TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Kansas -2

Called Ohio State last night. And I'm taking Kansas -2.

Michigan got hot early in the year. Blowing out opponents. People getting all excited. Ever since that hot streak... haven't seen the defense you need to be a champion and win championship games. If you love Michigan... you expect to blow out Kansas in a shootout? Just ain't going to happen. Everyone talks about Michigan's guard play... Hardaway, Burke... Michigan is still an all around YOUNG TEAM. I just don't see them playing enough defense to win.

Kansas 2H performance against N.C. was amazing. Looked like a night and day team. The half time coaching was enough for me to know... these guys are playing to win like the Ying Yang Twins... ya know? You wanna race up and down the court? Kansas can hang with Michigan. You wanna play some post up??? Kansas has the advantage... you need a blocked shot in your face??? Kansas can deliver.

This is going to be a system play for me tonight. If you remember my last post about Michigan.... and Michigan State I said... you aren't going to beat these guys at the Palace. Well.... different philosophy this time... you're not at the Palace.... and you're playing great teams in Kansas and Duke. Take Kansas -2 if that doesn't win... you're taking Duke -2. Both Michigan teams won't win today.... and where's the dude with the LOCK THREAD??? I guarantee it!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aggieshawn

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

One of them will though minimum.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Honestly...if forced to pick id go Kansas as well

TheMoneyShot

Didn't notice the line change at 5D now Kansas -1.5 ugh.... hate movement.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

The public is 50 50 on kansas vs Michigan

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Didn't notice the line change at 5D now Kansas -1.5 ugh.... hate movement.
    If you really like Kansas though, wouldn't you be slightly excited about this line movement and put some more down on the -1.5? Getting them at a better deal.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

It means heavy hitters may be on Michigan

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Gotta disagree here...I actually like both Michigan teams again

Michigan because they're better and Trey Burke is a mismatch......Michigan State will out-physical Duke

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Michigan is too quick and athletic, watch for the swarming double teams to frustrate Withey. The timing of the 3 quarter court 1-3-1 will bother Kansas as well. I think relaford will have a big game though.

Don't put much into the 2nd half against UNC, I mean it's UNC.

its Michigan or nothing, good luck betting against Trey Burke in a spotlight game like this.

Ben McLemore will disappear as usual.

Ferndog68
    Ferndog68's Avatar Become A Pro!

why even worry about those hard games when loui is the best play. vegas loves it, im sure they are getting more action on duke and kansas games

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

i like it

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
    If you really like Kansas though, wouldn't you be slightly excited about this line movement and put some more down on the -1.5? Getting them at a better deal.
    I really like Kansas... had them -2 with already another g on them.

Ironman07
    Ironman07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7984

Michigan is a very very soft team much like most AAU teams.... A few individuals always trying to look good and get their highlights. Kansas is without a doubt the best defensive team in the country. Different players are always stepping up to help them win games...Whitney is the ultimate X factor in the paint. Releford will shut down whoever he guards... when the game gets physical and it will Michigan will crumble like a cookie. Kansas is always a bit rough at the start of games but Self makes proper adjustments and they come out on fire in the 2nd half. Its was no fluke KU made it to the finals last year as Self has been the best coach in college over the last 10 years overall..

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Kansas is NOT the best defensive team in the country

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman07 View Post
    Michigan is a very very soft team much like most AAU teams.... A few individuals always trying to look good and get their highlights. Kansas is without a doubt the best defensive team in the country. Different players are always stepping up to help them win games...Whitney is the ultimate X factor in the paint. Releford will shut down whoever he guards... when the game gets physical and it will Michigan will crumble like a cookie. Kansas is always a bit rough at the start of games but Self makes proper adjustments and they come out on fire in the 2nd half. Its was no fluke KU made it to the finals last year as Self has been the best coach in college over the last 10 years overall..
    Self isn't the best coach in the last 10 years .. Florida and Louisville both hve a better defense .. And when cuse is locked in their zone is unbeatable .. Kansas does have a good defense but the best? Idkk about that one

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Anyone who says

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    these guys are playing to win like the Ying Yang Twins... ya know?
    Can't be trusted. Guess I'm gonna have to roll with Michigan.

andyrocha90
    andyrocha90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

UNC would have blowed out Kansas, if UNC wasnt so stupid, we all saw them take the lead twice and throw it away after shooting bricks after bricks. Wasnt Kansas defense, just UNCs lack of control and experience.

Michigan +1.5 for me

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman07 View Post
    Lol @ Kansas having a better defense than Louisville.

ch3ss
    i make it rain....
    ch3ss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Lol @ Kansas having a better defense than Louisville.
    Agreed they dont... Lville gets after you....

Regardless... I take KU over Michigan tonight...

goblue24
    goblue24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5912

Michigan is too quick and athletic, watch for the swarming double teams to frustrate Withey. The timing of the 3 quarter court 1-3-1 will bother Kansas as well. I think relaford will have a big game though.

Don't put much into the 2nd half against UNC, I mean it's UNC.

its Michigan or nothing, good luck betting against Trey Burke in a spotlight game like this.

Ben McLemore will disappear as usual.
    They don't play a 1-3-1 defense

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by goblue24 View Post
    They don't play a 1-3-1 defense
    Ok guy, watch for it tonight.

Johnny B pulls it out from time to time.

goblue24
    goblue24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5912

Ok guy, watch for it tonight.

