No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Interesting lines tonight

Tulsa is only -2.5 over East Carolina at home. Teams have virtually identical records and haven't played each other yet. ECU hasn't been anything special on the road. Tulsa is 8-3 at home. Tulsa 7-2 ATS L-9. Correction may be coming. Small upset may be in order.

9-16 Auburn is favored over 15-10 Texas A&M. Why? Tigers are at home, but they've lost three straight and aren't really going anywhere. Aggies have struggled to close games out on the road, though. Might be in for another close setback in this spot.

Providence is +12.5 at Syracuse. Friars have lost one game all year by more than 10 points, and they're currently on a four-game winning streak. Is this line high for a reason, or a KenPom gift from the books?

Rhode Island is only +2.5 against Xavier. X always a big public play and RI is awful. Why are the Muskateers not at least -4 here? Because RI is starting to come around a little under Danny Hurley and no one has really noticed.

Long Beach State has been rolling, and Cal-Davis is never really a challenge to them (or anyone else for that matter), yet they're only -8 at home? Backdoor cover for UC-D perhaps?
    Last edited by No coincidences; 02-20-13 at 10:12 AM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

rhode island is a strange team, normally they suck then every now and again they rise up and play a solid team tough,,i remember i backed them @ slu simply cause i thought the number was to high for slu to cover (think it was something like 14), fukkers came in here and actually won the gm... then of coarse they go on to lose 6 in a row before beating a decent dayton team,,,they take a shitload of treys and dont really shoot a very good percentage so guess makes sense that if they actually have a good night from behind the arc they turn into a ok team (broken clock right twice a day and all).. xavier nothing special and their road resume not very impressive so i think line makes sense, no real interest, xavier should own the glass and get plenty of ft attempts but not like they shoot those all that well and whether ri can hit 3s tonight is anyone's guess??

Maybe im a sucker but i hopped on provo+13 soon as LK pointed this one out..hopefully it a "kenpom gift" as you put it

no freaking clue with aub/a&m, really dont follow sec all that closely for as good as they are at fb the hoops is unwatchable for the most part..i see aub has a kid that shoots 29% from 3 and has shot freaking 153 of them! think if im the coach i put a leash on that guy, lol....

same w conf usa, with my time being kinda limited this year there some conf i just havnt kept up w and this one of them as the basketball is crap anyways...

i thought the CoC line was curiously short as well, CoC has been a strong road team all yr and western carolina hasnt beaten a school in the top 200...i couldnt really convince myself of a reason not to play it tho so on CoC-2.5...

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

I like st. john's -7 vs south florida.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

X with a couple big games at home coming up, could be looking ahead here. have VCU at home and them memphis.

RI wins tonight.