Magnificent
    Just tryin to be Jay Bilas...
    Magnificent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1118

Dreams Vanished! (or Money...however you'd like to interpret it!)

Welp...I've had a hell of a run, But the books have squeezed me in the last week down to virtually nothing! I built my bank up to almost $1000 from $300 in the past 5 weeks. Last weekend I took a good hit turning about $400 of it in. I regained a fair amount of that between Monday and Wednesday, and had a meltdown of a day (mostly attributed to my day in real life) where I just bet everything and anything with a terrible attitude rolling into a terrible day on Thursday. I was down to below my Original 300 going into Friday and again bounced back with a solid Friday and a little above even, Saturday turning my bank back to about 600. Today I got squeezed by the half point on Wichita, and watched most of the rest of my Money diminish on my 2nd consecutive "Michigan Meltdown Sunday". I'm holding on for dear life with only $180 left (the Michigan Meltdown, and the half point on Wichita wouldve netted me another 1100 between straights and parlays). I'm ready to go all in on one game or perhaps do a parlay for two teams to try and get back to the point where I can make some solid straight plays with a bank of at least 600 for the tourney. Its either that or make a redeposit when the tourney starts. I can admit that I am DEJECTED!!! In the last 2 weeks I've had over $2000 fall thru the cracks on games that were locked up with a cushion of 3-5 points over the spread in the last minute or less, with the exception being the Mich v. MSU game where Mich was up by 10 with a lil over 2 min and needed to win by 5, and the Wichita game today where they really were out of it but came back to be in the cover range, to lose it out in the last 20 sec. This is a grossly bad run, and lets me know that I have NO CONTROL over the outcomes, no matter how good I think my selections are, and how many factors I put in place. I wish I couldve been on the recieving end of some of that luck in a more positive manner, and I have pulled out miracles before to cover a game, but NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to being on the good end of things that I'm describing now. I went hard on the Michigan game, and I suppose that was my fault, but I still feel it was a good bet (just a losing one)...tough tough run I'm on!!! I think I'm gonna nail a two teamer in the next day or so tho...I have a good feeling about being back on my feet before the tourney lands...LETS GET IT!!!

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Need to start cashing out more often.... House money turns to lost money pretty quickly once you start seeing all those extra dollars at your disposal.

Magnificent

tru...but my original plan was to roll all the way thru the Big Dance. I kinda over extended myself as I stepped up my wager amounts when I was winning a bit there. I dont really have the best money management plan in place at the moment. I'm mostly disciplined enough to keep the same wager amounts in place, but sometimes I will fly off the handle and step them up TOO much. All of that wouldve been fine and dandy if those games hit. But I am kinda scratching my head at how many of these games have turned sour on me in the waning seconds of the game (even tho I know this happens often, just not so sure that it happens at this high of a percentage to one particular player often) I'm def making a lot of good selections, I just am in a tough stretch as far as games going the wrong way on me, as opposed to the opposite spectrum of games turning good on a player when they arent looking great in the waning moments, which I hope to have happen to me on a good stretch next season sometime (too late for that stretch to happen this year now). This is really the first year that I have gotten half way serious about NCAABB betting, so I have a lot to learn as far as money management and even games, line movements, and everything else in general. But $$$ and bet management are where I have to make up my biggest ground.

Magnificent

I really really want to go for the gusto and throw my last 200 on a two team parlay or something. But I probably should see if I can snipe off a couple hundred or so in the next week making my normal $22-$44 straight bets and try to jog into the tourney at least a lil ahead of where I started and then go for the Gusto in the last weekend of the tourney if I make it that far. What do you think? Anyone else? I can smell the money I almost won...lol...