Johnny B pulls it out from time to time.
    I've watched every game of theirs and they have pulled it out for maybe 60 seconds all year long. While Belien could decide to pull it out for a short period of time tonight, it would be for just a couple of possessions and certainly not worth including in your handicapping of this game.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Louisville defense > Kansas .. Anyone that says other wise doesn't know the game

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

just pulled the trigger on Kansas...-2 -108.....let the streak continue....WHEN IN DOUBT LV COVERS LOL

ChiHawk86
    ChiHawk86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

He pulled a 1-3-1 last game when KU was up DD and managed to tie the game. Eventually lost in OT but wouldn't be surprised to see it here today.

Jackie Moon
    Jackie Moon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate to say it, but this Michigan team scares me. I wouldn't bet on KU but I really hope they win! Should be a good one.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

MU is just hit or miss when I've seen them. I'd be much more worried about KU if I bet Mich then vice versa

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    I hate to say it, but this Michigan team scares me. I wouldn't bet on KU but I really hope they win! Should be a good one.
    Interesting to hear a Kansas fan say that. I love Michigan but Kansas scares me. I think we might surprise some people tonight but could also see Kansas by DD. Can't wait to match.

Single most imp player for Michigan tonight.. McGary

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

some very intelligent posts in this thread, the guard play of michigan can be either off or on tonight. that being said withey wil dominate in the paint and get kansas free pts that way because clearly mcgary is outmatched. i am on kansas -1 . but if michigan's guards start nailing jumpers its going to be a tough game for kansas. they have the better defense then michigan. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE NCAA. i will tell you right now im nervous about my bet because michigan can hang with the best of them. just gotta hope michigan shoots like miami did yesterday. then it will be an easy victory for kansas.

312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Michigan will win this game if Mitch McGary can play the high post and make Withey stay high with him... this will neutralize Withey blocking everything around the rim, Michigan will then be able to attack from sideline to sideline.. this would give Kansas problems due to Michigan having multiple ways to score on the floor.

Kansas wins if they can score in transition, if Michigan isnt grabbing long offensive rebounds due to the long shots.. Kansas will able to exploit the fact they have Elijah Johnson who can run wild if given the opportunity.. Ben McLemore has been struggling throughout the tournament if he can turn it around tonight... it will be a long night for michigan due to the fact if McLemore starts scoring Bill Self can run his typical gameplan which would be jamming the defense on one side of the floor and quickly getting it to the other side this will make the 1-3-1 have to rotate and that causes easy baskets in the gaps..

at this point in the tournament, every team is talented and capable of beating each other on any given night.. it all comes down to matchups and who has the best execution of gameplan..

my prediction is Kansas gets the win.. it will be close though.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by goblue24 View Post
    I've watched every game of theirs and they have pulled it out for maybe 60 seconds all year long. While Belien could decide to pull it out for a short period of time tonight, it would be for just a couple of possessions and certainly not worth including in your handicapping of this game.
    I don't doubt that you know Michigan basketball better than me. But I know how coach B likes to use that defense in games like these. He saves it and not to argue but I have seen the 1-3-1 @ times this year. When he was WVU he used it in big games and it could be really effective against Kansas. But remember I'm talking about the 3/4 quarter court 1-3-1, after the half court possession is set they will likely fall into their man defense so it will be easier to double Withey inside. It could help in tiring the jay hawks and make it harder for Withey to get deep post position underneath.

also it could force some quick 3's from McLemore , which is the recipe to beat KU. I'm posting from iPhone at bar, or I would write more.

thats how I'd gameplan this matchup and they pay him millions so lets assume he will too.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

I think Mich has a better chance than Mich State. Kansas is usually gag-city at this point in the tourny.

Poison-Nut
    Poison-Nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I think they both lose. UM and MSU. (For you people who don't know it's UM not MU and if you don't know you shouldn't be betting on the game in the 1st place). Sorry about that, but all season long all we kept hearing was how the Big 10 was the best conference, how strong they were, yada, yada, yada. When Indiana shits the bed against Cuse. They are the most over-rated team I can think of right now. All that talent and nothing, didn't even win the Tourney. Then you got UM that is streaky and see them losing to Kansas. Plus Duke/MSU game to me is a coin flip. But it is possible that there will be only 1 Big 10 school in the elite 8, and that's my Buckeyes.

Ironman07
    Ironman07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7984

Definate big East coast bias here no problem... does Louisville have a whitney to defend the paint to allow their guards to gamble? No.. whats Ku Fg %? allowed probably the most important stat to look at. If anyone thinks a bunch of AAU flunkies make a team think again. Mich can't and wont play the physical style of defense that Ku can... they are SOFT. Ku has been winning without their A game... if McLemore even tries this will not be close. Doenst matter the game plan of Michigan if they cant execute.....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Poison-Nut View Post
    I think they both lose. UM and MSU. (For you people who don't know it's UM not MU and if you don't know you shouldn't be betting on the game in the 1st place). Sorry about that, but all season long all we kept hearing was how the Big 10 was the best conference, how strong they were, yada, yada, yada. When Indiana shits the bed against Cuse. They are the most over-rated team I can think of right now. All that talent and nothing, didn't even win the Tourney. Then you got UM that is streaky and see them losing to Kansas. Plus Duke/MSU game to me is a coin flip. But it is possible that there will be only 1 Big 10 school in the elite 8, and that's my Buckeyes.
    Youre a good poster so don't take this personal.

Indiana didn't shit the bet , Syracuse methodically took them apart.

Ohio St fan picking against Michigan, lol.

123 Last