OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mizzou +5.5 what am I missing?

Getting 5.5 at home on national TV? For anyone who has been betting since at least 2010 tell me how this goes. I think they have a great shot to win this SU. Theyre bad losses on the road are all by 3 points or less outside of Florida. They didnt have their best player than and theyre something like 35-4 at home over the last 4 years in conference games. Revenge spot...I just don't understand what I'm missing.

NjSunDvlSal
    NjSunDvlSal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

I agree, I really like Mizzou today.

YungCiroq
    YungCiroq's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gators will win in a landslide, they're defense is going to stifle Mizzou

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Mizzou ML. Different team at home and Bowers has some games under his belt now.

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mizzou is an inept team when is comes to rebounding, and ok @ home in terms of turnovers. Those are the two stats that you should pay attention to. They are the two that determine how many possessions a team have in any game, outside the pace of play. Florida will kill them on the boards, and play great defense.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Florida won by 31 last month at home. And they're on fire, winning in double digits on the road consistently (forget about Arkansas). So the gators look dominant and can their roll be stopped???

Meanwhile, Mizzou is undefeated at home, they now have bowers back (huge upswing) and Florida is missing Yeguete (who had a big game vs mizzou). This looks scary so I'm stayin the hell away. If I HAD to I would bet gators, cuz it sure is hard to bet against em.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by EASports View Post
    Mizzou is an inept team when is comes to rebounding, and ok @ home in terms of turnovers. Those are the two stats that you should pay attention to. They are the two that determine how many possessions a team have in any game, outside the pace of play. Florida will kill them on the boards, and play great defense.

umm, they are something like 10th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage and 31st controlling the defensive glass...not exactly what i would call inept...dont like pressey against teams that force turnovers tho (which fla does), just dont trust that kid, he might go off or he might turn it over a ton, who knows? if i liked fla the points wouldnt scare me cause they blow everyone they beat out by dd, if i liked mizzzou id play the ml cause if they that close it means pressey is having a good gm and they prob find a way to pull it out... hell if i know tho, i just dont trust pressey so passing..

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post
    Getting 5.5 at home on national TV? For anyone who has been betting since at least 2010 tell me how this goes. I think they have a great shot to win this SU. Theyre bad losses on the road are all by 3 points or less outside of Florida. They didnt have their best player than and theyre something like 35-4 at home over the last 4 years in conference games. Revenge spot...I just don't understand what I'm missing.

My power ranking has Florida 96 - 86 Missouri = 10 less 4 for home court giving spread of 6 the opening number.

Reasons for Florida, they are the number 1 team IMO especially when their main big man comes back for March Madness, impressive defensively, offensively, at home or away.

Reason for Missouri, Missouri is very different team at home than on the road but having said they are getting closer to win more regularly on the road, the looked adequate against the press when they played Arkansas but Florida do it much better and have guards to turn those t/o into pts, Florida could be looking ahead to Arkansas @ home who smacked them when they had a flat game on the road. All of Florida's losses have been on the road.

I will pass on this game because even if i wanted Missouri, there is no value in the number less than 6 never-mind the fact that Florida usually blow the spread when the cover. Recommendation if you will not pass is to play Missouri ML and Florida spread together with ratio of 60:40 because i believe Florida will either have another blowout cover or lose straight up.

jamt31
    jamt31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Missouri ranks 2nd in nation in rebounding. Averaging 42.2 per game, and have outrebounded their past seven opponents by an average of 14. LOL Inept??? You drunk?

EASports

Quote Originally Posted by jamt31 View Post
    Missouri ranks 2nd in nation in rebounding. Averaging 42.2 per game, and have outrebounded their past seven opponents by an average of 14. LOL Inept??? You drunk?
    Nope, just wrong. I was mistaken, and still treating this years team like those of Mike Andersens past.

W/o Yuegete, UF will most likely be out rebounded.

Brp27345
    Most likely a winner...
    Brp27345's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Florida has won of 9 of their last 10 by double digits including this same Missouri team by 31... that's like saying the Chiefs will get revenge on the Pats because they lost the first match up... Florida is a Final 4 team this year... Missouri isn't a Sweet 16 team... enough said....

