soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

March Madness 1000x better than NBA playoffs

So much more hype, games seem tighter. Upsets are bigger (when they happen)

Say what you will about slow starts, lame tourney first rounds but I'd take it over the NBA championship anyday

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Not even thread worthy, this is a known fact.
    Last edited by tto827; 03-21-13 at 05:38 PM.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

College basketball is garbage now.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

agree with tto...it goes without saying.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Not even thread worthy, this is a known fact.

K13 may be the only one who disagrees.
    Why?

NBA is garbage.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

99% of the guys you see on the court in your march madness tourny won't even find a spot on the bench on an nba team. You realize that, right?

Goat Milk

think about it. there aren't that many upsets in the nba playoffs because the guys are professional athletes. they aren't 19 yr old kids.

The NBA finals is way more pressure. It's not even close. Carmello won an NCAA title easily. The guy has only got out of the first round in the NBA 1 time in his entire 10 yr career.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    think about it. there aren't that many upsets in the nba playoffs because the guys are professional athletes. they aren't 19 yr old kids.
    You just don't get it.

Your stupidity and inability to grasp a basic concept has been, and always will be, mind-boggling.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3277

Also 7 game series vs. One and Done. But I will take college regular season over NBA regular season. Playoffs and tournament are equal.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You just don't get it.

Your stupidity to grasp a basic concept has been, and always will be, mind-boggling.
    Oh "the passion. the heart. kids playing for the love of the game and not for money. no pre-Madonnas. I've heard it all. Buddy I graduated with a 3.9 from a 4 year university. I got a 1450 on my SAT out of 1600 back in high school. Back in high school, I was accepted to take a college course at Harvard University, as a high school student. I got an A- in the class. That's the first time I mentioning my edu. background on this site. Just shut up with the same exact remarks you make every time. If I'm so stupid, why do read my comments. Fukk off.

k13

The NBA finals is way more pressure. It's not even close. Carmello won an NCAA title easily. The guy has only got out of the first round in the NBA 1 time in his entire 10 yr career.
    Yeah there 23 year old kids or 20 or 25.

Plus 7 game series and home court. Big difference.
    Have all the nba series play a one and done on the road and see what happens.
    Adam morrison could not win in college but easy ring in the NBA.
    Just have to be on the right team.
    Like lebron could not win in cleveland

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Why?

NBA is garbage.
    Sorry. Thought you had complained about college. Confused you with someone else.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

NBA is much better than March Madness. Have you seen how Davidson lost the game? When was the last time an NBA playoff team lost a game being up 9 points with 3 minutes left?

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    NBA is much better than March Madness. Have you seen how Davidson lost the game? When was the last time an NBA playoff team lost a game being up 9 points with 3 minutes left?
    Umm. Like twice a week?

Goat Milk

Yeah there 23 year old kids or 20 or 25.

Plus 7 game series and home court. Big difference.
    Have all the nba series play a one and done on the road and see what happens.
    Adam morrison could not win in college but easy ring in the NBA.
    Just have to be on the right team.
    Like lebron could not win in cleveland

You're right 7 game series also a reason why upsets are pretty rare.

1 and done is an interesting format, and I can see why ppl like March Madness. You are guaranteed usually to see a nail biting finish in a lot of games, I'm just commenting on the talent. I remember back when I was in school and watching basketball was the thing to do when I got home. I remember the Jordan game winner over Russel. That was a great moment.

I understand all the reasons for liking the tourney, but at the end of the day, I want to watch a 7 footer in Durant that has the ability to dribble up the court and pull up from 30. Not a 6'8 guy (like that guy on Pit or Marquette?) that has no hops and is bullying ppl down low and scoring at will. He would be lucky to average 4 ppg for his nba career.

Morrison did not play on the team. He sat on the bench in a suit. Wasn't Morrison a great player in college? He's not even in the league today, is he?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Umm. Like twice a week?
    They don't lose in the playoffs.

Goat Milk

I detect sarcasm here?

If not I can refer you to many comebacks... much more than a 9 point deficit as well with under 5 min.

tto827

1 and done is an interesting format, and I can see why ppl like March Madness. You are guaranteed usually to see a nail biting finish in a lot of games, I'm just commenting on the talent. I remember back when I was in school and watching basketball was the thing to do when I got home. I remember the Jordan game winner over Russel. That was a great moment.

I understand all the reasons for liking the tourney, but at the end of the day, I want to watch a 7 footer in Durant that has the ability to dribble up the court and pull up from 30. Not a 6'8 guy (like that guy on Pit or Marquette?) that has no hops and is bullying ppl down low and scoring at will. He would be lucky to average 4 ppg for his nba career.

Morrison did not play on the team. He sat on the bench in a suit. Wasn't Morrison a great player in college? He's not even in the league today, is he?
    You mean like Dejuan Blair?

tto827

They don't lose in the playoffs.
    http://www.bloguin.com/crossoverchro...comebacks.html

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Everyone expects Miami to win. March Madness you may as well flip a coin. Also, the atmosphere is way better which hypes up the game even more. Knowing it's one and done also adds to that. Fans don't even show up to watch the NBA even during the playoffs you will see empty seats when it should be sold out. NBA is a watered down product with 2-3 good teams. Miami, OKC and the Spurs. Basically a lock one of those 3 wins it this year.

k13

Durant played in college....

"we" watched him there too...dominated and lost.

Goat Milk

You mean like Dejuan Blair?
    Blaire is a good example. He actually is pretty athletic though. The guy I"m talking about plays for one of those teams I mentioned, but can't even jump a foot off the ground. He is a mini tractor traylor. he will have no future in the league. even a much more athletic blaire is a below average player in the nba.

Goat Milk

Durant played in college....

"we" watched him there too...dominated and lost.
    He hasn't won in the nba either. remember, durant dominated on an average college team (if you took him off) at the time, right? They were one of the top teams in the country. But...when Durant was drafted in the league, he put up one of the worst years (in terms of W-Ls) in the history of the league if I remember right? That Sonics team was pure awful. And they had the best (college) player in the country...

Just shows you the difference in talent.

tto827

Blaire is a good example. He actually is pretty athletic though. The guy I"m talking about plays for one of those teams I mentioned, but can't even jump a foot off the ground. He is a mini tractor traylor. he will have no future in the league. even a much more athletic blaire is a below average player in the nba.
    Yup. Unless they find a way to play the 4, its just too hard to be a 6'7" center in the NBA now.