Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

My Tournament Thoughts.

I was going to breakdown each game because I was asked by several posters for my thoughts.

After breaking down the Nc A&T/Liberty play in game and Colorado St/Mizzouri, it was already a page long,

Then I realized that nobody will read that much and I'm not getting paid for this.

So Cliff Notes

Let me just start by saying, the Committee did an excellent job. All the talk is how this year's tournament is so wide open and yet after finishing my bracket, it's one of the more chalky brackets I've ever filled out

Midwest:

Oregon is really under seeded, they win the Pac 12 tourney and have Dominic Artis @ 100%. They did drop the ball on this one, and it also is unfair to Marcus Smart and company as they have a second round type matchup to start. The game could go either way, but I like Oregon's big guys to dominate here and move on as a 'so called upset'.

Another upset I like in this bracket is for MTSU / St. Mary's to beat Memphis. I'm picking MTSU in that game but I like the guard's on both clubs to be able to beat Memphis.

Not really too much more to say in this round as i expect all top 4 seeds to advance.

I have Louisville beating Duke to reach Atlanta

West:

Here's another bracket where I only have 1 first round upset. Arizona has been up and down all year and after Sean Miller's rant I just don't see this team coming together w/ the right team mindset that it takes to advance. Belmont is screaming for a win in this tournament and they have the experience and the right matchup to move on.

In my first few brackets I had Wisconsin advancing as far as the Final Four, but after looking into it more I think Kansas St will have too many play makers in that potential Sweet 16 game and should be able to move on.

I really feel in love w/ Steve Alford's club in this region. I don't like how many others are picking them but I just think their lock down defense and Alford's ability to motivate will be enough to get by Ohio St and Gonzaga. It's such a plus to have Tony Snell and just be able to tell him to guard their opponents best player each round.

I have New Mexico winning the West and losing to Louisville in the Final Four.

South:

The only upset I have in this region (seed wise) is Minnesota. They are simply too strong on the glass for UCLA. Missing Jordan Adams is going to really hurt them and Tubby's guys will out work the bruins in this one.

My hardest decision in the South was what do to with Michigan. At first I had VCU beating them but I finally decided I want Trey Burke on my side in this tournament and I have them reaching the Elite 8 before losing to Florida in one of the better games on the slate.

I like Billy Donavon's squad to reach Atlanta from the south

East:

This bracket I have 4 first round upsets

I really did not like what I saw from NC State last time out. CJ Leslie was yelling at Lorenzo Brown and they just fell apart as a team during that Miami game. I think this is a good spot for an upset as Temple's Khalif Wyatt can put 30 on you in a hurry. Neither team has bench and Howell is banged up for the Wolfpack. I will say that if NC State could come together they could make a serious run and beat anybody but I'm going against them after what I saw last time out.

When Brad Stevens looked at his draw he could not of been too happy. I mean this is like looking in the mirror at his own team. Bucknell has been here before and as much as I hate to pick against Coach Stevens I really like Bucknell as my tournament sleeper I have them advancing to the sweet 16.

Marquette is the weakest 3 seed we have this year. I think Buzz Williams has done an excellent job but they just can't shoot the rock. Davidson has been here before and they don't let anybody take them out of their offense. The Golden Eagles simply won't be able to keep up. Davidson/Bucknell would be a really fun second round matchup.

The last upset I have is Colorado over Illinois. Brandon Paul is going to be a very good pro but I just don't trust this team. Colorado is at full strength and they are so much more balanced. As long as Illini aren't lights out from deep the Buffalo's should be able to move on. I also think they will be battle Miami but come up short.

UNLV has the talent to make a run here but I shied away from picking them. I think the Cuse zone will frustrate Anthony Bennett. Also Cal has been playing very well and crabbe and them can easily win that game.

I really think Syracuse is the forgotten team in this tournament. Everyone saw Louisville put it on them in that second half of the Big East Championship but this team can really play. Their style can match up w/ anyone and I think they have a great draw. I like the Cuse to reach the Elite 8 and maybe even knock off Miami. Although I couldn't pull the trigger on that one.

I like Miami to win this region and move on to the finals against Louisville.

I know you guys will be surprised but I have Louisville cutting down the nets. They are the only team to win their conference tournament and choose not to cut down the nets this year.

They are focused, and red hot right now.

Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 03-19-13 at 05:03 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Smutbucket gave Louisvillekid1 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Footballtime, Seaweed, and MoneyLineDawg

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Love 'Viller

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Proud to say I read the whole thing. Might be the longest thing I have read in a couple months.

Great post and good luck with your brackets.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Nice write up Lkid. Agree with most.

I'm already fairly heavy on MN over ucla. But, then again...........I'm always going against those pansy ass lady-boys.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Nice write up Lkid. Agree with most.

I'm already fairly heavy on MN over ucla. But, then again...........I'm always going against those pansy ass lady-boys.

Long live the current Ben Howland era at UCLA, may you continue to make us prosperous.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16117

good stuff

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Nice write up LK.

I disagree on New Mexico. They are last in 3 pt FG defense in the Mountain West, and their rebounding is in the lower half of their conference too.

I think they could struggle against a team like Belmont.

Again, nice write up.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Forgot to mention Saint Louis, If they were in any other bracket I'd have them in the ELite 8. They handle Shocka press so well and VCU Defensive pressure is the only team that is comparable to Louisville's. No Lie I said to my friends and dad before the tournament I just don't wanna see Saint Louis and what do you know, there they are, lol.

