BlackRob
    BlackRob's Avatar Become A Pro!

UNC -3.5 @ Georgia Tech

Any reason to not take UNC here? Just making sure I haven't missed any injury news or anything. Looks like a good play to me. UNC has been playing better since they adjusted their lineup. They gave Duke a run for their money @ Cameron. UNC already beat GT pretty convincingly already.

mistermatt891
    mistermatt891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 397

Recent Results when North Carolina visits Georgia Tech

Date AwayTeam Score HomeTeam Score HomeLine Total
    January 16, 2011 North Carolina 58 Georgia Tech 78 6.0 147.0
    March 11, 2010 North Carolina 58 Georgia Tech 62 -3.5 143.5
    February 16, 2010 North Carolina 51 Georgia Tech 68 -5.5 148.0
    January 16, 2008 North Carolina 83 Georgia Tech 82
    March 1, 2007 North Carolina 77 Georgia Tech 84
    March 12, 2004 North Carolina 82 Georgia Tech 83
    February 10, 2004 North Carolina 77 Georgia Tech 88

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

The above explains why the number is so low. Thought it would be Tarheels atleast -5 or 6

So they struggle at GT....might have to look again at this one before pulling the trigger. UNC is the obvious square play and I'll bet they are a public fave atleast 75% at that number.

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep my fear is this is rigged and the books want us to take UNC.

G-Tech is decent at home. But UNC is a much better team.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

pounding nc moneyline when it's up

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Da Beer Guy View Post
    yep my fear is this is rigged and the books want us to take UNC.

G-Tech is decent at home. But UNC is a much better team.

only at fukkin sbr

so you saying that unc is this juggernaut team and the only way they dont struggle with a gtech team that will force them into a half court gm and play d is if the gm is "rigged"??? ya'll got some serious issues man..that is all..

ronniejamedio
    ronniejamedio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2250

If they are rigging huge soccer games, they are rigging college bball games. Oregon two nights ago obvious. tie game guy fouls at half court with 2 secs left, letting oregon win by 2 and stay inside the 3.5. Tonight in west v. vs. k state, state dominating all game and looks to be an easy cover. virginia scores the last 7 points, with the last two coming at over a kstate turnover with 20 seconds left and allowing virginia to score an uncontested layup. winning by 10 with a 10.5 point spread.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ronniejamedio View Post
    If they are rigging huge soccer games, they are rigging college bball games. Oregon two nights ago obvious. tie game guy fouls at half court with 2 secs left, letting oregon win by 2 and stay inside the 3.5. Tonight in west v. vs. k state, state dominating all game and looks to be an easy cover. virginia scores the last 7 points, with the last two coming at over a kstate turnover with 20 seconds left and allowing virginia to score an uncontested layup. winning by 10 with a 10.5 point spread.
    limits a little lower on college hoops than big time soccer ace, not to mention if we talking unc and bigger type schools a lot of ppl playing and involved in that program have more at stake than some 3rd world f@ggit ass soccer...dont get me wrong no doubt there has been and prob still are some fixed college gms, prob more so at smaller schools but to suggest a avg at best unc team couldnt lose to gtech w/o it being fixed is just being ignorant about the sport....

and kst not giving a shit with huge lead late isnt exactly fixing, it flipping a coin laying dd in college hoops (except with gators it seems they like to win by dd) ,,,i had wvu tt under 58.5 and gm un 127 so shit didnt exactly go my way either but seriously doubt it was fixed..
    Last edited by 2daBank; 02-19-13 at 01:33 AM.

ronniejamedio

Guys move money on a lot of books man. Can easily do 1 mil on ten books (i.e. billy walters). And third world soccer? champions league games, as well as wc qualifiers from all over the world were involved. Lets be honest nova and k state prolly the two biggest plays for public on board today, and both stayed just inside their numbers. Check out the oregon wash st game from two nights ago. I bought a point on k state and won, but a 3 pointer at the end i would of lost too. Dont be blind and not think games are rigged. One of my rules is if a team is getting public action at more than 75 percent and the line moves the other way, something is up and stay away.

