Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

Michigan -3 vs. VCU

Really like this matchup for Michigan. They are very good handling the basketball, Michigan has an extremely low turnover rate and take care of the basketball, will handle the press better than most teams. They have the athleticism to get easy transition buckets after breaking the press. Without turnovers, VCU is just an average basketball team. Michigan has the superior talent, with superior FG percentage offense and defense. Also playing in Auburn Hills as well.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

agree totally,,love this one..

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

no offense but who has Michigan faced that actually presses? Pass for me, two really good well coached teams.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    no offense but who has Michigan faced that actually presses? Pass for me, two really good well coached teams.
    you dont think those guards are equipped to handle the press?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Might be one of my biggest plays of the season.

A Michigan/MSU ML parlay very intriguing as well.

Owls

Not many, but Michigan beat Arkansas by 13 at home, and Arkansas loves to press.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

No, Michigan's guards never ever saw a team that presses...lol

Owls

Line went from -2 to -3, now -3.5 at Pinny. Public leaning on VCU also, with most of the ML money going towards VCU after their ridiculous blowout of Akron.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    No, Michigan's guards never ever saw a team that presses...lol

they play in the slow ass Big 10. Arkansas plays a similar style but they are NOWHERE near VCU

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Owls View Post
    Not many, but Michigan beat Arkansas by 13 at home, and Arkansas loves to press.

that was at Arkansas right? Think I remember that game, or was that Syracuse I'm thinking of

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    you dont think those guards are equipped to handle the press?
    I don't think you'll know unless they play a legit pressing team like Louisville, VCU, Arkansas, etc. I may look back at that Arky game and see what happened

Owls

If you see what Temple did to VCU, you will see what Michigan will do to VCU. Temple also is a very good passing team, very good handling the basketball, low turnover rate. Except Michigan is a better version of Temple.

TPowell

If you see what Temple did to VCU, you will see what Michigan will do to VCU. Temple also is a very good passing team, very good handling the basketball, low turnover rate. Except Michigan is a better version of Temple.
    Temple is a lot more experienced though. Michigan is still very young with Burke, Hardaway, Stauskas, Robinson, etc

TPowell

I don't think you'll know unless they play a legit pressing team like Louisville, VCU, Arkansas, etc. I may look back at that Arky game and see what happened

looks like Michigan had a 1 to 1 assist to turnovers ratio against Arkansas which isn't bad but isn't great either. Morgan and McGary had 10 offensive rebounds combined and they outrebounded Arky 39-20.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Love Michigan here too and I am a huge Michigan hater. Locked in at -3

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Michigan is going to get beat on Saturday. End of story.

TPowell

big time PASS to me, winner has a great shot against Kansas though, especially VCU

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

One thing to think about it Michigans big men: Jordan Morgan played maybe 2 minutes last night. He's not hurt, just seems to be in the dog house with Boelein or just having mental issues and can't produce. That leaves a freshman McGary or GRIII and overwhelmed Horford. I think VCU gets the best of them down low. Not sure how Trey Burke responds to the pressure - he sincerely struggled last night with Nate Wolters guarding him.

BUT, I was at the game last night as I will be tomorrow, and I must admit the place was FULL of (Walmart) Wolverine fans and the Palace will be ROCKIN tomorrow.

I can't decide what I like here. VCU ML or UofM-3... I don't see value in VCU+3 tho either the rams win outright or lose by more than a possession.

DvdBonan
    DvdBonan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

like the mic msu moneyline parlay idea...

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

They beat Arkansas by 13 at home but Arkansas was in the game most of the way. And anyone comparing Arkansas to VCU shouldn't bet this game anyway

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    One thing to think about it Michigans big men: Jordan Morgan played maybe 2 minutes last night. He's not hurt, just seems to be in the dog house with Boelein or just having mental issues and can't produce. That leaves a freshman McGary or GRIII and overwhelmed Horford. I think VCU gets the best of them down low. Not sure how Trey Burke responds to the pressure - he sincerely struggled last night with Nate Wolters guarding him.

BUT, I was at the game last night as I will be tomorrow, and I must admit the place was FULL of (Walmart) Wolverine fans and the Palace will be ROCKIN tomorrow.

I can't decide what I like here. VCU ML or UofM-3... I don't see value in VCU+3 tho either the rams win outright or lose by more than a possession.
    The location of the game is the only thing stopping me from locking in VCU Ml right now.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    The location of the game is the only thing stopping me from locking in VCU Ml right now.
    Prob good thing it stopping u..

