zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Heritage is hanging Ohio (NCAAB) +120 ML 1st half when they are -18.5 for game.

reported it on live chat about an hour ago and they have still yet to fix it.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

lose - lose proposition.

you make the wager and it hits, they will void it out.

you place it and it misses, wager stands.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

free roll special, an art pioneered by Tony at 5D.

pass and move on. best-case scenario is wager is voided and you waste a lot of time arguing over it. worst-case scenario is you lose.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetBuysDanK View Post
    lose - lose proposition.

you make the wager and it hits, they will void it out.

you place it and it misses, wager stands.
    No I am talking about taking it.

just wondering why the hell they aren't fixing it. and why they would put up a line up that is so ungodly far off. +120 and -700 is a massive difference.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    No I am talking about taking it.

just wondering why the hell they aren't fixing it. and why they would put up a line up that is so ungodly far off. +120 and -700 is a massive difference.
    because they can't lose. if you make a wager on a line that far off and it hits, they'll void it and say you should've known (ergo, you lose because you don't get paid on a winning wager). if it happens to lose, then you lose. you can't win so pass and move on. this shit's been going on forever and just about everyone has been fooled once by such tactics.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    because they can't lose. if you make a wager on a line that far off and it hits, they'll void it and say you should've known (ergo, you lose because you don't get paid on a winning wager). if it happens to lose, then you lose. you can't win so pass and move on. this shit's been going on forever and just about everyone has been fooled once by such tactics.
    argggggh Biff.

as I said, I have no intentions in taking it. I am just curious on how they could be so far off in hanging a line and than not take it down after I reported it over an hour ago.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Don't touch it, what other people said is right.
    I reported a bad line to DSI and had to talk to 3 people before they told me I was right. For their adjusted spreads they were offering the same team -3.5 -270 and +7.5 -220. First two people I talked to said that it looked fine.

BiffTFinancial

argggggh Biff.

as I said, I have no intentions in taking it. I am just curious on how they could be so far off in hanging a line and than not take it down after I reported it over an hour ago.
    my apologies - your post said "No I am talking about taking it" and was probably accidentally missing the word "not."

that said, my point is the same: they are hanging it because they cannot lose. a few poor saps will take it, and either lose outright or (more likely) have a winner voided. the fact that you personally reported it and it has not been changed probably supports my position that this is no accident.

zoo youk

my apologies - your post said "No I am talking about taking it" and was probably accidentally missing the word "not."

that said, my point is the same: they are hanging it because they cannot lose. a few poor saps will take it, and either lose outright or (more likely) have a winner voided. the fact that you personally reported it and it has not been changed probably supports my position that this is no accident.
    woops! yes correct.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

If that's true, that is so incredibly bush league. Do they really need to resort to that to take people's money??

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    If that's true, that is so incredibly bush league. Do they really need to resort to that to take people's money??
    it's incredibly true and it's incredibly bush league. i know a couple of guys who've had that happen with Tony at 5D. in one instance, guy sent email to three of us (all of whom have 5D accounts) and says something to effect of "5D hanging bad line on particular game of X; everywhere else has Y; let's pound it." i said, yeah, i've heard about these sorts of tactics before on SBR, i'll pass and save the frustration. the other three guys played it, thought they had a winner, then found out they'd been free rolled. guy who sent initial email feels bad and spends an hour or two arguing with Tony about it, but gets nowhere (they have a basis for their position based upon their written rules of play).

in short, they will resort to anything to take people's money. they don't need to, but they do. not defending the practice on any level, of course, but the best thing to do with an obviously bad line is to pass and save yourself the frustration.

BiffTFinancial

woops! yes correct.
    no worries, i was just trying to help because i was afraid you might unload on it. in my story i just posted, one of the three guys put a significant percentage of his balance on it then had it tied up all night while the situation was sorted out. he was really frustrated and i wouldn't want to see anyone else put in the same position.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

5 Dimes does this frequently and I do think it's intentional.

zoo youk

they have taken the line down

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

mouse trap

jimm246
    Update your status
    jimm246's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2652

Yea fuk that guy tony that why i dont have 5d no more! and who is he anyways?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

they have taken the line down
    that's awesome. i hope people contact them when they see a bad line and they take it down. i hope they just act normal. i don't want an advantage line that they'll take away, just the normal lines