2daBank

ok then,,kst gm was fixed,, now it makes sense..dont be delusional and think all these gms are fixed, i can see just fine and like i said im sure a gm gets fixed from time to time but you have pretty much decided they all are and that makes you far more delusional than i am blind...goodnight..

Mozzie7
    Mozzie7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRob View Post
    Any reason to not take UNC here? Just making sure I haven't missed any injury news or anything. Looks like a good play to me. UNC has been playing better since they adjusted their lineup. They gave Duke a run for their money @ Cameron. UNC already beat GT pretty convincingly already.
    I am not the biggest UNC fan this year -- I think they lack a go to scorer and McAdoo really hasn't lived up to the hype. As a result I have stayed off them most of the time this season. That said, I do think this line is too good to pass up -- GT is not a good team, they are better at home for sure, but I think UNC wins this battle.

BlackRob
    BlackRob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzie7 View Post
    I am not the biggest UNC fan this year -- I think they lack a go to scorer and McAdoo really hasn't lived up to the hype. As a result I have stayed off them most of the time this season. That said, I do think this line is too good to pass up -- GT is not a good team, they are better at home for sure, but I think UNC wins this battle.
    GT really lacks a scoring threat. Defensively, UNC owned the paint last time they played. I think they had like 11 blocks. I know UNC has had a rough time at GT in the past, but this is a bad GTech team. Their leading scorer barely averages over 10. I think UNC should win, but what do I know. I bought a half point to get it at -3, and I feel fairly comfortable with that. I am surprised the line hasn't move out to -4 or more yet.

ronniejamedio

I am not saying this game is fixed or most are fixed. I am saying some games could have players in on a take no doubt. But for example in this game with unc, I see 84 percent on unc and line still stuck at 3.5. That probably means some people with meaning played g tech therefore holding the line steady. books want unc action so I'm laying off. only way I play is to get the line at 1-2 points. or may parlay ml with marquette.

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

After further thought and capping, no play for me. I think UNC wins this one and I THINK they cover but I am not confident enough to even play a unit on it. Georgia Tech is really a bad team but they are tough at home. No play.

ronniejamedio

Yea there are better games to play than the ones that dont pass the smell test.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ronniejamedio View Post
    I am not saying this game is fixed or most are fixed. I am saying some games could have players in on a take no doubt. But for example in this game with unc, I see 84 percent on unc and line still stuck at 3.5. That probably means some people with meaning played g tech therefore holding the line steady. books want unc action so I'm laying off. only way I play is to get the line at 1-2 points. or may parlay ml with marquette.
    certainly possible and im sure it happens, i would think much less so with programs that have players w nba aspirations as that way too much risk to prob make no more than what they can get from agents and boosters which doesnt hurt their future like point shaving would...throw in as much influence refs have on the outcome and im sure some get bought from time to time, im not naive i just think sbr and gamblers in general are way to loose with the "fix" theories when more times than not it really isnt the case (there was a gm with usc a few yrs back when they were under all those sanctions where im pretty damn sure point shaving occurred, think there was big thread about it and me and goldengreek were both fuming, lol)....

far as this gm to me it totally understandable why the line where it is and why there money backing gtech,,sure it painful to watch gt on the offensive end but they do defend well and unc is prone to doing shit that helps bad offensive teams get easy baskets (see tex scoring 85!), gonna come down to how well gt can tow a fine line where they get easy baskets in transition w/o letting it turn into a track meet cause i think they perfectly capable of limiting unc in the half court... i dunno really, gun to head id prob play gtech but i dont really trust them and like some other gms better...gl with your plays

ronniejamedio

Yea I agree with you. We are all on the same team here. I would advise layoff this game it doesn't pass the standard tests. or if you want to make a play, its G.Tech.

ronniejamedio

85 percent on unc and 96 percent on ml. Why hasnt the books adjusted the line?