Also lets watch the MWC very closely. They got 5 teams in and had a great season, now lets see what they can do. I believe they are 5-28 against the Power 6 conferences in the Big Dance.

fellas and good luck on you're brackets and plays. Lets turn a profit this march and enjoy the games! Better be off or working early am like me on Thursday and Friday!

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Great write up, are you worried that Louisville could
    A) Cool off in the next couple of weeks
    B) Get in foul trouble & struggle if they run into Duke? You know Coach K will be getting all the calls!!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Soxsfan9 View Post
    Great write up, are you worried that Louisville could
    A) Cool off in the next couple of weeks
    B) Get in foul trouble & struggle if they run into Duke? You know Coach K will be getting all the calls!!
    I want the rematch w/ Duke. They got us in the Bahamas w/o Gorgui Dieng by 3. If the refs are quick on the whistles then it could pose a problem for us but remember we are very deep.

As far as cooling off in the next few weeks, I don't see it. Pitino's squads and Louisville in general always play their best ball this time of year.

Good luck Sox....

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Good read Lkid, while i dont agree or disagree with most of it, I like something well written and think most of this has a chance of happening..This year i think alot of teams could beat the others, but i still think their is only 4-7 teams that can win 6 games in a row......
    Last edited by Footballtime; 03-19-13 at 06:50 PM.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

good stuff.

while i'm here does anyone have a link to a bracket that has all of the 1st rd lines on it?

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    good stuff.

while i'm here does anyone have a link to a bracket that has all of the 1st rd lines on it?
    http://www.wagerminds.com/Promotion/...asketball-2013
    Points Awarded:

Footballtime gave Soxsfan9 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Appreciate the link........

sarasmith
    sarasmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice one LKID...very interested in this Mizz / CSU matchup you mentioned but you didn't include it in your write up!?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by sarasmith View Post
    Nice one LKID...very interested in this Mizz / CSU matchup you mentioned but you didn't include it in your write up!?
    Colorado St and Mizzouri

In this game you have the Tigers who want to run up and down the court against the Rams who play very solid half court defense. I believe they can slow down Mizzouri and frustrate Phil Pressey in this one. Colton Iverson can play with anybody on the inside and they have shooters that will knock down shots. The Rams have the experience from last season losing to Murray St the first round and they look to have a different outcome this year.

I think the rams will take better shots and take care of the ball in this matchup as they advance to the round of 32

Going to depend on who wins the tempo battle, gl

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Thanks for the thoughts pal

GL
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: YouHave2outs

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

thanks for the kind words for the cuse

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Do you agree cuse?

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Do you agree cuse?
    quietly confident. I think the best time to strike is when everyone is talking about how trash Jimmy B is and not expecting results. Very favorable draw as I could see Indiana getting knocked out in the 2nd round before even facing the Cuse....I dont really buy montana upsetting cuse. I would like to also think that they can compete and win versus a solid UNLV team.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

I actually like this Cuse team... Watched them a bunch. BUT.... Do you really think that the zone will contain Oladipo and Zeller? If that matchup takes place it'll be the highest scoring game of the tournament. Just my pennies.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Good stuff!

Colorado WILL beat Illinois, i have no doubt

However, UCLA beats Minnesota. That team flat out sucks and should NOT be in the tournament.

tto827

Minnesota/Illinois ML parlay pays 2-1

Looks good to me.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Don't like Miami at all. But I agree Syracuse shocks people and gets to at least the Last 8. I am in two player pools and I have Carter-Williams in both of them.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post

Looks good to me.

+ 1 tto

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

damn i have pretty much the same picks...but with miami beating lville!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sharp View Post
    I actually like this Cuse team... Watched them a bunch. BUT.... Do you really think that the zone will contain Oladipo and Zeller? If that matchup takes place it'll be the highest scoring game of the tournament. Just my pennies.
    I think IU will have their hands full in the second round game and they haven't seen a zone like Jimmy B will present in quite some time. I will say if I'm downgrading/not giving a team their due its IU. It would not surprise me if they make a deep run but I don't like their draw.

GL Joe

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Thanks for all the kind words as well, you guys always treat me well.

Just remember to enjoy these games w/ friends and family. Get out to the bars and throw some back w/ your closest. It's the best time of the year, and these kids are just 18-22 years old playing their hearts out. I just love the passion this sport brings, share it w/ you're family.

Love all you guys.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Nice post. This is what players talk should be about, not TTWarrior making threads seeking sexual intimate encounters on facebook.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Colorado St and Mizzouri

In this game you have the Tigers who want to run up and down the court against the Rams who play very solid half court defense. I believe they can slow down Mizzouri and frustrate Phil Pressey in this one. Colton Iverson can play with anybody on the inside and they have shooters that will knock down shots. The Rams have the experience from last season losing to Murray St the first round and they look to have a different outcome this year.

I think the rams will take better shots and take care of the ball in this matchup as they advance to the round of 32

Going to depend on who wins the tempo battle, gl
    i like mizzou cause i think they will negate rams typical rebounding edge and col st really doesnt turn teams over much so id lean towards seeing good pressy in this gm (not so much when they face lou).Haith is a fukkin moron tho and mizzou has been known to wilt in close gms on the road, of coarse they were solid on neutrals so who knows? doesnt hurt that mizzou has played in this arena already, they got plenty of getting bounced early experience also (ha)...

btw it really pisses me off slu and mizzou both in lou bracket (not that i think mizzou would go very far anyways)..

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post

Looks good to me.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Banker I know you're a tigers fan but can't wish you luck for obvious reasons.

How about the recruiting job Frank Haith did for Jimmy Larranaga! God dam can he recruit.

I know you know already but I think he found some gems in Johnny Williams 3 and Wes Clark

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Great write up LK

12 Last