DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

SDSU+1 vs NDSU a STEAL tonight?

Winner goes to the Big Dance. South Dakota State has Nate Wolters, a scoring machine. Wolters shot 10 for 21 @ NDSU in their loss by 3 in December, then SDSU won comfortably by double digits at home vs North in January. I thought the South won easily last night whereas the North played a later game and struggled a bit early on.

Is SDSU+1 a steal?? What do you think?

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

solid bet- I wouldn't call it a steal- also- game is in sd

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    solid bet- I wouldn't call it a steal- also- game is in sd
    where is sd in relation to nd lol im sure there will be lots of support for both teams but i dunno.

seriously though this line seems fishy to me.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

SDSU is a horrible defensive team but usually bad defensive teams step up in the postseason so I dont know

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braun has been playing real well for NDSU. NDSU's D is MUCH better than SDSU. Tread lightly here

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I understand the North's D is much better. South doesn't play much D but is shooting much much better than NDSU. I think NDSU will struggle scoring, and if they do get the lead they will not be able to pull away due to their game style (similar to the likes if Wisconsin, Virginia, etc).

I'm thinking if it goes to SDSU+1.5 I will buy a half pt and secure SDSU+2. I don't think they lose unless its a last possession loss.

Frisco

Should be a really good game, just don't think it's worthy of a large play. gl bud

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by jinxpro13 View Post
    where is sd in relation to nd lol im sure there will be lots of support for both teams but i dunno.

seriously though this line seems fishy to me.
    NDSU better team, and defense. Nevertheless SDSU is playing @ home, which compelled me to make a unit bet.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

i thought it would be sdsu-2 here, they beat them by 16 at home and only lost by 3 against them on the road. Wolters scored pretty consistently both games so nd's defense must not be that great, but with all that the line at +1 seems weird especially since they are in south dakota not a significant home advantage but I would think enough to be favored here.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    i thought it would be sdsu-2 here, they beat them by 16 at home and only lost by 3 against them on the road. Wolters scored pretty consistently both games so nd's defense must not be that great, but with all that the line at +1 seems weird especially since they are in south dakota not a significant home advantage but I would think enough to be favored here.
    You're going back to games that were more than 2 months ago. And Braun was out in their loss. This line is set w/ them as a dog for a reason...

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

BIGDAY, check in, pal!

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    You're going back to games that were more than 2 months ago. And Braun was out in their loss. This line is set w/ them as a dog for a reason...
    Oh okay I didnt know that much about nd so your info helped thank you. Didnt see that Braun didnt play. Thanks!

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Oh okay I didnt know that much about nd so your info helped thank you. Didnt see that Braun didnt play. Thanks!
    No prob. Game could still go either way but ppl shouldn't get the idea that SDSU is free $$

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Certainly not free $$, Frisco. I'm just saying I feel confident taking the 'home' team plus points with a superstar player in Wolters. I'm still waiting for this to move to +1.5 so I can pull the trigger.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Certainly not free $$, Frisco. I'm just saying I feel confident taking the 'home' team plus points with a superstar player in Wolters. I'm still waiting for this to move to +1.5 so I can pull the trigger.
    I think it moves closer to +.5 or pk. Wolters is a stud and gets a lot of superstar type calls which always helps

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Damn, you really think so? In that case I shouldn't wait around.

Yeah Wolters put up 26 pts BOTH times he played NDSU this year. Beast. Another interesting look is that NDSU was winning at halftime in both games... If the jackrabbits can start strong I think they pull away with this one.

Frisco

The Rabbits seem to be getting a lot more action from what I've seen and heard. IMO it either moves closer to pk or stays put. We'll see. I'm just mad 5D doesn't have this as one of their live games tonight. Hope that changes

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

LINE MOVEMENT ALERT!!!...SDSU now -1 at heritage!...I took SDSU in a 8 pt teaser...got them (+7)...

Frisco

Didn't see it moving that much but definitely thought it would go their way. Regardless, this movement just shows that books think it will be a really close game and have no clue who wins

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    LINE MOVEMENT ALERT!!!...SDSU now -1 at heritage!...I took SDSU in a 8 pt teaser...got them (+7)...
    People must be teasing them too much b/c that -1 is juiced at even $$. Too bad you didn't tease when it was +1

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I THOUGHT I had em at +1... Fukked it up and now I got em at pickem.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    People must be teasing them too much b/c that -1 is juiced at even $$. Too bad you didn't tease when it was +1

Yeah, I know...but they should win the game straight up....at home, better scoring team, and beat NDSU by 13 and lost on the road to them by 3...Worst case scenario, NDSU wins by 6....

Mcklooks
    Mcklooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 379

FWIW, I live in SD and follow the Jacks. I am a fan (attended in early 2000's), but by no means a homer. The thing about this game is, The Arena in Sioux Falls is a second home for SDSU. Now, I am not crying "home court" BS. There will be people from the ENTIRE state of SD there for one reason only, to beat NDSU. Maybe its a ND-SD thing, but in the past few years, with South Dakota finally having Division I athletics, the whole state rallies around whatever team has a shot (in any sport). SDSU campus is 50 miles from Sioux Falls. NDSU is close to 250. The arena holds 6700. This game WILL be sold out, with the majority of fans rooting for SDSU.

Talent-wise, both teams are pretty even. NDSU has the edge defensively, SDSU offensively. Wolters is on a different level than anyone else on the court for this game.

I wager on college hoops roughly 5k per week. I bet many games with small wagers. I feel like I do a good job of not betting with my heart. I took SDSU +1 for 200. In comparison, I took Gonzaga last night -5 for $350. NDSU 1 half may not be a bad look, but I am pretty confident SDSU wins a fairly close game by 4-8 points.

Good luck whichever way you go.
    Points Awarded:

DOM_Toretto gave Mcklooks 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Looks like a winner!! thx!!

Frisco

Nice win Torretto. I never knocked on no one!

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

WHEW! A little bit of a sweat towards the end with SDSU struggling to inbound the ball, but in general the South was in control the whole game.

Updated SBR record: 30-13-6 (70%)

Let's do it again tomorrow!

Frisco

Any early leans/plays for tmrw?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Just took a look at tomorrow's card... Will be interested to see Wyoming/New Mexico spread. I also plan to look into Cincy -4, Eastern Michigan +3 and Washington -1.

I'll sleep on it and post a new thread in here tomorrow around noon I'm sure.

Mcklooks
    Mcklooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 379

Looking a day ahead, I really like Illinois +2 vs Minnesota on Thursday

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Unfortunately I didn't get the cincy pick in - forgot it was a noon game.

I still like Washington and eastern Michigan but the lines have moved out of my favor... Still debating these. Now it's wash-2.5 and emu+2...

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

FYI I took a ML Parlay: ND & NMU MLs (-200)