2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

new years eve hoops discussion thread

nice card of some good gms today..lets see if we can put our heads together and come up with a few winners..last time i did one of these turned out pretty well and we had some good discussion so hopefully it works that way again (cept for the one i started with lost, plenty of winners tho)..so again ill start it off (hopefully with a better result )..

pit-6...pit plays solid d and cincy offense is terrible, they take horrible shots and one guy dribbles way to damn much on every possession..pit will make this a half court gm and they control the defensive glass so the 2 ways cincy generates offense (on the break and offensive boards) will be negated..ultimately i think it will be a real struggle for cincy to score and if this a half court gm then im getting the team that excels running a offense vs a team full of individuals....

will have some more and look forward to all that sharp cats on this forum chiming in to hopefully bang out a winning card....

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    nice card of some good gms today..lets see if we can put our heads together and come up with a few winners..last time i did one of these turned out pretty well and we had some good discussion so hopefully it works that way again (cept for the one i started with lost, plenty of winners tho)..so again ill start it off (hopefully with a better result )..

pit-6...pit plays solid d and cincy offense is terrible, they take horrible shots and one guy dribbles way to damn much on every possession..pit will make this a half court gm and they control the defensive glass so the 2 ways cincy generates offense (on the break and offensive boards) will be negated..ultimately i think it will be a real struggle for cincy to score and if this a half court gm then im getting the team that excels running a offense vs a team full of individuals....

will have some more and look forward to all that sharp cats on this forum chiming in to hopefully bang out a winning card....
    on pitt with you buddy.

the minnesota discussion was started in the other thread but Ill prob be taking them today. waiting for the line to shrink more.

north texas later @ +13.5 is a pick Gwills pointed out in his thread and I love it as well.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I think Pitt, Minnesota and Indiana all win. Not sure about covers on any of these games, but I don't see any of them losing.

Like Oklahoma State ML.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

What about Indiana/Iowa over 151? These teams love to score against each other. Look at last year's results. I don't see this one being much different.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I think Pitt, Minnesota and Indiana all win. Not sure about covers on any of these games, but I don't see any of them losing.

Like Oklahoma State ML.

okie lite looks good to me as well...wouldnt pay extra juice, either lay the 2 or dont but i cant stand juice in ncaa hoops (well never but especially in this sport)..

havnt got to the indy gm yet,,i will here in a second..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jinxpro13 View Post
    on pitt with you buddy.

the minnesota discussion was started in the other thread but Ill prob be taking them today. waiting for the line to shrink more.

north texas later @ +13.5 is a pick Gwills pointed out in his thread and I love it as well.
    havnt got that far on the card in regards to n.tex,,,im working on it ...yea i think it min or pass, really comes down to who can control the glass but i wouldnt go against the gophers at home..

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I dont see Minnesota losing either. Izzo's squad has looked pretty bad so far. Ive been really impressed with minnesota and the barn is a hard place to play.

you guys playing any college football? I really want to take GTech with that AWFUL USC defense.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    I dont see Minnesota losing either. Izzo's squad has looked pretty bad so far. Ive been really impressed with minnesota and the barn is a hard place to play.

you guys playing any college football? I really want to take GTech with that AWFUL USC defense.
    playing vandy (tailing biffT as he pretty high on this one)....wouldnt shock me at all if gtech wins but only thing i played in that gm is 1st half under 31.5...

yea minny super tough at home, only thing bout that is kids still out on break and being new years eve i doubt we get the same atmosphere you typically see.. cant wait till next week when the gyms be rocking...

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post

teased vandy down to -2.5 in a parlay

wudn't be surprised if either Gtech or USC won by a lot. crazy hard game to cap imo. that backup usc qb looked okay.. i dunno.

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

Indiana wins by more than 7 today...

2daBank

lot of wind in that usc/gt gm from what i hear..def a big adv for the team that cant throw..then again triple option not that hard to stop if you have time to prepare, but of coarse you have to be committed and not sure you can say that bout usc as they all more worried bout nfl than getting chop blocked (cut) and playing assignment fb all day..that and not sure they can run the option in pratice to prepare for it? i dunno...i lean gtech but think 1h under solid..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    Indiana wins by more than 7 today...
    i wouldnt argue with that..

2daBank

more than likely be on new mexico ml..only concern is slu's bigs being able to get free on the perimeter for treys but ultimately think we getting a pretty good price on the better team in the lobo's...

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Ok state -2 vs zags

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    Ok state -2 vs zags
    yea i like this one as well..

RetardStrength

I am having a tough time not taking Cincy and the points. 6 is A LOT. I think they really look to bounce back here after that tough loss to New Mexico, just like New Mexico essentially used Cincy to bounce back after their tough loss.

Pitt is going to try their best to control the tempo, and Cincy is going to try their best to make Pitt play at their pace. If Cincy comes out shooting just above their current avg (~44%) they will win this game hands down. If they shoot poorly, it's going to be very close.

I really don't like that Pitt hasn't played anyone tough in their last 8 games... Cincy is out for blood in this spot.

BOL whichever you play

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    I am having a tough time not taking Cincy and the points. 6 is A LOT. I think they really look to bounce back here after that tough loss to New Mexico, just like New Mexico essentially used Cincy to bounce back after their tough loss.

Pitt is going to try their best to control the tempo, and Cincy is going to try their best to make Pitt play at their pace. If Cincy comes out shooting just above their current avg (~44%) they will win this game hands down. If they shoot poorly, it's going to be very close.

I really don't like that Pitt hasn't played anyone tough in their last 8 games... Cincy is out for blood in this spot.

BOL whichever you play

bet it live.

2daBank

found another one i like...

ut arlington-2..follow this philosophy im bout to lay down and prosper..fade denver on the road..the end.. i broke this simple rule i live by once this yr and payed for it, thou shall not stray from the path again..

Wesley
    Wesley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6293

thanks for your input 2daBank

will you pick the Lobos or do you stay away?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    thanks for your input 2daBank

will you pick the Lobos or do you stay away?

Lobos +170 for me..

2daBank

fukkin pissed i missed start of iona gm,,wanted to play them.damn eastern times,,lol

RetardStrength

Cincy..... Blouses

Shot extremely well 2nd half

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    ...wouldnt shock me at all if gtech wins but only thing i played in that gm is 1st half under 31.5...
    Nice, relaxing, easy 1st half under.