mikeyplata
    mikeyplata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Iona @ La Salle

Iona is playing their third contest in a stretch of four-games in nine days before the Christmas holiday. After this match they go back home for their last home game before winter break. They just won at home big against a bad Liberty team and before that had a tough fought match against a defensive minded Georgia, in which they pulled out a win. I definitely don't see Iona pulling out another road win before break and especially vs a much more efficient (compared to Georgia) offensive team in La Salle. Iona lost @ Rutgers before Georgia which I see as a nice team to compare to La Salle. Final score of the Rutgers match, 73-81. I believe La Salle is the better team and I'll happily take them at -5.5.
    Last edited by mikeyplata; 12-20-12 at 04:03 AM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Laury will play for the 1st time this yr for iona and by all accounts the kid has gm and will help their front court,,im kinda a iona fan (not really fan, just like that conf and follow them somewhat closely) but i think it take some time for him to get worked into the rotation and while few guys i respect on iona i think id have to have 7/8 points to feel great about playing them, so i guess i agree line seems a little shot,,doubt i play cause not much of a la salle believer, only decent win was a ot win over a not that great nova team, of coarse iona has a few losses to teams id agree la salle more talented than ( some of that has to do with lacking front court presence which laury will help dramatically)..not sure if we see a total on this game but id def consider over as should be some points in this one as iona gonna score and force the pace and i think la salle will oblige.. not sure i get the la salle/rutgers comparisons? rutgers few guys with size/length that get after it on the glass and that where they beat iona as they crushed them on the boards, la salle not much of a offensive rebounding team and again iona should be getting a little help in that area in this gm...more than likely a pass for me so i wish you luck but i am curious as to why you think la salle is a good comparison to rutgers?

mikeyplata

Also like Tulane but the line hasn't opened up yet. Like them at -1.5.

Both teams playing the 2nd half of a b2b. Tulane opened up their b2b with a 20+ pt victory of Texas-Pan American and Pepperdine also had a victory by 8 against Alabama St. I'll take the home team over the road team looking forward to going back home to Cali for their Christmas break right after this game.

mikeyplata

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Laury will play for the 1st time this yr for iona and by all accounts the kid has gm and will help their front court,,im kinda a iona fan (not really fan, just like that conf and follow them somewhat closely) but i think it take some time for him to get worked into the rotation and while few guys i respect on iona i think id have to have 7/8 points to feel great about playing them, so i guess i agree line seems a little shot,,doubt i play cause not much of a la salle believer, only decent win was a ot win over a not that great nova team, of coarse iona has a few losses to teams id agree la salle more talented than ( some of that has to do with lacking front court presence which laury will help dramatically)..not sure if we see a total on this game but id def consider over as should be some points in this one as iona gonna score and force the pace and i think la salle will oblige.. not sure i get the la salle/rutgers comparisons? rutgers few guys with size/length that get after it on the glass and that where they beat iona as they crushed them on the boards, la salle not much of a offensive rebounding team and again iona should be getting a little help in that area in this gm...more than likely a pass for me so i wish you luck but i am curious as to why you think la salle is a good comparison to rutgers?
    I'm new to ncaa, have always done nba. Still trying to get matchups down. I wasn't comparing matchups but instead was just using stats. Thanks for the reply I appreciate the feedback. Still a lot for me to learn. At first I did want to pass on the game but like you said I thought the line should be higher. I didn't know that Laury would be coming back for Iona, where did you find that info?

2daBank

i mean la salle does other things well rutgers does not as rutgers is turnover prone and gaels force a lot of them, la salle plays a bunch of guards and dont give it away to often.. again i just dont see the comparison of those 2 teams..

mikeyplata

i was just rambling. i guess i was just comparing la salle's offensive and defensive efficiency as well as strength of schedule to rutgers. I understand that i'm not even scratching the surface when breaking down games and that whatever method it is that i'm using to cap these games might not even work in the long run. just testing out some stuff seeing if it works, had a couple good weeks.

2daBank

this was best i could do,,there a few different papers that have mention of him playing but couldnt find anything besides that,,so i guess i should say to best of my knowledge he playing..

http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2012...-take-on-iona/

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyplata View Post
    i was just rambling. i guess i was just comparing la salle's offensive and defensive efficiency as well as strength of schedule to rutgers. I understand that i'm not even scratching the surface when breaking down games and that whatever method it is that i'm using to cap these games might not even work in the long run. just testing out some stuff seeing if it works, had a couple good weeks.

right on...it just seemed like a odd comparison as la salle efficiency comes from sold ball handling and good 3 point shooting while rutgers is based off their ability to get after it on the offensive glass and interior scoring.. gl with the play

TheSituation87
    TheSituation87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

I would take Iona +5.5. I actually think Iona will come out with the Win here, but being cautious cause there on the road(so I wouldn't take a ML if its there). Iona will get more FGA, go to the line more and shoot a slight better FG%. Defensive wise there about the same except I'm projecting Iona to get more OFR.

I always predict the score on my picks. Tells me if I'm just wasting my time number crunching or if the time doing it pays off, lol.

Predicted Score
    La Salle-73
    Iona -71

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

LaSalle money line

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TheeArchBishop View Post
    LaSalle money line
    man i dont got the stomach to be laying -240 on a ncaa bb gm...im assuming you using in a parlay? i do some ml parlays, i didnt see 3 decent favs i trusted enough today in solid price ranges.. i actually think this gm you either get a la salle cover or a iona win..personally if i was to play either side it be lay the points or take the plus money...

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    man i dont got the stomach to be laying -240 on a ncaa bb gm...im assuming you using in a parlay? i do some ml parlays, i didnt see 3 decent favs i trusted enough today in solid price ranges.. i actually think this gm you either get a la salle cover or a iona win..personally if i was to play either side it be lay the points or take the plus money...

Haven't made a decision yet but fairly confident LaSalle wins. I money lined Cincy last night and I'm not gonna lie - I was scared as hell after that garbage first half. Gonna wait a bit and see what I'm gonna do.

mikeyplata

glad i ended up playing it, but only in a parlay. today's card was too hard for me. so just had tulane, princeton, la salle, and weber st but i gave them all 3 pts just in case.

2daBank

wish i could have found a total,,no number was high enough,,think BOL had 151, they cruised over that..nice hit..