Folks, just thought I'd put out a friendly reminder for this time of year with college bball...

When considering the home vs. away angle over the next few days/weeks, remember that most colleges have finished up finals and many students have gone home for the holidays. Lower attendance can often mean lower intensity, especially with small name schools that don't draw "big" crowds to begin with. I find it is much easier for potential blowouts to remain close, when there is no one in the stands. Not to mention the players themselves are thinking of getting out of dodge for at least a couple days.

The best angles (in my opinion):
Look for teams ending long road streaks, right before xmas break. There is potential for easy covers as away squads play in "empty" arena's when they are just ready to go home and enjoy a little down-time.
Look for the games that are nationally televised, especially teams who don't typically receive the pleasure. Coaches often remind players they are on TV, so the effort and intensity is there when the stands are not as full. ESPECIALLY for the home team.
Look for teams facing a big opponent or an upcoming televised game. While the stands remain a little more empty, you tend to get some "look aheads" for some of the better teams, facing lowly opponents. If a team is facing someone they should cruise past, and their next game is against a bigger name school, AND is nationally televised, consider their focus to be on that game, and not the one they are currently playing.

Feel free to add your thoughts/commentary.

BOL