OhMyEli

Quote Originally Posted by Brp27345 View Post
    Florida has won of 9 of their last 10 by double digits including this same Missouri team by 31... that's like saying the Chiefs will get revenge on the Pats because they lost the first match up... Florida is a Final 4 team this year... Missouri isn't a Sweet 16 team... enough said....
    They were missing their best player (by far) the first time around. Also the swing from a loss on road to Ole Miss where they lost by 15 to a home win by 19 is a +34 point swing for a home-away in the only example they have so far.
    I think I understand why I fall for these road faves so often is because I truly don't know much about the fave, on paper this looks like a blowout, but having watched these two teams a lot I see how I lose taking random faves I think should have easy wins on the road.

Edit: Also have you ever played bball at a high level? FLA was in the lead the whole way around, and when a team is sound and is up from the get go at home whether they win by 7 or 37 it doesnt matter, they were out of it, the exact number is irrelevant.

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

Mizzo is a no brainer. Great value at home

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

1 2 T
    #17 MIZZ 23 29 52
    #10 FLA 40 43 83

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I'm a Florida fan and this is a tough spot in a hostile environment. The 3 keys to the game will be...
    - How well Pressey plays. Will he be a turnover machine or will he distribute the ball effectively?
    - Can UFs bigs stay out of foul trouble. Murphy and Young have to play smart.
    - Can UF keep Mizzou off the boards for extra possessions.

This should be a close game. The line tells me that Mizzou is the play tonight but I'm going to lay off this game and just enjoy it. If UF jumps on them early and quiets the crowd it could get ugly but I think Mizzou will make it a grind out, slow, plodding, physical game.UF is not good at getting to the FT line so the refs could have a big say.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by Brp27345 View Post
    Because the better team always wins in college basketball? Ok.....

Mac4Lyfe

Gators jumped on Mizzou early but couldn't step on their heart. Mizzou with a late first half surge to close down 3 at half. Should be a good 2nd half coming up. Not sure who wants it more.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

We turned up Now!!!

Mac4Lyfe

Refs gifting this game to Mizzou. Some of the worst calls against one team I've seen in a loooong time. They called a travel on Pat Young when he didn't even have the ball. That was bullshit.

OhMyEli

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Refs gifting this game to Mizzou. Some of the worst calls against one team I've seen in a loooong time. They called a travel on Pat Young when he didn't even have the ball. That was bullshit.
    They just called it the other way in the last 20 seconds. I can't stand when homers post about their team on this board

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Gators jumped on Mizzou early but couldn't step on their heart. Mizzou with a late first half surge to close down 3 at half. Should be a good 2nd half coming up. Not sure who wants it more.
    Mizzou CASH

meader99

Boom......

mistermatt891
    mistermatt891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 397

got in a live bet for +4.5

6-0-1 tonight now

Mac4Lyfe

WTF? Did you even read my posts? I said Mizzou was the play tonight. I laid out the 3 key points that were all key to the win. I merely mentioned that the refs called some horrible calls against Florida and you can't stand when homers post on the board??? Who the fuk are you?

To be fair, the refs called the same bullshit travel against Mizzou later in the game. Both of those plays were not travels and the refs need to freshen up on their rule book. Incompetence for sure but Mizzou still got the benefit of the whistle tonight but deserved the win as they out played UF.

Congratulations on your win, as I mentioned I didn't have any money on this one but if I did it would have been with Mizzou. I just call it as I see it and home cooking in NCAAbb has to be a part of your betting angle.

Good job

They just called it the other way in the last 20 seconds. I can't stand when homers post about their team on this board

Mac4Lyfe

If this wasn't spot on, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm a Florida fan and this is a tough spot in a hostile environment. The 3 keys to the game will be...
    - How well Pressey plays. Will he be a turnover machine or will he distribute the ball effectively?
    - Can UFs bigs stay out of foul trouble. Murphy and Young have to play smart.
    - Can UF keep Mizzou off the boards for extra possessions.

This should be a close game. The line tells me that Mizzou is the play tonight but I'm going to lay off this game and just enjoy it. If UF jumps on them early and quiets the crowd it could get ugly but I think Mizzou will make it a grind out, slow, plodding, physical game.UF is not good at getting to the FT line so the refs could have a big say.

OhMyEli

If this wasn't spot on, I don't know what to tell you.
    Your three points were spot on. However, Mizz does not play a slow, plodding, physical game, their past two coaches have never for one second had that philosophy.

Also was I not spot on with my 34 point away-home swing heh (as that BRP guy called the easy win for FLA).

