Magnificent
    Just tryin to be Jay Bilas...
    Magnificent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1118

Re-Investing in Pitt

Got -9.5 for game line.

Got -5.5 for 2H

If it falls on 9 I atleast covered my ass...

If it falls short, I exposed my ass...

If you like it once, why not twice?

Any advice on doing or not doing this in the future?

Hotpicks
    Relaxing with experience
    Hotpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
    Got -9.5 for game line.

Got -5.5 for 2H

If it falls on 9 I atleast covered my ass...

If it falls short, I exposed my ass...

If you like it once, why not twice?

Any advice on doing or not doing this in the future?
    It all depends on the game. This was not the game to do it. Irish $ line +300 2nd half or + 6 was the play. I took the $ line.

Magnificent

Not the game based on the run the Irish made to close out the half? Perhaps if the game was more so back and forth possession by possession instead of long stretches of runs?

Well it certainly looks like an amateur play (which I cetainly will admit to being). But I'm an amateur who pays attention and absorbs information and sometimes, self admittedely out smart myself!

This is the luxury of being a $22-55 a game bettor...I'm not gonna get rich, but I'm not gonna lose my house! I will one day be wagering 4-500 a line, but I'm at least 3-4 years away from that!

I did have the W+M at +115 tonight! woo hoo...big money line gainer! haha

Hotpicks
    Relaxing with experience
    Hotpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its all good -live and learn. I was not criticizing your play just responding to your ?. I've made my fair share of double dipping mistakes as well over the years. I usually will do so - when the team I played to cover a spread is down at the half because you will typically get a favorable number at halftime. Tho it all depends on the game flow. It's much easier to apply that to the NBA. At least that's my opinion. Again I usually base it on what I see on the floor or field in the 1st half. i thought this was a outright win for the Irish ,but chose the pts instead, so I was not surprised to see the move they made late in the 1st. Really it was just horrible shooting as everyone saw.

Magnificent

Just to clarify I did not take your response as an extreme criticism. I do appreciate the response and perspective. Congrats on the W! On to tomorrow...