TheSituation87
    TheSituation87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

UCONN -16. Point Shaving?

First and foremost, I took the game when it was -15, so I pushed. But anybody who saw that game has to be thinking the fix was in. If you dont believe it or didn't see the game, go to ESPN and recap the play by play. The 1st obvious clue being such a HUGE discrepancy in the 1st half score to 2nd half score by UCONN. 1st half UCONN up 57-28(+29pts). 2nd half Fordham 45-31 UCONN(-14). Now I understand coaches making adjustmentsduring halftime when their losing, but adjustments to where your able to score 17 more pts in the 2nd half Next up is Boatright and Napier. They were constantly jacking up wild worthless 3s after 3s instead of dring to the basket at will. I can understand shooting 3s if your a team trying to get back in the game cause your down by DD, but UCONN was up by DD, so why so many wild 3s? Next point. Napier and especially Boatright were constantly Turning over the ball late in the game.The last 3min scream boatright, Napier, Allen doing whatever it can to give Fordham possessions.

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Odd...how dare UCONN not play with the same intensity in the second half as the first half. Obviously, this is point shaving. Obviously, this is evidence of a squatch.

mikeyplata
    mikeyplata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

i had fordham +15.5

TheSituation87
    TheSituation87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Nice to see you come here to troll instead of actually giving me reasons against the accusations which I gave many reasons.

Another clue. Any outright coach knows when your up by DD with less than 3min to go, you hold on to the ball more and take time off the clock. When time is winding down you try to drive to the basket and get fouled or shoot in the perimeter. What was UCONN players doing? Jacking up quick 3s, quick jump shots and not taking time off the clock. What was UCONNs last possession with less 49seec to go and up 18? Yup you guessed it a TO to Fordham.

If you think these kids did not know about the spread line your also dead wrong. Your team is down 18 with 29 seconds to end of game. Why shoot meaningless 3? To cover the spread obviously was what Jared Fay knew he had to do. In this situation you take the loss by holding the ball or like I said drive to the basket. Obviously UCONN players didn't contest the final 3pt attempt by Fordham cause they wanted it to go in. This was a given when Allen gave them the possession by getting a TO.

This game looked way to fishy down the 2nd half stretch and I'm not the only one who sees that.If you follow last 10min of 2nd half you can see the trend in gameplay and pattern. UCONN misses jumpers and 3s and when Fordham is 15-16pt,UCONN instead choose to drive to the basket for easy 2pts. Fordham missing shots, they let them get OR or UCONN also misses shots. A lot of talk on other forums about Boatright, Napier, Allen shaving points. Why the hell not, Christmas is coming, they could use the extra money by shaving points for money.

NCAA needs to investigate this
    Last edited by TheSituation87; 12-22-12 at 04:06 AM.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

expect alot of this this year, they dont have anything to play for except money. Dont bet on UConn games. They will do this alot more this.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

but the ncaa wont ever investigate point shaving its too hard to prove, the only way they investigate something like this is if someone on the inside tells them info

HatersGonnaHate
    HatersGonnaHate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 272

You lost a bet. Yeah it sucked and happened in a crappy way but get over it.

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Quote Originally Posted by TheSituation87 View Post
    First and foremost, I took the game when it was -15, so I pushed. But anybody who saw that game has to be thinking the fix was in. If you dont believe it or didn't see the game, go to ESPN and recap the play by play. The 1st obvious clue being such a HUGE discrepancy in the 1st half score to 2nd half score by UCONN. 1st half UCONN up 57-28(+29pts). 2nd half Fordham 45-31 UCONN(-14). Now I understand coaches making adjustmentsduring halftime when their losing, but adjustments to where your able to score 17 more pts in the 2nd half Next up is Boatright and Napier. They were constantly jacking up wild worthless 3s after 3s instead of dring to the basket at will. I can understand shooting 3s if your a team trying to get back in the game cause your down by DD, but UCONN was up by DD, so why so many wild 3s? Next point. Napier and especially Boatright were constantly Turning over the ball late in the game.The last 3min scream boatright, Napier, Allen doing whatever it can to give Fordham possessions.

Ugh, can you do me a favor and take the "87" out of your name if you're going to play that card?