mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

New to this, opinions appreciated..

So I just started betting on Sports last week...I am using Bovada..is that a good site to use? are they legit?? Anyways..here these are my outcomes so far...i also would like anyones opinion on eastern wash vs. portland state?

February 14-

Wisconsin + 5 1/2 vs. Minnesota - Win
    Western Carolina + 2 1/2 vs. UNC Greensboro - Win
    George Mason + 3 1/2 vs. Drexel - Win
    Arizona -1 1/2 vs. Colorado - Loss
    Montana St. vs. Idaho St. - (PICK) Loss
    Gonzaga + 1 1/2 vs. St. Mary's CA - Win

February 15-

Dartmouth + 9 1/2 vs. Princeton - Loss
    Iona -2 1/2 vs. Manhattan - Loss

February 17-
    USC +8 vs. California - PUSH
    St. Louis Blues +125 Moneyline vs. Vancouver Canucks - Win
    NBA All Star Game UNDER 296- Win

February 18-
    Norfolk State -1 vs. Hampton - Win
    William & Mary +2 vs. Georgia State - Win
    Notre Dame vs. Pittsburgh UNDER 121 - Win

Grand total: 9-4-1

I'm a college student and I really wanted some extra money(for obvious reasons) so I figured I would try it out...I know its a small sample size, but i have been fairly successful. I would really like any kind of advice regarding any quantitative methods anyone knows of that is applicable to picking winners or predicting point totals...any help at all would be amazing!! So far I am only using basic multiple linear regressions for my analysis, but I would LOVE more tools to add to my arsenal if possible.
    Last edited by mdunlap3; 02-18-13 at 08:33 PM.

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Looks like your doing lots of good things so far. As far as books go for American bettors I would say 5dimes and Bet365 are probably your best bets, don't know much about Bovada at all.
    As far as betting on college basketball you've come to the right place. Tons of insight here and some really sharp cappers. I would start off with the threads with the most views for insights....good luck man

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

bovada ok i guess, depends on what you looking for..i like keeping some money in there just cause they tend to have a ton of props and from time to time you can get extra half point or even full point or more on certain dogs where the majority is taking the fav which is always nice...easy to deposit, ive had some friends tell me they have gotten increasing slow with their payouts and then the biggest drawback is not only do they typically only have totals on televised ncaa hoops gms but they dont open their lines till like 9 am or some shit which really sux, if that dont bother you tho and you arnt trying to bet big amounts they ok..

mdunlap3

Appreciate that guys, good to know...I think im going to move to 5dimes i see it all over this forum. What about quantitative methods? Any insight for the kid haha?

mdunlap3

Thread Record
    10-4-1

Took Portland St. -4 vs. Eastern Washington - Win

2/19/2013 Picks

Maryland -1
    Virginia Commonwealth +3
    LSU + 7 1/2
    Michigan State...I am going to take MSU tonight, but I am going to wait and see if the line drops to -1 or PICK before I book the -2