Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Akron Zips Starting PG Arrested

@JeffEisenberg: There's no good time to have your point guard arrested for drug trafficking, but this is especially bad for Akron. http://t.co/KhynNuAhvT

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Any type of controversy like this usually means FADE THE SH!T OUT OF THE TEAM!

ie: Wyoming this season & they're pathetic losing streak after their starting PG was arrested from a bar fight.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Unreal, how can a guy like that with all that basketball smarts have meatloaf for brains off the court.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

dudes a hustler....

terrible time to get pinched.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

pound akron

breakingbad
    breakingbad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3020

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Unreal, how can a guy like that with all that basketball smarts have meatloaf for brains off the court.
    yeah he should of never went to Akron to play, should of went to University of Colorado or Washington State, wouldnt of been an issue, crazy stupid drug laws

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    pound akron
    Stupid. He is the team captain and VERY important to the team, the floor general. Akron will struggle without him.
    Kent St rivaly, espn game and line went from +10 Kent to +8 already. Pounding Akron...not smart

This is not a nba situation where a player is missing and everyone else steps up. Expect a close game

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

dude is broke now broken

JOHNNY DOBBS
    JOHNNY DOBBS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

does anyone think this will affect the total? new point guard= less points??

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

I would think new point guard would = less points. My guess is that Freshman Carmelo Betancourt would be the new starter. But he only averages about 9 minutes a game so its difficult to extrapolate his stuff to starting minutes. Let's say he plays 27 minutes, his line would be 6 points, 4 assists and 5 turnovers. So having a negative turnover/assist ratio is not a good thing. But his minutes have been so limited that I dont want to truly make a prediction.

What I do know is that Abreu was the floor general, was the best 3 point thread Akron had, and had a 2:1 assist/turnover ratio

My play is personally on the +9

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

this is such a shame. they should've waited until after the tourney to take delivery of this package. team first. in fact, i'm right up the road in Cleveland and i'd have gladly hung onto it for them for a few weeks. such a shame. Kent tonight for me. Zeke and Tree get more press, and they have a good all-around team, but Abreu was Akron's most important and difficult-to-replace player. this is big.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

What a blow. Worst time of the year for sure. Should have waited a couple of weeks. Akron is done, write them off.

Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Akron looks terrible

Frank-King
    Frank-King's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7167

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    pound akron
    I hope you did

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Losing your starting PG really does hurt. Especially when your backup is an inexperienced freshman. Akron went from being the "cool underdog pick" to probably not even making the big dance with a drop of 500lbs of weed.