Magnificent
    Just tryin to be Jay Bilas...
    Magnificent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1118

According to VI....99% public pick...can anyone else verify with another site?

Air Force -4 being picked at 99% by the public. Sometimes it says this on the main page, but if you click the "BT Movement" link, than it will show you an updated number that is sometimes different from what is on the front page. I always do this when using the Public Percentage as a weight in my selection. All that aside, I always will pick a team that is less than 5% in the publics eyes. I was reading someones post earlier that AF is their "Lock...blah blah blah" which people put all the time. I would reconsider if this was "My Lock" based solely on the Betting Publics opinion. I know you cant always put too much emphasis on that, but like I said, I always pick the team getting less than 5% of the publics wagers. Gonna have to keep a close eye on this one as it is on the 9PM EST slate of the card tonight, and see if this number decreases in popularity. If at 840 PM or so, it is still over 95%, than I will be locking in on Wyoming!

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

I see like slightly over 80% according to another site but it is a huge percentage no matter what way u look at it.

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Matters what site you are on, and how gullible the consumer is in believing those numbers having any validity.

Magnificent

I agree that 80% is a big discrepancy...but I dont get as worried when I have a pick that is in that range. 99% in my eyes, means that the other side is GOING to cover! Books arent in the business of making lines that 99% of the people hit...I'm sure it has happened before, but I'm willing to bet 4 out of 5 times it doesnt hit. If I see it at 80% I probably will have no action on it at all. But if I see anything over 95%, as I mentioned earlier, I will be on Wyoming!

Thanks for the info btw...

For good measure, what site did you use for reference?

esulima
    esulima's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5486

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
    Air Force -4 being picked at 99% by the public. Sometimes it says this on the main page, but if you click the "BT Movement" link, than it will show you an updated number that is sometimes different from what is on the front page. I always do this when using the Public Percentage as a weight in my selection. All that aside, I always will pick a team that is less than 5% in the publics eyes. I was reading someones post earlier that AF is their "Lock...blah blah blah" which people put all the time. I would reconsider if this was "My Lock" based solely on the Betting Publics opinion. I know you cant always put too much emphasis on that, but like I said, I always pick the team getting less than 5% of the publics wagers. Gonna have to keep a close eye on this one as it is on the 9PM EST slate of the card tonight, and see if this number decreases in popularity. If at 840 PM or so, it is still over 95%, than I will be locking in on Wyoming!
    whats the name of the site u got that percent from????

Magnificent

VI is Vegas Insider dot com

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

UNLV was in wyoming this weekend favored by 2.5.. a joke of a line I thought..and UNLV raped by double digits as expected. Only difference here is they go on the road while still missing their 2 best players..why should it play out any differently?
    95%+ of my ncaa betting goes against the public. Not this one. Im on AF.
    GL to you

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Where do you see 99% it's not even close
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
    I agree that 80% is a big discrepancy...but I dont get as worried when I have a pick that is in that range. 99% in my eyes, means that the other side is GOING to cover! Books arent in the business of making lines that 99% of the people hit...I'm sure it has happened before, but I'm willing to bet 4 out of 5 times it doesnt hit. If I see it at 80% I probably will have no action on it at all. But if I see anything over 95%, as I mentioned earlier, I will be on Wyoming!

Thanks for the info btw...

For good measure, what site did you use for reference?

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

95% of bets were on kansas last night and they covered

WMtribe17
    WMtribe17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by jinxpro13 View Post
    UNLV was in wyoming this weekend favored by 2.5.. a joke of a line I thought..and UNLV raped by double digits as expected. Only difference here is they go on the road while still missing their 2 best players..why should it play out any differently?
    95%+ of my ncaa betting goes against the public. Not this one. Im on AF.
    GL to you
    FYI - Washington is probable to play tonight. He didn't play in the game against UNLV.

Magnificent

Quote Originally Posted by 16johnnymac View Post
    Where do you see 99% it's not even close
    I saw this at Vegas Insider. Yes it was 99% at the time of this post. It is at 95% now. If anyone else has other sites let them be known.

To the poster about Kansas last night being 95%...they absolutely were not bet on at that high of a percentage...more like 80%...and we know the final result is the final result, but Iowa St. got jobbed at least a little bit.

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

[wow i have iphone ap with odds they are aforce ml 68 % ats 75% QUOTE=Magnificent;17933766]I saw this at Vegas Insider. Yes it was 99% at the time of this post. It is at 95% now. If anyone else has other sites let them be known.

To the poster about Kansas last night being 95%...they absolutely were not bet on at that high of a percentage...more like 80%...and we know the final result is the final result, but Iowa St. got jobbed at least a little bit.[/QUOTE]

jimm246
    Update your status
    jimm246's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2652

90% was on ATL Hawks and they cover last night

Magnificent

Quote Originally Posted by jimm246 View Post
    90% was on ATL Hawks and they cover last night
    Yes, this DOES HAPPEN....and 90% again is different than 95%...I want to make myself clear on that...I notice when it gets into the single digits more often than not the Team not favored in the court of public opinion takes the line. Either way, this is my observation and way of thinking. Does it make Wyoming an automatic win? No...but I will choose Wyoming if this game is still in the 95% range for AF...thats that..

Magnificent

Now we are at 73%...so we are out of the danger zone....still something to look at with Trend Movement...but off my radar nonetheless