Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Calapari strikes again...

One day after losing to the NIT and a few hours later he signs Julius Randle.

Guy just has top class each and every year, one of the best recruiters in the history of the game if not the best.

7 man class coming in, 6 in the top 20 and 4 in the top 10!!!!

That is fukkin insanity.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

He's got #3, #5, #6, #7, #11 & #18 overall how sick is that.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Hope he loses in the NIT again next year.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Kentucky begging for Tubby!!

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He will get out coached late in the tourny, lose, all his players will leave, and he will have to repeat the process again.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Nice to see a Ville fan giving props to UK but obviously you guys are the ones with the last laugh for now. It will be interesting to see which guys from this team change their mind and go pro (to play in the D-League next year) along with how Cal is able to include all of these guys in the mix next year. At this point I would have to imagine Wiggins is headed elsewhere but wouldn't that be something if he joined in as well.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

nothing without WWW and the outlandish bribes

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post
    Nice to see a Ville fan giving props to UK but obviously you guys are the ones with the last laugh for now. It will be interesting to see which guys from this team change their mind and go pro (to play in the D-League next year) along with how Cal is able to include all of these guys in the mix next year. At this point I would have to imagine Wiggins is headed elsewhere but wouldn't that be something if he joined in as well.
    I don't build my team up by breaking others' down. It's just my not style, it might be the best class in the history from a #'s standpoint.

It's just NBA Prep U. They know they only need to attend one semester +, then its off to make $. Not a bad plan for a 17 year old kid.

He's killing the NBA Rule.

EASports

I really like how he threw all of his players under the bus on his exit press conference, and took no blame.

Mozzie7
    Mozzie7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    He's got #3, #5, #6, #7, #11 & #18 overall how sick is that.
    Be interesting to see how it impacts the guys currently on the roster - none of this years frosh (Noel aside) proved they are ready for the NBA but may be forced out by the incoming talent.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-26-15 at 02:02 PM. Reason: image does not exist

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Absolutely nuts the classes this guy gets.

Wonder how he convinces these kids to sign on knowing only 5 of them can play at a time.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kids are smart. They give a shit about what school he's at this week or what they end up doing.

NBA game in college, NBA future, no morals

make it happen

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    One day after losing to the NIT and a few hours later he signs Julius Randle.

Guy just has top class each and every year, one of the best recruiters in the history of the game if not the best.

7 man class coming in, 6 in the top 20 and 4 in the top 10!!!!

That is fukkin insanity.
    He doesnt do most of his own recruiting. At Memphis Josh Pastner was a huge recruiter for Calapari.
    He paid him back by taking most of Memphis St recruits with him to KY then the big kicker he told Memphis
    that some loser should be the next head coach not Pastner (who he wanted to take to KY) guys a slime bag
    I'm sure he has a good recruiter at KY to do the work. It isnt a hard sell.....YET!

EASports

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Absolutely nuts the classes this guy gets.

Wonder how he convinces these kids to sign on knowing only 5 of them can play at a time.
    The exposure that Kentucky gets, and past success leads to his peripheral players being drafted higher b/c of their association with the program.

Plus he has this guy recriuting for him.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    nothing without WWW and the outlandish bribes
    This.

Good ol' World Wide Wes.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

They have 7 scholarships available?

how many on the current roster are gonna be told to transfer for next year

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I could coach that team to a first round exit in the NIT. I wouldn't even require his salary!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie, and I/O

NjSunDvlSal
    NjSunDvlSal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Calipari had to eat some humble pie last night, and it's pathetic how immature his team is that they lose every road game they have ever played. That 7 footer is ATROCIOUS!!! He had a huge advantage on RMU and he missed lob after lob. He's a cancer to their offense. He will not make an NBA roster. As an Arizona State alum, I can't believe I can say I'd rather have Jordan Bachynski over a center from Kentucky.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Papa John's Celebrating Tourney Time.

Maybe a celebrity pizza delivery driver for someone not directly involved with the tournament?

Name:  pj.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  18.2 KB

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    He doesnt do most of his own recruiting. At Memphis Josh Pastner was a huge recruiter for Calapari.
    He paid him back by taking most of Memphis St recruits with him to KY then the big kicker he told Memphis
    that some loser should be the next head coach not Pastner (who he wanted to take to KY) guys a slime bag
    I'm sure he has a good recruiter at KY to do the work. It isnt a hard sell.....YET!
    Yeah but he gets/deserves the credit, of course head coaches have their assistants recruiting

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

The best recruiting coup I have seen in NCAA men's basketball history was Coach K having Jason Williams as an all american freshman point guard, and actually talked the number one point guard prospect to join in...........Chris Duhon. Amazing!!!!!!! Cal knows his players are leaving or transferring to make room for the new studs, K knew both Williams and Duhon would have to co exist and Williams stayed three and Duhon stayed all four.

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Maybe his staff simply tells the top kids the truth: come here and you get to play in a nice arena in front of a good crowd, get tv and media exposure and i will use all that to help get you ready to go pro in 1-2 years. No need to wait for someone to open a roster spot, no need to pretend you want to graduate, just do enough to pass and focus on basketball because we sure dont care if you graduate or have an education to fall back on.