benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Harvard Strategy vs NM

What was with their clock wasting strategy? Attack early and late yet just blow time in the middle.

Why did they do this? Anyone know if it's typical or just vs. NM?

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

New Mexico was one of the most over rated 3 seeds I've seen. Harvard's biggest weapon was 3 point shooting. New Mexico did not guard the 3 point line at all. Bad defense by New Mexico and if not for NMs center and his skill, size advantage, they would have lost by 20.

The strategy for Harvard is the same for any team with a significant athletic disadvantage in college ball. For the vast majority of possessions you run clock then drive and kick to your 3 point shooters and all non athletic teams have tons of 3 point shooters. This is what evens out teams in the college game who don't have athletic players.

NBA is more up and down and you have to be athletic there because of the short clock.
    Last edited by WileOut; 03-22-13 at 07:53 AM.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I was unimpressed by either team. Pending the spread I'm looking to bet against Harvard on Saturday.

Still wondering if they'll use the clock wasting strategy and how it'll affect the total. With some decent 3pt defence not only will Harvard get blown out, the total will be tiny.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

College shot clock shouldn't be 35 seconds. Hate seeing teams doing what Harvard did

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Zona -9.5

jimm246
    Update your status
    jimm246's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2652

NM is a dumb team. Cant stop the 3. The 3 is not hard to stop. What hard to stop is inside play but NM dont need to stop the inside play. Inside the paint stats NM had more PTS. I hate NM! Made me lose my ML parlay!