Anyways like I said above, I honestly understand why I get so frustrated playing faves on the road, if I knew nothing about these two teams it would look like an easy FLA win, but it's so obvious Mizz was the play. If I had time to watch so many more teams play I feel like I would be so much more successful, but just seeing the numbers like those who were convinced of a FLA wins is a sure fire way to lose. I think playing homedogs is automatic from here on out.

Mac4Lyfe

63 - 60 is a very slow plodding game for 2 teams that both average 75+ per game. Mizzou got physical and pounded UF on the boards (35-26) which was the difference in the game.

Florida has problems closing out games. They've lost like 9 out of the last 10 games decided by 8 points or less. They either blow teams out or lose huge leads. They had several chances to put Mizzou away but Mizzou kept clawing back. In the 2nd half UF was up 14 and was about to go up 16 when the refs called a questionable charging call. Then the very next play Mizzou hits a 3 to cut it to 11 then UF turns the ball over for another Mizzou and 1. Lead cut to 8 and it's nut hugging time.

UF settles for too many jump shots late in halfs which doesn't bode well in crunch time. Look back at their last few losses over the years and they've lost some horrible games like tonight where they had big leads. Beating Arizona this year by 20 and lost. Beating Louisville by 16 in last years elite 8 with 10 minutes to go and somehow losing and the year before beating Butler in the elite 8 by 15 with 8 minutes only to lose that one. Gator fans are never comfortable with close games. More times than not, we lose those games by taking what the fukk 3's in the end. UF lives and die by the 3 which isn't good if you don't go inside out.

OhMyEli

63 - 60 is a very slow plodding game for 2 teams that both average 75+ per game. Mizzou got physical and pounded UF on the boards (35-26) which was the difference in the game.

Florida has problems closing out games. They've lost like 9 out of the last 10 games decided by 8 points or less. They either blow teams out or lose huge leads. They had several chances to put Mizzou away but Mizzou kept clawing back. In the 2nd half UF was up 14 and was about to go up 16 when the refs called a questionable charging call. Then the very next play Mizzou hits a 3 to cut it to 11 then UF turns the ball over for another Mizzou and 1. Lead cut to 8 and it's nut hugging time.

UF settles for too many jump shots late in halfs which doesn't bode well in crunch time. Look back at their last few losses over the years and they've lost some horrible games like tonight where they had big leads. Beating Arizona this year by 20 and lost. Beating Louisville by 16 in last years elite 8 with 10 minutes to go and somehow losing and the year before beating Butler in the elite 8 by 15 with 8 minutes only to lose that one. Gator fans are never comfortable with close games. More times than not, we lose those games by taking what the fukk 3's in the end. UF lives and die by the 3 which isn't good if you don't go inside out.
    63-60 is because Florida controlled the tempo, Mizzou had 39 points with 10 minutes left and got nearly 60% of their total to that point in the last 10 minutes when they were able to play their style. Trust me, Haith nor Anderson were ever about a slow plodding game, thats where they get criticism because of this. Mizzou is one of those random teams I like watching and it sounds like as a Fla fan you don't know much about them.
    Anyway, I had the same feeling with Florida here, I just missed a live Mizzou +11.5 before their little spurt, but I was on Florida at Arizona when they had that epic collapse I am well versed on Florida choking late.

EASports

Florida had the lead throught, until about 1 minute left the the game. Mizzou is an early out in the tourny.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida had the lead throught, until about 1 minute left the the game. Mizzou is an early out in the tourny.
    Lol ok. It's throughout not 'throught'... EASports sucks.... and Mizzou will be a team that nobody wants to see in the tourney

EASports

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Lol ok. It's throughout not 'throught'... EASports sucks.... and Mizzou will be a team that nobody wants to see in the tourney
    EA stands for my initials Eugene Andersen, and this game is ridiculously good.

Frisco

EA stands for my initials Eugene Andersen, and this game is ridiculously good.

Don't play soccer games but people seem to really like it

EASports

EA has given up on their NBa franchise, and the madden is getting stale. Seems all of the innovative thinkers are working on the Fifa franchise.

Frisco

EA has given up on their NBa franchise, and the madden is getting stale. Seems all of the innovative thinkers are working on the Fifa franchise.
    Haven't enjoyed a Madden installment in at least half a decade.