TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Memphis is TRASH

Does anybody do less with more than that penetrating idiot Pastner? Jesus christ, I bet these kids have regressed since high school

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Not sure what anyone saw to want to bet on them.

cherub
    cherub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Not sure what anyone saw to want to bet on them.
    They played MSU which is enough to gamble on anything moving. Take away the home court advantage next week and MSU will lose by 20 or more.

Giving home court advantage to both teams just because the state of michigan is close to 50% unemployment and zero future outlook.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where was this thread before the game started?

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    They played MSU which is enough to gamble on anything moving. Take away the home court advantage next week and MSU will lose by 20 or more.

Giving home court advantage to both teams just because the state of michigan is close to 50% unemployment and zero future outlook.
    So they are going to lose to Duke by 20? Keep betting against them.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Where was this thread before the game started?

in the back of my head....... right before and after I took 6.5

cherub
    cherub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    So they are going to lose to Duke by 20? Keep betting against them.
    100% promise - have 2 alarms pending on "put a large bet against MSU". Uconn ladies would beat them on neutral court.
    I lost -150 on their win but I am so freaking upset about the fact that a team playing like that can win two games in the tourney.... So horribly horribly bad

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

They do not play a tough schedule. So when they get challenged by superior coached teams, they fukkkkking fold tent

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    in the back of my head....... right before and after I took 6.5
    Lick those wounds.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Lol put duke or any other top team in the big 10 and they would get crushed

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Lick those wounds.
    it's just had to fathom a team with that much athletic ability can't play a decently close game with an average Michigan State team (by their standards)

Rmac15
    Rmac15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 574

it's just had to fathom a team with that much athletic ability can't play a decently close game with an average Michigan State team (by their standards)
    Average? This is one of the most talented Michigan State teams in the last 10 years.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Rmac15 View Post
    Average? This is one of the most talented Michigan State teams in the last 10 years.

No way. The outside shooting is shaky at best, Nix can't score against elite big men, and they don't have a great point guard

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

No way. The outside shooting is shaky at best, Nix can't score against elite big men, and they don't have a great point guard
    I think the answer is somewhere in between. I don't think this MSU squad is "elite" by any means, but Payne and Harris are monsters.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Memphis has always been a run/jump/dunk team even under Calipari. No jumpshooting, no free throw shooting. You cannot out-athlete a Big 10 team because they will force you to play half-court basketball. Besides, Memphis hasn't beat a legit team all year, even a very down Xavier team when they were at midseason form.

And before you forget, Michigan State is almost unbeatable when playing 3rd and 4th round games in Indy. You might as well pencil them in for another Final Four now. Last time they faced Louisville in the Elite Eight when Ville was the #1 overall seed, they went to the Final Four.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    Memphis has always been a run/jump/dunk team even under Calipari. No jumpshooting, no free throw shooting. You cannot out-athlete a Big 10 team because they will force you to play half-court basketball. Besides, Memphis hasn't beat a legit team all year, even a very down Xavier team when they were at midseason form.

And before you forget, Michigan State is almost unbeatable when playing 3rd and 4th round games in Indy. You might as well pencil them in for another Final Four now. Last time they faced Louisville in the Elite Eight when Ville was the #1 overall seed, they went to the Final Four.

did you forget last year? That was a BLOWOUT. MSU couldn't get a shot off with Dieng on the floor

Rmac15
    Rmac15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 574

Maybe 2008-09 was the only other team that i can think of being better or deeper than this team, Keith Appling is clutch and makes plays when it counts, Nix and Payne are underrated by many. Gary Harris is easily having the best season for a freshman at MSU in the last 10 years, Denzel Valentine is a smart PG while. Brandan Dawson is great at defense but at times looks totally lost on offense. No other Michigan State team was this deep.

TPowell

Maybe 2008-09 was the only other team that i can think of being better or deeper than this team, Keith Appling is clutch and makes plays when it counts, Nix and Payne are underrated by many. Gary Harris is easily having the best season for a freshman at MSU in the last 10 years, Denzel Valentine is a smart PG while. Brandan Dawson is great at defense but at times looks totally lost on offense. No other Michigan State team was this deep.

so they're that much better after losing Draymond Green? This Louisville team improved just as much as that MSU team. If you swap Kuric and Hancock (similar players to a degree), Louisville lost ONE guy from last year. They added an NBA type big in Montrezl Harrell.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I think Harris is MSU's most polished freshman since Magic.

BlurredOut
    BlurredOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Pastner is a good coach. I don't know why anyone would bet against Izzo at this point in the tourney.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredOut View Post
    Pastner is a good coach. I don't know why anyone would bet against Izzo at this point in the tourney.

a good coach? I can't name a worse coach in college basketball.