No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

DePaul +6 interests me

Not much respect for an 8-1 Arizona State team on their home court, where they're 7-0. This line opened pre-market -3? Hmmm.

Might have to back the Demons tonight.

Fresno State could also be worth a look as a home dog at +4 or better.

HatersGonnaHate
    HatersGonnaHate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 272

I don't know. I could easily see colorado blowing out fresno

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I don't know. I could easily see colorado blowing out fresno
    Colorado should, but the ? is will they....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I'm on DePaul +5.5, I like them to win this game outright

GoBlue#21
    GoBlue#21's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like ASU at home tonight.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Should be very high scoring , but as long as blue demons don't get killed in the turnover department I think they win.

Asu has not been impressive ,

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Asu has not been impressive ,
    Their record is, but it seems inflated. Guess we'll find out a little more about them here.

Is DePaul supposed to be decent this year LK?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

DePaul has alot of talent that is finally starting to mature. Cleveland Melvin will be the best player on the court and Brandon young is as good of a point guard as you'll see.

Asu hasn't played anybody and both of these teams like to run up and down the floor and with the tempo I expect why not take the points.

i think this game will be played in mid 70s to maybe even 80s.

since when did asu have a big home court advantage anyway? But, of course I'm big east biased as you all know.
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 12-12-12 at 11:09 AM.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I just noticed the new icons in your signature LKid1.....

When did they add the women with "you're a big baller!"

Where did they find that asian?

GoBlue#21
    GoBlue#21's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a teaser in with ASU so just worried about them keeping it close.

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

This line confuses me. Ive randomly found myself going in on a lot of DePaul games over the past two years and even went to a few games when I lived in Chicago.

On its face ASU looks like a sure winner. DePaul is improving with their coaching change a few years back but they are so damn inconsistent. Some things about DePaul:

-They are not a team that likes to run their offense on a set, structured half court offense. They move in from the wings with their swingmen Young and Cleveland doing a lot of the heavy work. These guys are shooting 51% and 47%...that is not really sustainable as these two guys are over 1/3 of their offense.

-They have looked miserable against the best two teams they've played. They struggled last week against the abysmal Chicago St. team.

-They can run and if they shoot moderately well, their ball movement and pace can make up for an otherwise basic offense.

This is one of those games where unless you've studied film on either team youre lying if you really think you know how its going to play out. I'd say you almost have to take the points because its not entirely impossible that DePaul wins, just looks unlikely unless they get things rolling. Its not that theyre overmatched, its more that they have to be clicking to win this one.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post
    This line confuses me. Ive randomly found myself going in on a lot of DePaul games over the past two years and even went to a few games when I lived in Chicago.

On its face ASU looks like a sure winner. DePaul is improving with their coaching change a few years back but they are so damn inconsistent. Some things about DePaul:

-They are not a team that likes to run their offense on a set, structured half court offense. They move in from the wings with their swingmen Young and Cleveland doing a lot of the heavy work. These guys are shooting 51% and 47%...that is not really sustainable as these two guys are over 1/3 of their offense.

-They have looked miserable against the best two teams they've played. They struggled last week against the abysmal Chicago St. team.

-They can run and if they shoot moderately well, their ball movement and pace can make up for an otherwise basic offense.

This is one of those games where unless you've studied film on either team youre lying if you really think you know how its going to play out. I'd say you almost have to take the points because its not entirely impossible that DePaul wins, just looks unlikely unless they get things rolling. Its not that theyre overmatched, its more that they have to be clicking to win this one.
    I think with the high tempo both teams with get alot of easy buckets, great post.

OhMyEli

Adding a little more:

I dont use Kenpom very much this early in the season but its interesting to see he has DePaul about 30 spots higher than ASU.

I am also not sold on the over. Generally betting an over on a DePaul game is cash, but 151 is a bit high as DePaul has had a few second half droughts this season and my book has no 1H o/u.
    I am changing course 180 degrees and going with DePaul, hopefully I can get +6.5 or 7 by tip.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Herb Sendek said he wanted to go more up-tempo this year but they're still a slow-it-down team. In any case, he's still accomplished far more in his career than Oliver Prunell ever has. The man is a chokejob artist.

As for best player on the court, louisvillekid, its Jahii Carson and its not even close.

THoll702
    THoll702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5448

For ASU third straight game at home, after beating both Hartford and CS-North by around 10. A team with more talent than either of those two schools comes into Wells Fargo Arena. Like the situation for Depaul +6.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post

Thanks for the post. I'm just going to pass, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if DePaul covered because ASU is garbage as well.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Unreal.

OhMyEli

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Unreal.
    Tell me about it, I decided to dick around on a 4 teamer, and instead of DePaul I put Cavs in. The Cavs have a historic 23 point second half and DePaul is in good shape. The other 3 hit...

ndirishfan
    ndirishfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Damn coin im glad I didnt see the post before the game. All I saw was you liked it so I bet it. Your gut was right.

bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tried to give OhMyEli points for his insightful post - took Depaul based on that & a capper. But... the forum will only let me give away 2 per day. I don't get it.

Lakers Dynasty
    Lakers Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Nice call. A lot of people took the other side.

OhMyEli

Quote Originally Posted by bane View Post
    Tried to give OhMyEli points for his insightful post - took Depaul based on that & a capper. But... the forum will only let me give away 2 per day. I don't get it.
    Cheers buddy, I'm still trying to sort out which guys I can trust and why. Hopefully a few of us will keep to actual productive chatter over the "LOCK O DA CENTURY" type posts.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Congrats depaul backers