TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Why is Florida getting screwed?

In polls and databases ran by people who actually have brains, they are a top 3 team (#1 in Pomeroy and #2 in Sagarin for example).

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Florida could win it all, they have the pieces... Boynton is a big X-factor.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

They lose close games.

TPowell

I agree, Miami belongs NOWHERE near a 1 seed. I don't care if they win today by double digits. One seeds should be Louisville, Florida, Indiana, and Gonzaga with Kansas being that close 5th

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    They lose close games.
    would you rather get blown out? That's a horrible excuse imo

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3277

They play in a sub standard conference this year.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

How are they getting screwed?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

How is Duke not a 1 seed?

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    They play is a sub standard conference this year.

The SEC isn't that much worse than the Big 12 according to most metrics. Also, look at what Florida did in the non conference. They BLEW out Marquette and Wisconsin

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    How is Duke not close to a 1 seed?

They play in the ACC, which is the equivalent of the SEC almost. Florida pounds teams into the crowd and Duke slides past. Would you take Duke over Florida straight up on a neutral floor?

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    The SEC isn't that much worse than the Big 12 according to most metrics. Also, look at what Florida did in the non conference. They BLEW out Marquette and Wisconsin
    All I know is that every time Fla plays an SEC team it seems as if they are laying double digits at home and points on the road. SEC sucks this year.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    How are they getting screwed?
    they will end up with at best a 2 seed and probably will get one of the best 1 seeds.

tto827

They play in the ACC, which is the equivalent of the SEC almost. Florida pounds teams into the crowd and Duke slides past. Would you take Duke over Florida straight up on a neutral floor?

On second thought. Probably a no play.

TPowell

All I know is that every time Fla plays an SEC team it seems as if they are laying double digits at home and points on the road. SEC sucks this year.

maybe there is a reason they are laying double digits outside of it being bad competition?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

That's because they beat EVERY team this year by double digits.

ChiHawk86
    ChiHawk86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

They didnt win the conference title or tourney title?

TPowell

hopefully they play in the NCAA's because you'll get at least 2.5 points

Easy-Rider 66

maybe there is a reason they are laying double digits outside of it being bad competition?
    Maybe a combination.

tto827

hopefully they play in the NCAA's because you'll get at least 2.5 points
    Ya exactly. To play Duke at a pk'em would be dumb, which is why I changed my other post. But I still like Duke's chances as much as anyones to run the table.

TPowell

Ya exactly. To play Duke at a pk'em would be dumb, which is why I changed my other post. But I still like Duke's chances as much as anyones to run the table.

sorry didn't see the edit. Possibly, but the BEST teams should be rewarded IMO. Florida is better than basically all of these 1 seeds outside of Louisville and possibly Indiana.

k13

They beat shit stains like Wisconsin by like 20, a team Indiana can't beat in two tries.

Some projections have Florida as a #3 seed still....lol

How about two probably #2 seeds. Florida vs New Mexico.
    One playing in the crappy SEC and one playing in the #1 conference.
    What do you guys say the line is? -2 New Mexico. Sounds about right......................

tto827

If we were to play this season again a million times. I think the most common final 4 and top 4 seeds would be Indiana, Florida, Louisville, Duke in no certain order.

If Florida is a 3, they got fukkin hosed.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    They beat shit stains like Wisconsin by like 20, a team Indiana can't beat in two tries.

Some projections have Florida as a #3 seed still....lol

How about two probably #2 seeds. Florida vs New Mexico.
    One playing in the crappy SEC and one playing in the #1 conference.
    What do you guys say the line is? -2 New Mexico. Sounds about right......................

shit stain lol? Wisconsin is a top 10 team you clown. Florida would be at minimum 5 against New Mexico

k13

shit stain lol? Wisconsin is a top 10 team you clown. Florida would be at minimum 5 against New Mexico
    The -2 was being sarcastic.

Florida should be like -7.5 vs New Mexico.

Wisconsin is not Top 10, too many losses outside the conference to real teams. Maybe Top 20.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    The -2 was being sarcastic.

Florida should be like -7.5 vs New Mexico.

