SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matt Fargo: Back Lumberjacks vs. Dons

Back the Lumberjacks vs. the Dons

Game Time: 11/27/2006 10:00:00 PM

By: Matt Fargo
    The Professional Handicappers League™. Serving the Sports Handicapping Industry Since 1996!

Led by the outside shooting of Stephen Sir, expect the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks to manhandle the San Francisco Dons at War Memorial Gymnasium in San Fran.

The Lumberjacks have lost twice this season with those two defeats coming at the hands of Kansas and Arizona so the 28-point margin of defeat is no real surprise. Northern Arizona is a good team despite what those games showed. They are picked to win the Big Sky Conference based in part on bringing back five of their top six scorers from last season.
    Back the Lumberjacks vs. the Dons

San Francisco has had a similar start to the season, beating the bad teams and losing to the good ones. The Dons are 1-1 on their home floor defeating only Div-II Sonoma St. and even that was not a dominating performance. The strength of this team is the backcourt where the top three scorers are on the perimeter including Connecticut transfer Antonio Kellogg. The frontcourt is not nearly as strong and that will hurt against the Lumberjacks who have a balanced inside/outside attack.

The Lumberjacks are shooting a solid 48.6 percent from behind the arc and they have one of the best around in Steve Sir, a transfer from San Diego St. who was granted an extra year of eligibility. He alone is hitting 55 percent from three-point land. Forwards Ruben Boykin Jr. and Kyle Landry are tied for second on the team in scoring with 12.2 ppg while they are grabbing a combined 13.6 rpg. The up-tempo offense of Northern Arizona is successful because it is deep as 10 players are averaging double digits in minutes.

We often have situations where defenses tend to favor the offenses but in this game there is no defensive edge on either side and because of that, the underdog is always the solid play, especially with a big line in this case. Play against favorites that are averaging 76 or more ppg against a team that is allowing 76 or more ppg after playing a game where both teams score 80 points or more. This situation is 25-4 ATS (86.2 percent) over the last five seasons. Look for another cover on Monday.

Play: Northern Arizona

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too am liking Northern Arizona in this game myself.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't know much about either team, so I am passing.