neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

Sweet 16 [Round 1] Plays

Arizona +3.5 [3x]

Ohio St in all its losses have been out-rebounded and this Arizona team is 61st in the nation in Offensive rebound and 13th in defensive rebound because they are very athletic and 14th tallest team in the nation.

Eliminating the great equalizer [3pt], Ohio in 77th in the nation in making 3pt while Arizona is 249th in defending it however in terms of points per game distribution, Ohio is less reliant on 3pt, 211th in the nation because they don’t have many key consistent scorers.

Instead they are heavily reliant on the 2pt scoring [54.6% of their scoring comes from 2pt] however Arizona is ranked 40th in denying scoring from 2pt.

When OSU met Kanasas this season [a team with length], OSU lost by 8 at home and Kansas is even shorter than this Arizona squad. Ohio St is a slower tempo team and Arizona have had success against Florida, Miami on neutral court, Clemson, UTEP and S.Miss so slow tempo shouldn’t throw them out of their comfort zone.

Added bonus is that Arizona is an excellent FT shooting team and also this contest is being played closer to Arizona’s home so little home field advantage here as well, overall key here is that OSU will have trouble shooting over Arizona’s length here.

WSU -4 [2x]

Apart from another FT gift from Wichita, the disadvantage of the rebounds is going to be a huge problem for LaSalle, you can't keep giving good teams that kind of advantage. In the local team report, Carl Hall said he isn't happy with his recent work on the board so look for more pain on short LaSalle team.

Also because of Wichita’s work from 3pt land last game, people now think they are a team that relies, nope 51% of their scoring comes from 2pt range something LaSalle is abysmal at defending, Wichita can feed it inside and will feed it inside.
    Last edited by neutral; 03-28-13 at 05:40 PM.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

go AZ

Poison-Nut
    Poison-Nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Good Luck Neutral. The only thing is I took LaSalle in that one and never bet on my Buckeyes.

Good right up though. Also wanted to point out that OSU likes to play in transition BB. Beginning of the season they couldn't play in half court, because they sucked at it. So they wanted to speed up the game. Now their half court has been very good so sometimes then can slow it down. But they are no Wisky type tempo. 2nd Zona didn't have success against Florida, they should have lost that game by 8pts or more. Florida lost that game, Zona didn't win it. Florida out played them and only choked and was out coached at the end.

I do say on Zona side, Sean Miller is the protege of Thad Matta. He was his assistant for years. There is probably that "I want to beat my former boss's a$$" type feeling.

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

Good write up.

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Poison-Nut View Post
    Good Luck Neutral. The only thing is I took LaSalle in that one and never bet on my Buckeyes.

Good right up though. Also wanted to point out that OSU likes to play in transition BB. Beginning of the season they couldn't play in half court, because they sucked at it. So they wanted to speed up the game. Now their half court has been very good so sometimes then can slow it down. But they are no Wisky type tempo. 2nd Zona didn't have success against Florida, they should have lost that game by 8pts or more. Florida lost that game, Zona didn't win it. Florida out played them and only choked and was out coached at the end.

I do say on Zona side, Sean Miller is the protege of Thad Matta. He was his assistant for years. There is probably that "I want to beat my former boss's a$$" type feeling.
    I see your point on the Florida game but considering what Florida was doing to everyone at the time, it was still impressive for Arizona to hang tough with them.

Thanks for adding your insight on OSU.
    Last edited by neutral; 03-28-13 at 05:45 PM.

neutral
    Update your status

Arizona & Wichita gets it done [2-0 for the day].

Poison-Nut
    Poison-Nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by neutral View Post
    Arizona & Wichita gets it done [2-0 for the day].
    Nice day Neutral, ready for your picks for tomorrow. Oh by the way we both won today, you cashed in on Zona, but my Buckeyes won.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Nicely done, sir

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Poison-Nut View Post
    Nice day Neutral, ready for your picks for tomorrow. Oh by the way we both won today, you cashed in on Zona, but my Buckeyes won.
    Win win heh!

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    Nicely done, sir
    Thanks CBass, you too have cashing the tickets during the dance period.