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

Personally I think it's simple. The way u beat a press is with good guard play and not running toward the baselines or side line. Burke is one of the best guards in the country and hard away is a huge talent. They can control that press by driving through the middle and getting easy baskets. Mich plays in a much better conf., they are also at home basically. They should win by 8+ and possibly more

Stokes36
    Stokes36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

That havoc defense is somethin else!! I think VCU will make this a game the whole way through and if they don't cover, it's only because they get real close and foul Michigan to push it past the 3.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by polishkielbasa10 View Post
    Personally I think it's simple. The way u beat a press is with good guard play and not running toward the baselines or side line. Burke is one of the best guards in the country and hard away is a huge talent. They can control that press by driving through the middle and getting easy baskets. Mich plays in a much better conf., they are also at home basically. They should win by 8+ and possibly more
    They haven't experienced VCU's D yet. Just because Burke looks good in half court against B1G D's doesn't mean he'll react well to VCU. Also, it's not like they only win games b/c of some gimmicky press d. Solid all around squad

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

They haven't experienced VCU's D yet. Just because Burke looks good in half court against B1G D's doesn't mean he'll react well to VCU. Also, it's not like they only win games b/c of some gimmicky press d. Solid all around squad
    Looking hard at the Sprd and ML of this game for VCU.

Owls

VCU lost twice to St. Louis, which plays very well in the half court, and is a good passing team. VCU has a very mediocre defense if they don't force turnovers. Michigan has the clearly superior offense, it's not even close.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...

VCU lost twice to St. Louis, which plays very well in the half court, and is a good passing team. VCU has a very mediocre defense if they don't force turnovers. Michigan has the clearly superior offense, it's not even close.
    Whoever comes out shooting well with less turnovers will win the game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Turnovers Per Game

1234567 of 7

Last updated - March 22, 2013
    Through games of March 21, 2013
    Rank Team GM TO TOPG
    1 Michigan 34 313 9.2
    2 Cal Poly 32 302 9.4
    3 Bucknell 34 321 9.4
    4 Wisconsin 34 331 9.7
    5 Missouri St. 33 336 10.2
    6 South Dakota St. 35 365 10.4
    7 Troy 33 345 10.5
    8 Ohio St. 33 350 10.6
    9 Nebraska 33 352 10.7
    10 Northwestern 32 342 10.7

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

How does Michigan have the clearly superior offense? Anyway, Michigan is 7-6 since the beginning of February. This isn't a team which is on a roll IMO. Those just discounting VCU beware.

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

this a home game for mich and they 2 1/2 favs cmon man , i waited for this game and ive seen vcu up close at atlantic 10 tourney and mich has never seen the havoc pressure from anyone liike they will see tomorrow there pressure will get mich to shoot at a low percentage and they will get turnovers i do believe they convert them to transition baskets so i love shaka and havoc tomorrow

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    How does Michigan have the clearly superior offense? Anyway, Michigan is 7-6 since the beginning of February. This isn't a team which is on a roll IMO. Those just discounting VCU beware.
    My money is already in. GL luck with your pick guys. I've lost 4 in a row while posting.

Frisco

VCU has faced lots of teams that are in the top 50 w/ turnovers per game and force 3-6 more per game than they avg. Should be a good one

jamt31
    jamt31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I do think Michigan will win this game but it's definitely not gonna be easy. I'm hoping it's not a late one possession game because Michigan's offense and defense has been awful in late game scenario's. Burke will handle the press well, but how will Michigan's defense hold up? Their defense isn't the best, they give up a ton of open looks. They did just give up 51 points to Wisconsin's dreadful offense in the 2nd half of their Big Ten Tourney match-up.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by jamt31 View Post
    I do think Michigan will win this game but it's definitely not gonna be easy. I'm hoping it's not a late one possession game because Michigan's offense and defense has been awful in late game scenario's. Burke will handle the press well, but how will Michigan's defense hold up? Their defense isn't the best, they give up a ton of open looks. They did just give up 51 points to Wisconsin's dreadful offense in the 2nd half of their Big Ten Tourney match-up.
    They have been less than spectacular the last few months. I'm sure most of the people so excited about taking them as a small fave at home were the same ones b*tching about them when they lost to Penn State and choked away the game against IU

1234 ... Last