16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

need a little help with a line movement on totals

The Gonzaga St Mary's line moved almost 5 pts by tip off why didnt the game go under when the line moved in favor of the Under? can you please give me some insight. Is there any correlation with line movement in overs & unders I know there is with ATS not sure about totals

Thank you

Johnny Mac

ST. Mary's
    Gonzaga
    (PST)
    to 143

dumbmoney
    dumbmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

Over the long run there probably is but personally I don't care too much about line movements in cbb just because they're off so often, and a lot of times if you follow after the movement it's already adjusted to a point where there is no longer an edge. It just means the money was coming in on the under last night. But the money was wrong. Happens all the time. Can't tell you all the times I feel good because I'm in early on the right side of a 3 or 4 point move, and the play still loses, or all the times the line moves against me but the play still wins. Just last night I was on TX-Arlington despite the line going from them as the favorite to a 1.5 point dog, and they still cashed easily. Also on Temple which went from -2 to -3.5 and they still lost SU. IMO, because the betting pools for each college game is much smaller than NFL games, it takes less money to move the lines, and they seem to be less accurate.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

half the totals i play move against me, and usually those are the best ones (seriously),, i dont put any weight in the moves at all, all it means someone or lot of someones disagree, doesnt take nearly the money to move ncaa totals and they fluctuate like crazy...obviously id rather beat the hell out of the closer but honestly the only totals ive missed lately are 1s i beat the closer..zags gm last night i bet the 1st time at 147.5, then re-popped it at 144 cause i just couldnt figure how that gm didnt see 150 minimum...personally im much better served making a number and if i feel i have a edge just play it than worrying about what happens with the line...

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Thanks for your input fellows

Jmac