Magnificent
    Just tryin to be Jay Bilas...
    Magnificent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1118

Holds more weight...Last 2 weeks how a team plays, or a big result 5-6 weeks ago?

I've had my eye on S. Ill and played them 3 times victoriously in the past two weeks. They are playing tougher defense (they force a shit ton on turnovers) and are hitting a lot more shots than they had been in the first two months of the season! I really really want to take the 16 points tomorrow against Creighton (who hasnt been playing well) and obviouly live by the 3 (which they havent been connecting recently as well as they have all year)

On to the big result...Creighton smashed S. ILL by 30 on the road, and connected over 60% from the field and hit 12 3s at a 60% clip. In the same game, Creighton commited 18 turnovers...which in my eyes is a recipie for disaster...but not when your opponent shoots 35% and you shoot 60% apparently!

My gut is to take the points and the team who has been more consistent over the past two weeks. Something also tells me that Creighton deserves to be favored by 16...oh yeah, THEY WON BY 30 ON THE ROAD...

S. Ill's ATS record is littered by streaks, a 4 game L streak and a 5 game L streak...also a 3 game W streak, and now currently a 4 game W streak...

As much as I want to take these points, I may have just talked myself out of even selecting it at all with all of this info!

Perspective?...

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the play.

As you said, Creighton has not been the same team that shot 60% on the road. When they DO shoot like that, they can roll anyone on S.Ill's level. But will they?

As you said, S.Ill has been playing MUCH better D.

s.ill is a team I felt was really underachieving the first two months. They are starting to put the pieces together, and playing MUCH harder.

IF Creighton goes off and wins big, that happens. But I dont think you can fault yourself for backing S. Ill in this spot.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

I'm up money, but when i put up a perspective it backfires in my face, and today proves it again. I'm sbr jinxed.

Magnificent
    Just tryin to be Jay Bilas...
    Magnificent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1118

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetBuysDanK View Post
    I like the play.

As you said, Creighton has not been the same team that shot 60% on the road. When they DO shoot like that, they can roll anyone on S.Ill's level. But will they?

As you said, S.Ill has been playing MUCH better D.

s.ill is a team I felt was really underachieving the first two months. They are starting to put the pieces together, and playing MUCH harder.

IF Creighton goes off and wins big, that happens. But I dont think you can fault yourself for backing S. Ill in this spot.
    Welp...Ya just mightve talked me back into it! Atleast I'm not blindly being talked into it (I refuse to ever piggyback blindly!)...I see both sides of it, and I'm going with my first gut! Thanks for the motivatoin Gipp!