa did blow it...