Wisconsin is not Top 10, too many losses outside the conference to real teams. Maybe Top 20.
    true but you have to factor in they played without the PG they thought would be their starter at the start of the season. Took some time getting adjusted, that should be factored in

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

You have to remember that the Gators had a lot of injury problems this entire year. Especially to their bigs which caused a lot of rotation problems. I'm a Gator fan so I've seen all their games and in most of their losses they were actually leading by double digits only to lose the lead and lose the game. It's weird how this team can get big leads but then give them up by getting tight. The last 2 NCAAT, they were up 18 against Louisville last year with 10 minutes to go and they lose the game to get to the final four. A year prior they were up 14 against Butler with about the same 10 minutes to go and loss to them as well causing them to miss another Final Four. They really should have been in back to back final fours.

The achilles heel for UF is there big men. They can sometimes play soft and not rebound giving opposing teams extra possessions. That's how you beat UF is by pushing them around. Another problem is they get happy with the long ball and don't attack the rim enough which is a problem in crunch time where they don't draw enough fouls and get to the FT.

UF has the tools offensively and defensively to blow anyone out of the building. It's all about focus. When they play tough and dominate the boards they are very good. Plus when they go inside to Murphy and Young early and beats you inside, they are almost impossible to beat because it opens up the outside shooting.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

.....maybe there is a reason they are laying double digits outside of it being bad competition?

Bingo. Hard to say they win it all but I'd say they got as good a chance as anyone. Seriously. And much better chance than Duke.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Has anyone won 2 titles in both hoops and football since the turn of the century?

Mac4Lyfe

I watch the SEC, ACC and B10 a bunch and both the SEC and ACC had a lot of young teams which meant that they were trying to figure things out early. There are several teams in both conferences that you would not want to play right now but unfortunately, won't make the tourney. The B10 had a lot of mature teams that played better together early which meant against non conference foes.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I watch the SEC, ACC and B10 a bunch and both the SEC and ACC had a lot of young teams which meant that they were trying to figure things out early. There are several teams in both conferences that you would not want to play right now but unfortunately, won't make the tourney. The B10 had a lot of mature teams that played better together early which meant against non conference foes.

The bottom tier of the SEC is the problem. Mississippi State would have been the worst team in any conference just about. Auburn and LSU were god awful as well this year. The ACC didn't really have any AWFUL teams.

Mac4Lyfe

LSU shaped up to be a pretty solid team. They got better as the year progressed. I agree Auburn and MSU along with SCAR were hot garbage. Vatech, Wake, GT, Boston College and Clemson were all pretty bad in the ACC as well though. If you line both conferences up it is dam near even. Not sure which I'd give the edge to. I think the top maybe favors the ACC a bit, the bottom even but the middle favors the SEC.

The bottom tier of the SEC is the problem. Mississippi State would have been the worst team in any conference just about. Auburn and LSU were god awful as well this year. The ACC didn't really have any AWFUL teams.

TPowell

LSU shaped up to be a pretty solid team. They got better as the year progressed. I agree Auburn and MSU along with SCAR were hot garbage. Vatech, Wake, GT, Boston College and Clemson were all pretty bad in the ACC as well though. If you line both conferences up it is dam near even. Not sure which I'd give the edge to. I think the top maybe favors the ACC a bit, the bottom even but the middle favors the SEC.
    All those ACC teams would easily handle MSU and USC though. Awful how bad they drag the SEC down this year

Mac4Lyfe

True, but TAM on up are fairly competitive.

I think every year the East coast media pumps up the B10 and Big East but the ACC and SEC top teams always seem to challenge for the title. Unfortunately, the ACC and SEC end up having several teams left out of the Tourney each year, which is a shame.

tto827

True, but TAM on up are fairly competitive.

I think every year the East coast media pumps up the B10 and Big East but the ACC and SEC top teams always seem to challenge for the title. Unfortunately, the ACC and SEC end up having several teams left out of the Tourney each year, which is a shame.
    Agreed. This year I do think the Big East was very strong, but in years past, those teams do not start climbing the rankings until they start playing each other. Big East has been overvalued the past few years.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

I guess Florida will get what they deserve

12 Last