frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Refs in NCAA tourney always favor team wearing white, get used to it

Charles Barkley and others complaining about how Iowa State got robbed by the refs, as well as all the ESPN/CBS talking heads on twitter doing the same right now, why are they surprised, I watch almost every game of the tourney every year and this is nothing new. Anyone who watches the tourney each year knows that the refs always call games in favor of the better seed, because the NCAA has interest in the better seed moving on. Who will put more asses in the seats at the Staples Center, Iowa State or Ohio State? The NBA style officiating to get Gonzaga ahead last night against Wichita State where any minor touch foul was called on Wichita State, who will put more asses in the seats of the Staples Center, Gonzaga or Wichita State.

NBA style officiating is a part of the NCAA tournament and its something people need to get used to. And Iowa State/Ohio State wasn't even the worst officiated game I have seen in the tourney this year, not sure if it even cracks the top 5. Southern-Gonzaga, Iona-Ohio State, Florida Gulf Coast/Georgetown(the refs pulled a good job getting the Hoyas back in it), Kansas-Western Kentucky were all worse.

And if you really want to see NBA style officiating in an NCAA tournament game, just watch replays of UNC Asheville-Syracuse from last year, or Villanova-Robert Morris in 2010. Those two games the refs actually carried teams across the finish line. Iowa State/Ohio State today was nothing compared to those two games.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: face

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Wait till you see the Ole Miss game.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Way too many charging calls. I've never seen so many charging calls. Its insane

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Refs practice their charge poses in the mirror. Like they're auditioning for a Disney movie.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink, and tto827

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Yea I'd hate to be Temple right about now

wilson34
    wilson34's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atrocious call. They should of at least counted the basket. A no call would of been better. At least they covered , but if I was an ISU fan I would be livid. I can't watch NBA because of the refs, hope they don't ruin Ncaa bball too.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

not in the last 2 mintues of the nc state game

joco
    joco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8045

sounds racist to me

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They favored Gonzaga last night. You maybe on to something.