PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Big East Confirms Plan To Split

After weeks of negotiations and rumors, the Big East conference finally confirmed on Friday that its basketball-first members will split away from the conference's football schools as of July 1.

The Big East's press release announcing the separation stated that "after several weeks of cordial and professional discussions, a definitive agreement has been reached that will enable a mutually-beneficial separation of some of the league's current members and allow an orderly formation of a new conference by the seven basketball schools."
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...on_July_1.html

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

shame

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    shame
    very big shame

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7787

i'll tell you what a very big shame is, the remaining league members are now called the america 12 conference.

fukking america 12.

being a memphis fan, and telling a fellow co-worker who grew up with and remains friends with several memphis local greats from the 90s...

"did you hear the catholic schools are splitting from the big east, they get to keep the name, and the league memphis is in will be called the america 12??" his response: fukked up facial expression like he was dodging someone trying to spray lemon juice in his eye, then "mayne, slaw just follow memphis wherever they go."

could not have said that shit better myself.

texhooper

by the way, in their inaugural year, they will have only 10 teams, with plans of adding a couple other schmo-ass teams over the next couple of years. let me go on record as saying this shitty conference will never have 12 members because they will continue to get fukked in their slaw asses over and over. they will add teams but teams will just continue to leave left and right.

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

They gotta stop including #s in the names, that shit changes every other year

texhooper

AND stop using the word 'america'. they committed 2 cardinal sins in a 2 word name. just fukking shameful.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

I can go to wawa and buy my own copy of the daily news

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    I can go to wawa and buy my own copy of the daily news
    Sheetz > Wawa

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

The original Big East conference was always known for their great basketball. It was only when they got cute, and tried to be something they are not, a football conference, did they start their downfall. When football didn't work, and teams started to depart, they got cute again, and thought they could just bring anyone into the fold to stay relevant. Now they are nothing.