Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting against Public -Sharp vs Square

Guys been studying this shit for awhile.

If a home team is a public favorite it doesnt really make as much of a difference. Go
    ahead and bet the home team and lay the points as long as the spread is under 5 points and doesnt have 70% or more of the action.

However if a road team is laying points and is the public favorite of 65% or more
    FADE AWAY!

Now if your looking at a public underdog as long as its under 80% of the money
    dont worry if the public is on it or not. It doesnt make a difference in the outcome.

The best possible scenario you can get is a home underdog with all the public
    action coming on the road favorite.

Just a little food for thought. Please share your opinions

But basically i'm saying If you like the underdog dont worry if the public also likes your play. Especially if your getting 8 or more points.

124's Avatar Become A Pro!

I use to study this same thing as well. Its very frustrating, but in my honest opinion. I think it varies from game to game and team to team. There could be many factories that lead to this for example; Refs, Players, COACHES (which I think control a lot of the spreads and the officials need to look more into this) For a long time, I use to think games were "rigged" / "fixed" but now I know better.

Bottom line, Public % on a team has nothing to do with outcome of the game. Even tho I dont like to accept it, its the truth. Truth hurts!

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Bottom line, Public % on a team has nothing to do with outcome of the game. Even tho I dont like to accept it, its the truth. Truth hurts!
    I try to not even look at where the money is when placing my bets. Just messes with your head too much. Cap the game and have confidence in your work

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I try to not even look at where the money is when placing my bets. Just messes with your head too much. Cap the game and have confidence in your work
    Agreed, but its so hard not too look. and when u do!! u r F***ed cuz boy does it mess with your head!

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

i definitely agree it messes with your head too much. Especially last night.

I guess maybe its best used to look at right before you submit with your wager
    to either confirm or back out of your bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Beer Guy View Post
    i definitely agree it messes with your head too much. Especially last night.

I guess maybe its best used to look at right before you submit with your wager
    to either confirm or back out of your bet.

lol then u will be like this when u backed out and your play hit!