Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Purdue @ PSU -2.5

Anyone liking this play at -2.5? I'm PSU proud, but even I know we blow for basketball. Purdue won by 18 at home, so I'm thinking this spread is extra generous on Penn State's court. And even a pk at -175 is low enough for a 99% chance win.

Nomadik
    Nomadik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Quote Originally Posted by Crate Mayne View Post
    Anyone liking this play at -2.5? I'm PSU proud, but even I know we blow for basketball. Purdue won by 18 at home, so I'm thinking this spread is extra generous on Penn State's court. And even a pk at -175 is low enough for a 99% chance win.
    Is that in your Sandusky voice?

Crate Mayne

no, but me saying you're cute is.... doucher

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

fuqing newbies
    get the spread right dumbazz
    and again, you continue to be square in taking the road favourite. in season revenge, conf game.

penn state wins

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

Nothing shady about the point spread, Purdue is power rated 77 over Penn St 70. Adjust for home court 7-4 = 3.

Yes normally you will be worried about revenge by a team has been blown out in the first conference game going into the second one but Penn St are just a pile of garbage this year. The closest point-spread they had in conference play this season was laying 2 to Northwestern @ home and lost by 16 and laid 4 to another terrible squad Nebraska @ home and they lost SU by 4. They don't even deserve the home court adjustment.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

I'm on the Boilermakers -2.5 20xI only see this line going up.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

The boilermakers are lookin good

I'm on Purdue -2.5 20x . They beat them by 18 last time they met at Purdue. I don't see Penn St. getting closer than 8.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You obviously haven't seen Purdue play lately if you're backing the Boilermakers under any circumstances right now.

thaman79
    thaman79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

I'm on Purdue for a bill. Good luck to all.

ScurvyPirate
    ScurvyPirate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Pennt st is awful, no doubt. Purdue isnt playing good team ball right now. This is a rare opportunity for Penn st to get a W. I am not putting any money on either squad, if I did it would be on Penn st only because its a game they could actually win.

vegasplaya
    vegasplaya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    fuqing newbies
    and again, you continue to be square in taking the road favourite. in season revenge, conf game.

penn state wins
    go ahead and bet on penn state. we will see who is the newbie. you can want all the revenge you want but if you suck it doesn't matter

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ScurvyPirate View Post
    Pennt st is awful, no doubt. Purdue isnt playing good team ball right now. This is a rare opportunity for Penn st to get a W. I am not putting any money on either squad, if I did it would be on Penn st only because its a game they could actually win.
    I am not saying Purdue is playing lights out but Indiana is much better than them, more experienced [especially in state rivalry match-up], had a hot hand [getting 30 more pts from the arc] and outplayed Purdue completely.

Northwestern also had a hot hand from beyond the arc getting 21 more pts [NW won by 15].

Purdue are vulnerable to teams that can force t/o like Indiana did to them and are very young but Penn St don't have the skill-set to exploit those weaknesses.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

i mean if Purdue loses here...WOW.....im on it

Crate Mayne

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    fuqing newbies

penn state wins
    I don't think I've posted one losing play yet, so get off my nuts woman.... I'm sorry you have the risk tolerance of a 100 year old, and believe it's impossible for any team to win on the road, no matter how shitty a team the face. Seems like ONCE again board consensus sees this play the way I do, as a viable spread or ML play, yet here you chime in with your big boy pants on tryna kick up dust.

PaperTrail07

Crate....your totally right....no reason Purdue does not win this game as a morale booster....they have been in the dumps....nothing like beating someone on the road to jumpstart the squad...PSU is horrible....Purdue has SOME talent and should very easily win this game by 8-13 points

NjSunDvlSal
    NjSunDvlSal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Purdue -2 (-115) is my play of the day. I bet 230 to win 200. I can only imagine Purdue wins by 18 at home then plays like a bunch of scrubs simply because its a road game. Go Boilermakers

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Only way I could back Penn State here is if they were more than 6-8 point dogs. This is a bad basketball team. Purdue should out rebound them by double. Hammons could get 15 rebounds here.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Quote Originally Posted by numismatist View Post
    Only way I could back Penn State here is if they were more than 6-8 point dogs. This is a bad basketball team. Purdue should out rebound them by double. Hammons could get 15 rebounds here.
    To pile on, Penn St is not a good shooting team and Purdue is 14th in nation in rebounds/game. I can't see Penn St in this game unless they convert first shots.

Other than N'western, Purdue's losses have been to the elite Big 10 teams. For the most part, they beat the teams they should.

As strong as the Big 10 is this year, the Lions could very well go winless in conference. Their best shot may have been at home to the Huskers and they blew that.
    Last edited by BennyFang; 02-05-13 at 02:38 PM.

NjSunDvlSal
    NjSunDvlSal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Quote Originally Posted by BennyFang View Post
    To pile on, Penn St is not a good shooting team and Purdue is 14th in nation in rebounds/game. I can't see Penn St in this game unless they convert first shots.
    All hail Boilermakers for tonight only! Please cover as the "Small road favorite jinx" tonight =) Everything points to a Purdue 7 point win at least right?

-Sincerely, a Notre Dame fan

Crate Mayne

Congrats to all those who don't over analyze matchups, and won tonight...put that money to good use!

Oh and ayyo Ridims, what's up you fuccin newbie square...

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Crate Mayne View Post
    Congrats to all those who don't over analyze matchups, and won tonight...put that money to good use!

Oh and ayyo Ridims, what's up you fuccin newbie square...
    Easy Pickings

PaperTrail07

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

That was some ugly ball. But PSU was a little more putrid than PU. A win is a win...