Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

Did you get "burned" on CALs back-door cover [vs Syracuse]? This might be why...

Syracuse's Carter-Williams' home destroyed by fire
    By Associated Press
    HAMILTON — The Massachusetts home of Syracuse star guard Michael Carter-Williams has been destroyed by a fire.

According to Boston television station WCVB, the blaze began around 10:30 p.m. Saturday at the Hamilton home of Mandy Carter-Zegarowski, the mother of Carter-Williams.

When firefighters arrived at the home about 30 miles north of Boston, there was heavy fire in the attic and around the chimney. Firefighters had to be evacuated twice because of the intense heat before the flames were brought under control by 12:50 a.m., the station said.

Family members were in the home watching the Syracuse-California game in the NCAA tournament when the blaze erupted, but there were no injuries.

Carter-Williams wasn't told about the fire until after the game in San Jose, Calif.

Carter-Williams noticed his mother in the stands looking distraught while the California game was going on. He tried to ask her what was wrong, but she wouldn't tell him until afterward. He scored 12 points in the Orange's 66-60 win over Cal.

Syracuse, seeded fourth in the East, swings back into action Thursday against No. 1 Indiana at Washington D.C.'s Verizon Center.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Anyone in the know knew about that fire days in advance.

I though you were sharp joe.
    Points Awarded:

pattymayo gave boeing power 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

slightly above average chimney fire didn't destroy the house, although some insurance company will have to cough up 20k to repair it. filthy rich family can sustain this blip in their lives. certainly people with hyphens in their last names would regard this as a non-event. how this relates to a back door cover mystifies me.

Joe Sharp

The kids mother is sitting in the stands balling her eyes out... he's trying to find out why. She won't tell him until the game is over. Meanwhile he turns the ball over and Cal covers.

What's so mystifying?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

He's used to turning the ball over.

I don't think he needs a reason.

Joe Sharp

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    He's used to turning the ball over.

I don't think he needs a reason.

My buddy (who went to Cuse) just sent a text that said the SAME thing!

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

sorry joe, i didn't know he turned the ball over resulting in the back door cover. doubt if anyone in that house ever stepped foot in the section that burned anyway. who buys or builds a house with more rooms than they need. only the rich with hyphenated names.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Or it could be that Syracuse can't hit a free throw to save their life. Must have missed at least 8-10 coming down the stretch.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

I cashed it

wilson34
    wilson34's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jayvegas mushed it. I took Cal ML 2nd half and hit because of this.