wager1
    wager1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Michigan not putting theyre players at the free throw line at the end????

Already posted this, but figured it might not get scene where I posted it, and I really want some opions on this crap. I had huge money on Michigan ML. I was yelling at the tv when the idiot Michigan coach didnt have his players at the free throw lane when they were attempting the one and ones at the end. What the penetrate. First off, it makes it harder on the player to shoot just cause it feels like more pressure on him, with no one around him, IMO. And secondly if they miss, which they did both times, then you can maybe grab a ????? Rebound. What the hell was the logic of that moron not having his guys at the line during those one and ones. It was the MAINE reason they blew that game in my opinion! Cost me $500 bucks. WTF was the logic in that. Like you dont have any cares of getting a rebound??? Ive never seen that before, and knew immediately it would come back to haunt me, which it did. MORONIC!

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Beilein is not a very good coach IMO

jamt31
    jamt31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

It's not easier to hit free throws with your teammates lined up at the strike. You don't even notice it when your shooting free throws, it's you and the rim, nothing else. If a player gets rattled that his teammates aren't lined up then he shouldn't be in the game. It was a strategy that stops the fast break, you don't want to give up an odd numbered break late in the game, especially with the very quick guards Indiana has.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by jamt31 View Post
    It's not easier to hit free throws with your teammates lined up at the strike. You don't even notice it when your shooting free throws, it's you and the rim, nothing else. If a player gets rattled that his teammates aren't lined up then he shouldn't be in the game. It was a strategy that stops the fast break, you don't want to give up an odd numbered break late in the game, especially with the very quick guards Indiana has.
    ask any player including myself that has played. you are 100% wrong about that. it does make a difference

jamt31
    jamt31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

It doesn't make a difference at all. I played D1 college ball myself, it makes no difference at all. For good shooters it's about rhythm not whats around you.

wager1

You are dead wrong. It def makes a differnce. Ive played ball my whole life, and know for a fact it makes a differnce. It adds presure when none of your teamates are there, it just does. Its a mental thing, but its defintiely there. And no one is answering the other part of the question which is you have your guys there incase of the miss, which they did both times, for the REBOUND!!!! Michigan would of gotten back on defense knowing the situation, you dont have to have them all off the line. When I saw it happening I just knew it was an omen of things to come. MORONIC in my opionon. Saying if he misses the front end, hey Indiana just catch the ball, we wont have our guys there, to maybe grab a board. It was MORONIC!!!

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

Horrible grammar in the title btw

wager1

Why, because I didnt put a they're instead of theyre. Shut your mouth if you have nothing of importance to contribute, peon.

the fatts
    the fatts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 452

I was wondering that myself - though maybe I had too much to drink as I asked everybody where the rest of their fckn team was when they went to the line during the last minute. Makes no sense, you can have 2 players back, 2 on the line with the shooter and you are not compromised, especially with the lineup MI had in there at the end. TC looked like he could have used a cocktail in that plastic cup he kept sippin out of, Indy looked terrrible and I thought my $$ was gone - until MI and Bielien gave me the miracle cover then the win...