ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Is the level of college basketball down?

Almost seems so. Slower games. Scores are down. "Elite talent" not resembling elite talent of the past.

Shabazz Muhammad is the most league ready talent in the country? GTFO!! Guy is a mental midget, who thinks he has Kobe talent and wants the Kobe-esque 30 shots per game. You see this dope last night, his reaction due to his team winning? Unreal.

I don't know what it is, because while this has been one of the better seasons I can remember, the talent just isn't there it seems.

Just the absolute abominations of games this year by teams like Northern Illinois earlier, or Kansas against TCU or what we expect out of Notre Dame, Virginia, UCLA, Wisky etc.

Love the game, but I am puzzled by what is going on.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Shabazz is so average. I don't know how someone can get so few assists for having the ball so often.

I like Walton commentating but him jizzing on Shabazz is comedy.
    I never take him seriously though.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Almost seems so. Slower games. Scores are down. "Elite talent" not resembling elite talent of the past.

Shabazz Muhammad is the most league ready talent in the country? GTFO!! Guy is a mental midget, who thinks he has Kobe talent and wants the Kobe-esque 30 shots per game. You see this dope last night, his reaction due to his team winning? Unreal.

I don't know what it is, because while this has been one of the better seasons I can remember, the talent just isn't there it seems.

Just the absolute abominations of games this year by teams like Northern Illinois earlier, or Kansas against TCU or what we expect out of Notre Dame, Virginia, UCLA, Wisky etc.

Love the game, but I am puzzled by what is going on.
    The early entries to the NBA is hurting college BBall. Imagine if the NFL had a 1 and done rule.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Way, way down. And the reaction from Shabazz was embarrassing, I feel bad for whatever team drafts him.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

definitely a down year

ebb and flow....last years draft class was outstanding so this isnt unexpected

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    The early entries to the NBA is hurting college BBall. Imagine if the NFL had a 1 and done rule.
    this year is a lot worse....the one and done rule has nothing to do with this year vs the last few....the rule took affect in 2006

ChalkyDog

I understand the one and done is hurting basketball generally - due to the culture change that brings with it. Not necessarily the talent. Although, the culture harbors a "me only" attitude that completely goes away from sound fundamental basketball.

A lot of the one and dones you say are spectacular, would have never laced them up in college. So I doubt, having them in the league for one year hurts the overall quality of the play.

I don't like the one and done, because of what it has done to glorify the AAU culture and style of the game.

I'd be so happy if we can let you declare out of HS, but if you sign a LOI - you are locked into 2 years at a minimum.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

I understand the one and done is hurting basketball generally - due to the culture change that brings with it. Not necessarily the talent. Although, the culture harbors a "me only" attitude that completely goes away from sound fundamental basketball.

A lot of the one and dones you say are spectacular, would have never laced them up in college. So I doubt, having them in the league for one year hurts the overall quality of the play.

I don't like the one and done, because of what it has done to glorify the AAU culture and style of the game.

I'd be so happy if we can let you declare out of HS, but if you sign a LOI - you are locked into 2 years at a minimum.
    Good idea. However, Do not know if it would hold up in the courts. Then again Clarett challenged the NFL rule of 3 years and lost so who knows.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

more kids are fat and play videogames instead of sports

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

for me all the upsets make it an up year

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Good idea. However, Do not know if it would hold up in the courts. Then again Clarett challenged the NFL rule of 3 years and lost so who knows.
    I think it would hold up in court just fine. Obviously the "locked in" doesn't mean you have to stay at that college or see punitive action. As in, if a player signs with a NCAA team, he is not able to enter the league until he has had 2 years in college.

It would never happen for two reasons:

1) the one and done rule is a simple marketing ploy
    2) Money over everything

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

I think it would hold up in court just fine. Obviously the "locked in" doesn't mean you have to stay at that college or see punitive action. As in, if a player signs with a NCAA team, he is not able to enter the league until he has had 2 years in college.

It would never happen for two reasons:

1) the one and done rule is a simple marketing ploy
    2) Money over everything
    Spot on. I like your style chalky